Name Tags...

Maria

Tyler, if it helps a little, I just noticed my nametags are almost all beige now... I have them all hanging on an apron from Food and Wine in front of a window! duh! :(

What an idiot whoever didn´t want to give you a new nametag to correct the wrong one! That´s how I got many! They were not really wrong, but I kept changing things... hehe ;)

Here is another pin I wore sometime while working GR at MillVill. I was offered money sooo many times for this one! :animwink: I would never get rid of it cause ít´s probably the only one with the mexican flag! I was the only mexican there!

Attachments

• trivia 009.jpg
    trivia 009.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 115

Dizknee_Phreek

Hey, epc0t...i was going to ask you this in a pm, but i noticed that there are no pm buttons on you messages...but i was just curious...where in Epcot do you work, and how long have you worked there?
welcome to the boards, btw! :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Re: Option?

Originally posted by Timekeeper
Is "Timekeeper" an option from the list that CMs get to choose from?

If not, I need to start writing some letters.

it isn't.. but in all fairness, it was never that popular of an attraction...

but then again, with some of the choices they offered, I would've rather have had that than say... Disney Golf. Disney has great courses and whatnot.. but I don't think I personally know anyone who would have chosen that as their magical memory

RobFL

Account Suspended
One of the guys i work with is actually a Golf Pro and might of chosen it, but he went with Eeyore instead.

-Rob

monorail256

I think you can buy the "Guest of Honor" pins still at MGM. They come either with Pooh, Tigger, or Mickey ... I think. Below is a picture of mine (my old avatar)

Attachments

• cmavatarryan.gif
    cmavatarryan.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 88

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by Maria

Here is another pin I wore sometime while working GR at MillVill. I was offered money sooo many times for this one! :animwink: I would never get rid of it cause ít´s probably the only one with the mexican flag! I was the only mexican there!

Oh my gosh, you are sooo lucky to have that pin! That is a very sought after pin, actually, the pin "sharks" would die to trade for that.... lol. That pin is too cool.... :animwink:

Invero

Originally posted by Maria
Tyler, if it helps a little, I just noticed my nametags are almost all beige now... I have them all hanging on an apron from Food and Wine in front of a window! duh! :(

What an idiot whoever didn´t want to give you a new nametag to correct the wrong one! That´s how I got many! They were not really wrong, but I kept changing things... hehe ;)

I was new, didn't know how to go back to Engraving... (of course we can't do that anymore... technically...)

Since then, I've gotten tons of name tags... and usually the first of the batch they've mispelled my name again... Who's name would be TLYER????? But now I have a bunch. I also have a few "pen-names" so to speak... In case an alternate personality should want to take over... LOL

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by monorail256
I think you can buy the "Guest of Honor" pins still at MGM. They come either with Pooh, Tigger, or Mickey ... I think. Below is a picture of mine (my old avatar)

I have learned that the current designs of the Guest of Honor badges have been discontinued. They will be coming out with new ones in the near future. (At least in my area) By the way, you forgot that you can have your GoH with Minnie as well. (NEVER. FORGET. THAT.)

I'm not really fond with those badges. Before I came a CM, tourists would begin asking questions as if I worked there. Very annoying.

As for the Disney Memory name tags, I enjoy them. It's fun to look for the most uncommon Disney memory, Like "Disney Steam Trains" or "Disney Lunch Box". My magical memory is Minnie Mouse. I'm kind of like pin trading as well, so I could only choose one obviously.

I can probably tell those that got Walt Disney World either don't care about WDW or couldn't pick anything they liked on the list.

BTW, why is "Zip A Dee Doo Dah" a name choice? They can't say "Song of the South"?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
I was new, didn't know how to go back to Engraving... (of course we can't do that anymore... technically...)

oh the joys of having my own outlook account. I just order them from there, drive down to central and pick them up. Of course, i'm not one to abuse this... it's just a nice little perk

Maria

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988

Oh my gosh, you are sooo lucky to have that pin! That is a very sought after pin, actually, the pin "sharks" would die to trade for that.... lol. That pin is too cool.... :animwink:

Yeah... I think they started making them after so many people offered money to the MillVill cast members for them! They made a few ones of only the globe that says MillVill, but without the flags. To be honest with you, it didn´t look too good without the flag part. I was the only one with the mexican flag so I felt special! hehe :animwink:

cm1988

Discount available fore you

Originally posted by mktiggerman

...Disney has great courses and whatnot.. but I don't think I personally know anyone who would have chosen that as their magical memory
In addition to the golf pros, starters, course maintenance, golf event sales, merchandise and foods cast... and their associates in sports and recreation across property, there's all those cast members who enjoy the special rates at the five and a half courses.

It would be interesting to have the stats on how many cast members chose each magical memory.

From what I can tell, the most popular are the theme parks and "Wonderful World of Disney" (or is it "Wonderful World of Color") Whatever!

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by monorail256

I have one like that but where yours says Walt Disney World mine says the city and state I live in.

mkt

Premium Member
100 years of Magic Nametag Choices

here are the choices which were available to put on nametags:

101 Dalmatians
1964 World's Fair
Absent-Minded Professor
Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland
American Adventure
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Carousel of Progress
Chip and Dale
Cinderella
Cinderella Castle
Country Bear Jamboree
Davy Crockett
Disney Cruise Line
Disney Fireworks
Disney Golf
Disney Lunch Box
Disney On Parade
Disney Resorts
Disney TV Specials
Disney Water Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disneyland
Disneyland Opening
Disneyland Paris
Disney-MGM Studios
Donald Duck
DuckTales
Dumbo
Eeyore
Enchanted Tiki Birds
Epcot
Escape to Witch Mountain
Fantasia
Fun and Fancy Free
Goofy
Great Mouse Detective
Haunted Mansion
Herbie the Love Bug
Hercules
Huey, Dewey and Louie
Hunchback of Notre Dame
It's A Small World
Jiminy Cricket
Jungle Cruise
Lady and the Tramp
Little Mermaid
Magic Kingdom
Main Street, U.S.A.
Make Mine Music
Mary Poppins
Melody Time
Mickey Mouse
Mickey Mouse Club
Mickey Mouse Watch
Minnie Mouse
Mulan
Old Yeller
Peter Pan
Pete's Dragon
Piglet
Pinocchio
Pirates of the Caribbean
Pluto
Pocahontas
Pollyanna
Robin Hood
Saludos Amigos
Scrooge McDuck
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Space Mountain
Spaceship Earth
Spin and Marty
Swiss Family Robinson
The Apple Dumpling Gang
The Aristocats
The Disney Channel
The Fox and the Hound
The Jungle Book
The Lion King
The Mouse Factory
The Parent Trap
The Rescuers
The gy Dog
The Sword In the Stone
The Three Caballeros
The Three Little Pigs
Tigger
Tinker Bell
Tokyo Disneyland
Toy Story
Treasure Island
True Life Adventures
Walt Disney Comics
Winnie the Pooh
Wonderful World of Disney
Zip A Dee Do Dah
Zorro TV Show

Quentin Disney

Re: 100 years of Magic Nametag Choices

Originally posted by mktiggerman
here are the choices which were available to put on nametags:

The list

Forgot to see that on the portal. Anyway, why is "Disney Pin Trading" not on this list? I mean it is one of Disney's most profitable ventures ever and they don't have it as a magical memory?

SHAME.

:brick:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Does DIsney care if you wear a tag with a fake name?

nope...

"Hi! I'm Alganesh!"

"Hi! It's spelled Jacob, but it's pronounced 'Rob.' The 'J' and 'A' are silent, and the C is pronounced like an 'R.'

"Yes, I am Glonekia. My parents survived Woodstock"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom