NASCAR 2015

Clamman73

I am 99 percent sure Kyle Busch isn't racing tomorrow. I saw the Nationwide race on fox sports 1 and Kyle Busch hit head on to a wall without a safer barrier. Kyle's leg had to be wrapped in and was taken in the hospital by ambulance.

It seemed like Kyle broken his leg based on what I saw.

That's gotta hurt...I don't understand why the track can't spend a few bucks just making every wall a safer barrier???

wdwfan4ver

The President of Daytona International Speedway has announced that tire packs will be in place for the Daytona 500 and plans to put Safer Barriers up starting Monday.

The President of Daytona International speedway also said finances don't come into play for Safer barriers.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think they are learning from the NFL and disassociating themselves to not give their product a stigma. The timing for the suspension is terrible as the charges were brought to light some time ago.

You know, that was exactly what I could not understand as well. That's why I was stunned the other day when I read the ESPN report (I had only been looking for some upcoming news on the 500, when I stumbled on the report about Kurt).

Well, as @artvandelay posted, looks like Kurt's appeal was denied.

Tough weekend for the Busch family all around.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
I'm going to say a big one will take out the top picks and someone starting the race from the back will win.

Still cheering #48 though. :)

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
577889_487922254584718_880735006_n.jpeg

Daytona 500, Daytona

1. Joey Logano
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 84063

Daytona 500, Daytona

1. Joey Logano
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Well, at least I got to see the last 20 laps--exciting!! Congratulations to Joey Logano, but I was surprised to see him win. I had assumed that probably it would have been either Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick or Dale Earnhardt, Jr., from what I saw of the race, in those last 20 laps.

I was sad for Jeff Gordon; I really wanted him to win, especially seeing it was his last time at the 500. This reminded me a little of that knot I had in my stomach, some year ago, when Mark Martin was giving it his all to win the Daytona 500, but ended up in 2nd place.

All the drivers are excellent and deserve a lot of credit; but for me, there's always a few that you just really "pull" for.

artvandelay

Well, at least I got to see the last 20 laps--exciting!! Congratulations to Joey Logano, but I was surprised to see him win. I had assumed that probably it would have been either Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick or Dale Earnhardt, Jr., from what I saw of the race, in those last 20 laps.

I was sad for Jeff Gordon; I really wanted him to win, especially seeing it was his last time at the 500. This reminded me a little of that knot I had in my stomach, some year ago, when Mark Martin was giving it his all to win the Daytona 500, but ended up in 2nd place.

All the drivers are excellent and deserve a lot of credit; but for me, there's always a few that you just really "pull" for.
Mark Martin's second place in 2007 was tough to watch. Harvick almost did the same thing yesterday. I understand why the caution came out, but it would of been nice to see if Harvick could of caught Logano.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
While this isn't NASCAR, Jamie Mcmurray and Kyle Larson is part of a race team that won this years 2015 24 hours of Daytona. They won it driving for their their cup owner Chip Ganassi. Chip has been a sport car racing owner for years besides Indy Car and NASCAR. Jamie Mcmurray now is the 2nd driver ever to win the 24 hours of Daytona and the Daytona 500. The only other driver that accomplished that is A.J. Foyt.
3rd, you forgot Mario Andretti.

Jeff Gordon has driven in the Rolex 24 hours previously as has Jimmie Johnson, Dale Jr, and AJ Allmendinger who was in the winning car in 2014. I wouldn't mind seeing him race in the Tudor United SportsCar series (formerly Rolex).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom