Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by sm57co, Sep 6, 2016.
Well, shoot... There goes my nefarious plan to embarrass my wife!
Oh man, if Scott Steiner ever hears about this, it could be trouble...
Just some words of caution:
While you can personalize the names inside of your MB to just about anything, Disney does have filters in place that will not allow inappropriate terms or words. From what I understand, you will not be notified when you customize the MBs. You just will never receive them. You will call the help desk (wondering where your MBs are), where the CM can actually can see the names that are inside your MagicBands. Could potentially be embarrassing!
Side note: Apparently "stupid" is not one of those inappropriate words. A friend received her MB order and the blue one that should have read "Josh" instead read "Stupid". After a call to Disney and some detective work, she found out her oldest son was the culprit. Disney sent him a new band.
I use my username plus the year of the visit... like this...
I try to use my username, but I have to shorten it so much it looks like this: PNPLPRNCS. I like it anyway!
I usually put something about the trip (time of year, something we are celebrating) on mine, so it becomes a souvenier. ..like:
Apparent the name "Kid Mildew" is just fine with Disney. That is why my middle daughter choose for our trip list week. Strange kids.
You're more than welcome to put whatever name you want. Some people prefer not to use real names, especially for their children.
I'm right there with you. Hopefully, I'll have those additional letters on my 2018 band. Good luck!
That's a really cool idea. I like it!
It does work really well. For this upcoming trip it will be "MMV112217".
That's classic. Love modern technology.
I think I will be stealing your idea going forward! Thanks again!
For our 1 yr wedding anniversary trip I put our nicknames for each other on them...
You know they say that all Disney Parks are created equal, but you look at Magic Kingdom and you look at Hollywood Studios and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with a Disney Park, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Magic Kingdom is a genetic freak and its not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat it. Then you add Epcot to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at WDW, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but Magic Kingdom, Magic Kingdom got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Epcot KNOWS it can't beat the Magic Kingdom and its not even gonna try!
So Hollywood Studio, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus the Magic Kingdom 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at WDW. But then you take te Kingdoms 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at WDW. See Studios, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at WDW.
So the new magic bands you can take the center out and swap them around so your band is 2 colors right? I am ordering my magic bands with that in mind.....that means if I want a purple band with a red center I have to order the red band and my daughter the purple because the center disk is what is tied to your account....I am pretty sure I have that right.
SO does anyone know if you put a name is it on the back of that center disk or on the back of the band?
The name is on the removable icon (aka puck).
To answer the first part, yes, you can get 2 bands to swap so you have 2 colors on your bands. And you are right, the red band for you and purple for your daughter to get it the way you want.
Separate names with a comma.