Name one Disney attraction you miss so much it hurts

Disstevefan1

Definitely the Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios. I still remember accidently turning around the corner with my sister and stumbling onto the lights by accident. I just stood there for hours taking it all in.

One of my most magical experiences at Disney, for sure.

AGREED! Although I loved Horizons, see my icon <<<< I loved the Osborne Lights!! Being seasonal it was the ONE thing I looked forward to every year! I also loved the way the added new lights and effects each year!!

danyoung56

Are they still running it? Last time I went, clearly not paying attention to some sign that must have been there, I found myself in a Beauty and the Beast sing along. Imagine my surprise. My most missed attraction that comes to mind is Flights of Wonder.

B&tB runs most of the day, with Impressions de France running during the last hour or so before fireworks.

NickMaio

For me it’s Spectromagic, not only because of the awesome creative units and the music that shook the ground and went right thru you and could make a grown man choke up but. Spectromagic has been there thru every stage of my life and probably seen it with almost every family member and closest friend I have ever had. It’s also my first ever Disney memory and for me is that tied all the feeling and emotions I had for the Magic Kingdom together. It was the highlight of my day and the one part of the day I could enjoy and wind down to at the same time. Nothing could beat hearing Jimminy Crickets voice over the speaker giving you that warm feeling you may get around Christmas time seeing the decorations and hearing the music. Spectromagic delivered that feel at least for me and I think I can say many others.
I also miss illuminations as well, it really had a strong presence in the World Showcase. I’ll take any of the 4 versions back.
HORIZONS.......It was kinda a big deal for me growing up.
I can still smell the oranges.......
Still talk about it with my wife and little guy.

Honestly I give credit to Horizons and Epcot for my love of learning and becoming a teacher.
As a child I learned more during a week at WDW than a school year sometimes. Interactive hands on learning was not what I had in my formative education years.
Epcot was the bees knees for me. Vive le Horizons😆

Goofyernmost

20000 leagues under the sea. I rode this in 1974. I don't remember much about the ride itself, but going underwater was unbelievable. according to my parents i made them ride it 20 times.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but, I feel that you must be old enough now to know the truth. Are you sitting down? Ready? You never went under water it was just that windows were below the water line. But, I will agree with you I stood in line in the hot sun many a time because no matter how corny it was, I still enjoyed the concept and the ride itself. (and I was 35 years old when I first rode it.)

My wife, was traumatized when we rode over the lagoon in the skyway and saw it didn't actually dive. Myself, I marvel at the technology that Disney stuff has in buckets. The more I know about how things work the more magical it is for me. Others mileage may vary.

Bpmorley

I don't want to burst your bubble, but, I feel that you must be old enough now to know the truth. Are you sitting down? Ready? You never went under water it was just that windows were below the water line. But, I will agree with you I stood in line in the hot sun many a time because no matter how corny it was, I still enjoyed the concept and the ride itself. (and I was 35 years old when I first rode it.)

My wife, was traumatized when we rode over the lagoon in the skyway and saw it didn't actually dive. Myself, I marvel at the technology that Disney stuff has in buckets. The more I know about how things work the more magical it is for me. Others mileage may vary.
Oh no, my childhood was a lie. haha. Oh my god, the skyway. I remember that too. We were there twice in the 70s. I know I loved it both times. The first time I don't even remember where we stayed, i think my parent said it was just a holiday inn. And there was only the Magic Kingdom. The second time was 78, i think, and river country was the bomb. I think I would have rather been there for a week than the magic kingdom.

Kristamouse

Great a movie Ride...
Poohs Playful Spot *ducks for cover*
My first trip 2K was there but we didn’t ride it, It was closed. So I never had the experience...
As a Mom to 6 Mouseketeers it was nice haveing the play area for the kids to run around safe and out of the way.

Disney Crazed

This show isn't closed yet but I heard it is gonna be closed soon and I will miss it a lot. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I love how the water comes down in the beginning and makes you feel you are under the sea with Ariel and everybody else. The puppets are so cool. If it does go away I am gonna miss it.

ppete1975

optimism for the future in epcot…. a close second was the plussing and excitement.. esp in epcot but magic kingdom as well. When characters roamed, the double decker buses in world showcase.. THE TERRIFYING COSTUMED CHARACTERS IN EPCOT (ok they can stay gone), now I know due to crowds and stuff a lot of it was stopped but every corner there was movement and life... now there is stuff to see and the attention to detail is amazing... but the amount of cast doing things is way lower.
And keeping up with things, the monorails should be replaced on a schedule, space ship earth, energy and every ride should be constantly improved instead of letting them languish for decades. Im not saying redo classic rides constantly, but look at the ride in mexico when the animatronics showed up... wasn't announced it was just improved over night. If they can make an effect look better or brighter fix it, if an animatronic breaks or his face is melted, fix it. And no im not talking about yeti... I gave up on that.

N2dru

Not sure if someone mentioned it but World of Motion. Had a lot of animatronics and loved the theme music... The same for Horizons!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom