Mystic Manor at HKDL Video

GiveMeTheMusic

The Government of Hong Kong essentially demanded the expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland because they felt ripped off by the initial build out of the park.

The grand project for Disney's California Adventure was announced before Disney wanted in order to convince the City of Anaheim not to rezone portions of the Anaheim Resort District. Since then the Phase II has become largely forgotten.

There has been no grand infusion of cash into Walt Disney Studios Park. The Walt Disney Company purchased Euro Disney SCA's debt, but the debt situation needed massive changes and Disney had poked around other means of not being the ones to pay the cash up front.

I didn't say the motives were pure. It's just happened to work out that way, and right or wrong, they'll get credit for it.

While there's no big infusion for WDS (which it needs), Rat is not cheap. DLRP hasn't had that kind of a build in forever.

And HK was right to be ed - that park sucked the big one and Disney built it cheap on purpose.

DisneyWall-E

WOW!!! That is amazing. Why cant TDO build something like this?
I think if they tweak the story a bit and play up the artifacts from around the world this would be a ( I dare to use the word, perfect, but somehow I don't even think that word quite denotes what I am trying to say) ride for Animal Kingdom.
sorry if this has already been said.

Mad Stitch

I watched the video a second time and noticed something new. The Albert animatronic is wearing a fez at the start of the ride, but during the ride it gets blown away. When you return to the room with the Albert animatronic and the music box, the fez is gone. What great attention to detail.

With all of the projections I’m glad they didn’t make them 3D. It seems to be a trend with projection lately and I was getting tired of be handed 3D glasses at every newer attraction, especially at Universal.

Calvin Coolidge

I watched the video a second time and noticed something new. The Albert animatronic is wearing a fez at the start of the ride, but during the ride it gets blown away. When you return to the room with the Albert animatronic and the music box, the fez is gone. What great attention to detail.

Not to spoil the illusion...but that's not the same room

3928647203_a4a67f8cb1_b.jpg

Nmoody1

Imagination is written all over this - and let's face it, in its current form it needs some imagination. A park like Epcot should be embracing new ride technology - lets hope for a trackless high tech imagination some time around 2075 - in time for WDW's centenary,,,

Vader2112

That would be so cool if Little Mermaid used LPS, advanced audio-animatronics and groundbreaking special effects like featured on Mystic Manor...
Would be nice if they just hid several of the componets to the showpieces in VOTLM. What a disappointment.

Jones14

Not to spoil the illusion...but that's not the same room

3928647203_a4a67f8cb1_b.jpg
Honestly, that just makes it better. The fact that the rooms look exactly the same, especially being so detailed, plus the fact that the monkey's hat is consistent with the story just brings the ride up that much more in my appreciation of it. Is it the most ambitious ride ever built? Heck no. Is it a quality dark ride with innovative use of technology and no easily discernible flaws as far as I can tell? Absolutely. Bravo to everyone involved with this project.

SpectroMan93

For some reason, I think this would be a great fit in Adventureland. I've always felt that of the lands, it is the weakest attraction-wise (I think of Liberty Square as a mini-land, so it gets a pass) and Mystic Manor has that mystical, adventurous feel that would allow it to blend in well with the surrounding theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom