Names on Magic Bands

Cammie

Just some words of caution:

While you can personalize the names inside of your MB to just about anything, Disney does have filters in place that will not allow inappropriate terms or words. From what I understand, you will not be notified when you customize the MBs. You just will never receive them. You will call the help desk (wondering where your MBs are), where the CM can actually can see the names that are inside your MagicBands. Could potentially be embarrassing!

Side note: Apparently "stupid" is not one of those inappropriate words. A friend received her MB order and the blue one that should have read "Josh" instead read "Stupid". After a call to Disney and some detective work, she found out her oldest son was the culprit. Disney sent him a new band.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I use my username plus the year of the visit... like this...
16 MagicBand.jpg

Minnie1986

This may be the stupidest question in the history of this website but when I order my MagicBands, can I put any name down that I like? I was going to put each of my family as someone from the Incredibles then I thought, man that would be horrible if I ruined my vacation due to some credit fraud or something that was tied back to the hotel, etc ...

Sincerely,
Bob Parr
You're more than welcome to put whatever name you want. Some people prefer not to use real names, especially for their children.

Minnie1986

My trip is in December, and I have until around November 11th to commit to a name. I'm holding off until the last minute, hoping I can put "Dr. Dylan", but I have to wait to see if I'll be able to schedule my dissertation defense in November or not! Lots more writing to do, but believe it or not, the thought of Dr. Dylan on my Magic Band (and maybe matching t-shirt and Mickey ears) is keeping me motivated.
I'm right there with you. Hopefully, I'll have those additional letters on my 2018 band. Good luck!

Uncle Lupe

Just some words of caution:

While you can personalize the names inside of your MB to just about anything, Disney does have filters in place that will not allow inappropriate terms or words. From what I understand, you will not be notified when you customize the MBs. You just will never receive them. You will call the help desk (wondering where your MBs are), where the CM can actually can see the names that are inside your MagicBands. Could potentially be embarrassing!

Side note: Apparently "stupid" is not one of those inappropriate words. A friend received her MB order and the blue one that should have read "Josh" instead read "Stupid". After a call to Disney and some detective work, she found out her oldest son was the culprit. Disney sent him a new band.
That's classic. Love modern technology.

EngineerMom

So the new magic bands you can take the center out and swap them around so your band is 2 colors right? I am ordering my magic bands with that in mind.....that means if I want a purple band with a red center I have to order the red band and my daughter the purple because the center disk is what is tied to your account....I am pretty sure I have that right.

SO does anyone know if you put a name is it on the back of that center disk or on the back of the band?
Thanks

JaxFLBear

So the new magic bands you can take the center out and swap them around so your band is 2 colors right? I am ordering my magic bands with that in mind.....that means if I want a purple band with a red center I have to order the red band and my daughter the purple because the center disk is what is tied to your account....I am pretty sure I have that right.

SO does anyone know if you put a name is it on the back of that center disk or on the back of the band?
Thanks
The name is on the removable icon (aka puck).

correcaminos

Thanks
To answer the first part, yes, you can get 2 bands to swap so you have 2 colors on your bands. And you are right, the red band for you and purple for your daughter to get it the way you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom