Narcoossee or Flying Fish Cafe???

afavro24

Original Poster
Hello everyone, I will try to keep this brief. My wife and I will be celebrating our 1yr anniversary in Aug. I am try to decide between the two restaurants. I have heard great things about both. We are staying at OKW resort. Just looking for a nice atmosphere and good food. Let me know what you think, especially if you have been there. Thanks a ton!!

mickeysshoes

We have been to both and really liked both of them. I would say it would depend on a couple of things. Narcoossee is more seafood (awesome main lobster) and Flying Fish is more fish less seafood. The second thing to think about is what do you want to do before/after dinner. Narcoossee is at the GF and your a hop way from the MK and Flying Fish is at the Boardwalk where you can take a nice stroll and hit some clubs or hop over to Epcot. So keep that in mind when choosing your resturant. You really cant go wrong with either. Both location helped us celebrate our anniversy (18th) with special keepsake menus and champagne. We will visting both on our trip in 62 days.

zurgandfriend

As the previous poster said both are great and you will get a great meal at either. You can get a Maine lobster at Narcossee’s you can’t at Flying Fish. Coming from New England that’s not a big deal to me but it is to some. I thought Narcoosee’s was somewhat noisy inside. Again as the previous poster said I would base it on where you want to go after dinner Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Enjoy!

MouseearsDeb

Our recent visit to Narcoossee's was our worst dining experience out of the whole lot. Our server, thought it necessary to suggest that we should take DS8 back to our hotel to rest a bit before going on to MK. If she hadn't already asked if this was our first trip, I could understand making the suggestion(he looked a little tired). But, we've been there numerous times and had just come from the hotel. She continued to be overly chatty and in my opinion rather rude. Myself and DH decided on the surf & turf, DS18 the whole lobster. The lobster was delicious but the steak not so much. Both me and DH suffered the consequence later. :zipit: We were on the dining plan, which I know is rather controversial. When it came time to 'settle our bill', she brought it out like usual. We normally leave a cash tip so when she came back for the room card she told DH she was 'confused' because I hadn't circled which of the two tips she would be recieving. Rude much? We ended up still leaving over a $40 tip which honestly we felt was not deserved. By this time we were ready to leave (over 2hrs already in rest.). Hopefully, it was a wrong place, wrong time situation. But, we've already decided we will not be going back anytime soon. Our best dining experience, Ohana's. WOW!!!

afavro24

Original Poster
I just googled the topic a few times and found that people were rather disappointed with narcoossee's as of late. I am also from the New England area so the lobster is not as much of a treat for me either. I think I will check out Flying Fish. That seems to be a favorite among most people. Thanks for all the help!!

mickeysshoes

I just googled the topic a few times and found that people were rather disappointed with narcoossee's as of late. I am also from the New England area so the lobster is not as much of a treat for me either. I think I will check out Flying Fish. That seems to be a favorite among most people. Thanks for all the help!!

WOW...i sure hope Narcoossees had not gotten to be a bad choice. We were there 8/2009 (was not pleased with beer selection) and are going back 8/2010. I will let everyone know how it was. Lobster is not the special to me (in VA) my DH cooks them for me all the time..but very nice not to have to cook and clean up after it is why I love it!!! :)

afavro24

Original Poster
I am not sure what has happened. I have never been to either restaurant, but flying fish seems to get the nod every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom