Name Tags...

Legacy

Original Poster
Okay, I spent a lot of time out at Disney this week, and I noticed something with the name tags. Before at the bottom of it it had what city you were from. Now, instead they have the names of disney characters and attractions. What is with this and what do the names symbolize? I prefered the city because then you could almost always find somebody from your town and talk to them about life there. It really made the experience better. Now, you cant tell unless you know them...

Invero

It's supposed to be our Favorite Disney Memory, in order to commemorate Walt's 100th Birthday. However, they gave us a small list of memories that we could select from, and there were MANY Disney things omitted from the list. So there are some of us who don't have what we really wanted. :(

Legacy

Original Poster
Thats a nice idea... but I dont like it. Especially since no one really understands what it means...

Maria

Originally posted by Kicker
Thats a nice idea... but I dont like it. Especially since no one really understands what it means...

I totally agree with you, and hope they go back to the cities once 100 YOM finishes.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Sigh.. I cheated. I had my friend cut mine with my 'REAL' favorite Disney Memory.. the MSEP. Long name though... it went from one end of the nametag to the other. I also have the one I had to pick, Ducktales.

figmentmom

I have always enjoyed looking at people's nametags and talking to them about where they're from (and what brought them to Disney!) Hope they go back to the hometown idea.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Maria

I totally agree with you, and hope they go back to the cities once 100 YOM finishes.

Me to.....when I bought my watch on main street....at Uptown Jewlers.....The CM was from Milwaukee/Kenosha, WI. area...and I seen his name tag....and he asked to see my Drivers License (cause I have "see drivers license" written in the sig part on all my cards)...and he said..."OH! you are from Wisconsin to"....turns out he lived near kenosha like I used to...and we had a great conversation..as he adjusted my new watch:D

mkt

Premium Member
Re: ????

Originally posted by RonR3
MSEP = ??? I do not understand that one.

Main Street Electrical Parade

it wasn't an option.. but I still got it

epc0t

I, too, am not a big fan of the 100 Years nametags. I picked “Epcot” for my magical moment, because I’ve got a little “thing” for Epcot. :) I also worked at Epcot. This ended up causing nothing but problems though, and the average guest encounter went something like this:

Guest: Hi there – looks like you’re from… Epcot???

Me: No ma’am – as we celebrate 100 Years of Magic, all cast members now display their favorite magical moment on their nametag. My favorite magical moment is “Epcot”.

Guest: But you work here at Epcot.

Me: Yes, that’s true.

Guest: That’s really original.

Me: (A tear rolls down my cheek) Can I help you with anything else?

Guest: How do we get to that dinosaur ride near the ball?

Heh. You may laugh – but it’s the truth! Perhaps the magical moment concept would have worked if they had done a better job of explaining it to the guests, or maybe incorporating the city/state AND the magical moment. Oh well – only a few months left.

-epc0t

cm1988

Ready to switch back

It was an interesting change for a while, but somehow casual conversations are easier to start with "oh, you're from...?" than "oh, you're a fan of Escape from Witch Mountain?":veryconfu

RobFL

Account Suspended
I dunno..

I'm luckey! Mine is Spaceship Earth, which most tourists have no comprehension of as an actual name of an attraction - so it never comes up. Besides, i'd get sick of having conversations about Tampa, FL with all the not-quite-real-tourists.

-Rob

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by mktiggerman
Sigh.. I cheated. I had my friend cut mine with my 'REAL' favorite Disney Memory.. the MSEP. Long name though... it went from one end of the nametag to the other. I also have the one I had to pick, Ducktales.

Could you post a picture of it. I would like to see what they look like.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Could you post a picture of it. I would like to see what they look like.

sigh.. no scanner. Can any other CM's help out here?

Legacy

Original Poster
They have a picture in the current guide maps. The CM's name is Jennifer and her 'memory' is Cinderella. Thats the easiest way I can think of looking-wise.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Hate to break it to you, but if you are really that obsessed with what our name tags look like, you need therapy.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom