Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian, Any Good?

jcldtrek

Original Poster
I'm trying to decide on a place to go to dine by myself, and was thinking of a signature restaurant. Was wondering if Narcoossees at the Floridian was any good.

KeithVH

We've been going there for 15 years and NEVER had a bad meal or service. It is our #1 dining experience. Been to all the others over the years and nothing beats this.

yes, some people will swear by CG or whatever. But consistency is a big hallmark at Narcoosee's for us. I would also consider it the most romantic setting of the signatures, all things considered.

We just went a few weeks ago and it was the best meal we've had at the World in the last few years. As long as you're not OCD or demanding to the point of foolishness, I think you'll not regret eating there.

Disneybird

I had a wonderful dining experience there with my family a few years ago. It was my anniversary and my husband and I were given personalized menus and complimentary champagne. My son-in-law still proclaims it his best meal ever.

Bowler Hat Girl

Every trip, we try to do one "signature" dinner on our last night, and it's become a toss-up between Narcoossee's and Cali Grill. The food has always been wonderful, the service is excellent, and it's got a great view if you're by the windows. I'd definitely say it's worth a try! :)

kasey1988

Good to hear, dbf wanted to try spirit of aloha for our 2 credit meal, but I think I have him convinced we should stick with narcoosses! Never been to either, I know it's two completely different atmospheres, but hope we will be happy with the food/fancier atmosphere!

kasey1988

Good to hear, dbf wanted to try spirit of aloha for our 2 credit meal, but I think I have him convinced we should stick with narcoosses! Never been to either, I know it's two completely different atmospheres, but hope we will be happy with the food/fancier atmosphere!

surfsupdon

Been to Narcoossee's several times and it is always a highlight.

Most of us get the steak, some of us order a seasonal fish entree...and it IS always very good.

Prices are high, so my only complaint is that my serving size is on the smaller side. But I'll make up for that by ordering an appetizer.

It's a cool room inside, too.

kmdisney

Narcoossee's is by far our favorite restaurant! We have our first dinner there every trip we take. We will be there again at the end of March and have our dinner set for the first night. You will not be disappointed with any choice you make from the menu. If you like cheesecake, I suggest the Almond Crusted Cheesecake. I have been craving it since my last trip!

Yzma

Have you considered Citricos? While I enjoyed Narcoossee's, I was absolutely blown away by Citricos.

I had one great CG experience and one AWFUL CG experience, so that evens out as just average.

DrummerAlly

We had a good experience here on our honeymoon in terms of service. We had a great server, personalized menus, timed meal for fireworks, etc. The food, however, was good but not amazing. For the prices (for us, two dining credits) we were expecting amazing. We also got an appetizer and two glasses of wine. Between the appetizer, wine, and tip we had a nearly $100 bill after the dining plan had been deducted. It was good - but not that good.

coachwnh

only negative dining experience we have ever had! EVER! we went for our anniversary. keep in mind, we are annual passholders and have eaten at numerous restaurants on property over the years. my wife ordered a special cake (was not what she ordered) our meals were messed up, the waiter was awful (again, only such experience we have had anywhere in WDW) we have yet to go back. as good as others have said it is there, i'm hoping this was just an off night for the place. at least the manager that night was great. when we were leaving, she asked how everything was. we were both upset. we said not so good and explained. she credited our card for the dinner and had the bakery call us. they also credited the cake. they couldnt apologize enough. chef, not so happy, but oh well. we are planning on going back to try it again during our christmas trip. lets hope for the best

flpropmgr

My wife and I ate there last spring for the first time. The food was good, with the potatoes au gratin the best I've ever had. Overall, though, this was not our best experience on this trip (Artist Point and Brown Derby stood out): the food was good, the service was okay (not my favorite server), the view of the firewooks was excellent, but little seemed truly exceptional. It may have been us, our mood that evening; but next time, I intend to try Citricos. If you've never been to Narcoossee's, though, I'd recommend trying it for yourself.

shmmrname

(We've only tried Narcoossee's and Citricos)

N: Was very good. We loved the appetizer (crabcake), and we both ended up getting what amounted to surf-and-turf. Neither one of us particularly like seafood, but it was a compromise to make us feel like we weren't being crazy. Overall, it was tasty and we had great service. The location is fun, and it was one of the quieter meals we had on our trip.

C: Was very good. We went with another couple. It was much brighter, airier in the dining room. The food was great, though I didn't try anything risky. It felt 'fancier' than at N, also I liked the setting more. However, N has the water...

Fla_Purls

My husband and I love love love Narcoosee's. Probably our favorite signature restaurant, second only to California Grill. Even then it is a very close second. Service has always been excellent, the food is always incredible, and you get a great view for the fireworks, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom