Name your "Magic Moment" (When do you know you are living the Magic?)

goofykt

luvlifeinfl;3582235 quote said:
I do a cover for it, with dates. I then build all my itinery stuff in from resort resevervation letter, to ADR , to parks. I then insert park maps and all other stuff we gather from being at Disney, like our KTTW.

You sound just like me! I'm pretty sick though...I just printed a chart for my folder that I made on excel. It lists the magic hours, park the magic hours are for, and our restaurant reservations and times for each day we're there (I plan our dinners around the magic hours, for the most part). I can take it out of the folder and stick it in my bag, and that way we won't get to the parks and wonder "now what time are our reservations today???" and have to go back to the room/search through a million printouts/call the Dining number.

We schedule some meals because you have to in order to get in, but I don't schedule our entire trip down to the minute because we like to park hop and go wherever we feel...BUT... I do love meticulously organizing everything related to our trip because it helps satisfy my Disney cravings and pass the time without going crazy from Disney fever!!!

JiminyandTink

1) Boarding your Magical Express Bus (then arriving at your resort)

2) Walking into your room and dropping your bags for the fist time (and finding something neat from the CM, like a towel animal or something)

3) Exploring the grounds of your resort

4) Boarding your first bus to the parks

5) Entering Main Street (seeing the Castle)

Those are usually my first 5 of many moments that let me know I'm living the magic.

pcarathers

For me, it's the minute we pull out of our driveway! Just knowing we are headed to WDW is enough......we just got back in May and are already planning our Dec 2010 trip. Once we get to Orlando and pass thru the WDW gate with Mickey and Donald, etc....we're there!!!! and when we FINALLY get checked in to our resort!!!!!! Chef Mickey's is ALWAYS our first night tradition and then riding the monorail to MK to see Wishes and Spectro!!!!!! :cry: I'm choking up just writing this!!!!lol........:ROFLOL:

zurgandfriend

Getting on the monorail and hearing the words "Welcome Aboard....."

Mine is very simular, when I hear;

"por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"

I know I'm living the magic. My son found a monorail website that when you enter you hear the Monorail recording of "Please stand clear of the doors por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas" sometimes we go to that site for a little shot of magic.

* The smell of the popcorn
* Spectromagic music
* Taking a stroll with my wife around Epcot (because it's a quieter more relaxed pace than the other parks)

My family are huge road trippers so it was always driving under the Walt Disney World sign that made me teary eyed and so excited, followed closely by walking down main street in the Magic Kingdom. (always our first stop!) This past time my husband and I went on our honeymoon and flew so I would have to add the excitement of following the trail of cast members through the airport to get on the magical express. It felt like a treasure hunt with a GIANT reward at the end. :)

Unomas

On my first trip to Disney World. Turning that corner onto Main Street USA. The marching band was coming down the street, as was the horse/carriage. My dad nearly got trampled by the horse trying to video tape it all. It was breathtakingly magical. I'll never forget it. We were hooked.

mrksmpsn

Most Magical Moment

Riding the monorail at the airport--Disney here we come!
Checking into the Beach Club--we are now part of the magic for a few days!
Getting through the turnstiles to enter any of the parks--we are go for the day!
The Candlelight Processional
The Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Epcot
The Cincerella Castle Lighting Ceremony during the Christmas Holidays

Leianne

Well, riding the tram at MCO is the first "OMG We're at Disney!" moment...
but as for magical, I'd have to say riding the monorail or entering the park for the first time!

omg! we get excited for the monorail at MCO as well!! :ROFLOL:
We go to Orlando several times a year, and dont always make it to disney, but the monorail is something we always look forward to!

I always know I am in the magic when we pass underneath the welcome sign. My mom and sister always look at each other to see how long after the sign has come into view that I will scream: "Were heeeeeere!!!"

Another magical moment has recently become very special to me as well. My boyfriend and I have taken a couple of trips to the World together now, and there is nothing more magical to me than walking slowly around the Board Walk at night with him :)

diddy_mouse

Getting in the towncar at MCO and seeing the attraction billboards off I-4 or RT 417...pulling up to either POFQ or the WL and stepping into the lobby, feeling the rush of A/C and that fantastic smell that lobbies have...riding the monorail over to the MK...riding Pirates...watching Wishes with my husband...and finally, walking into Epcot's entrance plaza and being enveloped by my favorite music in all of the parks (which I am listening to right now.)

*sigh* :eek:

EnchantedRose

I've been to the World 4 times. The last time (March 09') was our first official Family Vacation with our son (17 months at the time) & the most Magical thing was seeing my son see Mickey Mouse for the first time! Nothing can top the look on his face...it was priceless!! I cried!:cry: Of course...other things made the list: The CM that gave him a Toy Story Souvenir Cup because he ate all his pizza @ Pizza Planet! Walking into Magic Kingdom & walking down Main Street & showing Mikey (DS) Cinderella Castle! Our First Family Picture in from of the Castle! Seeing him hold Cinderella's hand...and the look of awe on his face he even hugged her! & seeing Mikey watch the Disney Playhouse show in DHS! WOW...his reaction when he heard Toddles! We are going back to Disney 9/26 - 10/3 to celebrate his 2nd Birthday & I cannot wait to see how he reacts now that he'll be a bit older!

seast119

I have several too!
*Getting in the car knowing we are destined for Disney after a long night of not being able to sleep a wink!
*After riding in the car for about 9 hours we begin to see billboards with funny Disney trivia like " What does a spoonful of sugar do?
*Seeing the Walt Disney World welcome sign and hearing my kid's scream with excitement!
*Seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time!
*Watching Wishes and looking at my children's face by the light of the fireworks!
*Watching Illuminations and crying as the song "We Go On" plays as we leave Epcot!
*(I know this may sound gross but..) I love smelling the musty smell when you ride the water rides!
*Getting into our resort room and jumping on the bed!
P.S. We leave for the World in 2 days!!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom