Mystic Manor video

MickeyPeace

Amazing. Mind blown. I didn't think Disney was capable of an attraction like this anymore. Original characters specific to a park, E ticket, cutting edge technology and perfect show lighting.

If TDO ever did something like this people would keel over in disbelief.

imagineer boy

I like it! Very impressive use of animatronics and special effects. Geez, how long has it been since I've seen an attraction like this from Disney that wasn't built at TDL? lol

I think my only nit-pick is that I wish it could be a little darker like the HM rides, but then again I know they were trying to be different as possible from those attractions.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I am *SO* going to get flamed for this but I'm totally un-impressed. Sorry...it just doesn't "do" it for me. Reminds me too much of the Haunted Mansion which is FAR superior to this. Sorry...I just don't "get it"

Maybe it's one of those things I'll have to experience for myself live.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I am *SO* going to get flamed for this but I'm totally un-impressed. Sorry...it just doesn't "do" it for me. Reminds me too much of the Haunted Mansion which is FAR superior to this. Sorry...I just don't "get it"

Maybe it's one of those things I'll have to experience for myself live.

Ok - so I watched the 2nd video (with the pre-show) and now that I know the 'story' behind the attraction, my dislike for it is less. It's "cute" I'll give it that...and it's going to be hugely popular. It's not something I would wait in line for more than 10 mintues for though...LOL

AllyInWonderland

Ok, so I rewatched this, and I LOVE the special effects but..... It just doesn't seem Disney. If this is their Haunted Mansion, I don't like it. What's the story behind it?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ok, so I rewatched this, and I LOVE the special effects but..... It just doesn't seem Disney. If this is their Haunted Mansion, I don't like it. What's the story behind it?

Watch the 2nd video with the pre-show it explains the story. I'm still not a big fan of this but I'm sure I'm in the minority

jaredliu

The asian loves Disney parks. So Disney could aim for the market segmentation. Tokyo already has a traditional Haunted Mansion which is really well kept. Shanghai has no HM so far as we know. Allowed HKDL to have a different species of HM is a noble move. Shanghai will has its new species of POTC with loads of latest special effects and HK will have none, while Japan will has the traditional old-fashioned one. HKDL holds no simulator while TDL has Star Tours 2.0 and Shanghai has Soarin 2.0. Meanwhile HKDL has marvel land and the best holloween makeup. I think this three resorts together forms a well-balanced triangle representing traditional Disney, latest Disney, and unique Disney.

MissAlmyra

Spectacular! The effects are gorgeous and it's nice to see several quality AA's in there. The finale was amazing, and the trackless ride system is always impressive. People are no doubt going to compare to The Haunted Mansion, but the theme and mood is so different that it's more like a distant cousin.

dxwwf3

I'm so jealous. It's everything I want in a new Disney attraction: an original, park specific, non-franchise story and characters, new ride technology (relatively new in this case), great effects, great animatronics, thrilling, but family friendly.

We used to get this type of stuff in WDW. Probably never again though, unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom