myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

GiggleGoddess

Once you get a MagicBand and it's linked to your MDE profile, it *should* work for most aspects of MM+ even after you leave the resort you got it for. The one aspect that it might not work for is as a room key at your second resort.

I have friends in WDW right now. The got Bands at Pop, and are able to book FP+ beyond the end of their hotel stay.

-Rob

Sweet, Thanks! I'll keep an eye on my account (until the Special Tickets Team fixes it so I can actually access the FP+ page).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I tried yesterday for our stay at BLT & AKV starting on 11/30 and while it initially gave me the page it then told me that no one on my reservation had dates within that range. Which to me just means I need to wait 15 days or so when we hit our 60 day mark. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

I'm within the 60 day mark now at BLT and still no magic bands or FP+ reservation option. I haven't heard of anyone staying in November who has gotten access yet. I am assuming that if they don't make the option available by the end of September for November stays that it won't happen. We'll know for sure in a week or so.

stevehousse

I'm within the 60 day mark now at BLT and still no magic bands or FP+ reservation option. I haven't heard of anyone staying in November who has gotten access yet. I am assuming that if they don't make the option available by the end of September for November stays that it won't happen. We'll know for sure in a week or so.

I know the program initially was suppose to let you do this at 60 days out, however during all the testing, it has been closer to 30 days or less before people have been able to access it! I'm at 50 days for our November trip and still nothin yet! I wonder if this is for testing only or if thy might actually change the dates to 30 days out for MB and FP+???

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know the program initially was suppose to let you do this at 60 days out, however during all the testing, it has been closer to 30 days or less before people have been able to access it! I'm at 50 days for our November trip and still nothin yet! I wonder if this is for testing only or if thy might actually change the dates to 30 days out for MB and FP+???

Could be. They seem to be opening whole months at a time so if November is going to happen the 30 day mark will be very soon. Some rumors were saying no more testing until January, but that makes little sense unless there were problems that need to be addressed before roll out which I haven't really heard many.

ExtinctJenn

Could be. They seem to be opening whole months at a time so if November is going to happen the 30 day mark will be very soon. Some rumors were saying no more testing until January, but that makes little sense unless there were problems that need to be addressed before roll out which I haven't really heard many.
Also contradicts the fact that the main site still continues to pop up and say "When My Magic+ goes live later this year."

Pop-Up Text:
Ready for a New Kind of Magic?
Whether you’re a participant in the MyMagic+ test or are planning your upcoming Disney vacation, please take a moment to get the most of My Disney Experience.

Get started by adding the people you travel with to your Family & Friends list, and then link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year.

1. Create Your Family & Friends List
  2. Link Your Disney Resort Reservation and Theme Park Tickets
Even if you're not participating in the MyMagic+ test, you can still continue to enjoy all the perks available from the current FASTPASS service.

Learn More About FastPass+

Last edited:

jkl2000

Have a question:

I have our magic bands, but as I understand it we will also get KTTW cards at check-in, and can currently still use these for paper fastpasses. To get paper fastpasses, do you put the KTTW card into a reader of some sort, or do you just show it to a CM to get a paper fastpass? If you put it into a reader, does the card have a magnetic strip? I've seen where people have said they give you an rfid enabled card, but that makes it sound like you'd still hold it up to one of the scanners that read the magic bands. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what kind of card you get, and what are the mechanics of getting paper fastpasses.

Because I've never been to WDW when they had Fastpasses, and I've never even seen one of the paper Fastpass dispensers, I'm a little unclear on this. I don't expect to need to use it a lot, but probably at least a few times.

ExtinctJenn

Have a question:

I have our magic bands, but as I understand it we will also get KTTW cards at check-in, and can currently still use these for paper fastpasses. To get paper fastpasses, do you put the KTTW card into a reader of some sort, or do you just show it to a CM to get a paper fastpass? If you put it into a reader, does the card have a magnetic strip? I've seen where people have said they give you an rfid enabled card, but that makes it sound like you'd still hold it up to one of the scanners that read the magic bands. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what kind of card you get, and what are the mechanics of getting paper fastpasses.

Because I've never been to WDW when they had Fastpasses, and I've never even seen one of the paper Fastpass dispensers, I'm a little unclear on this. I don't expect to need to use it a lot, but probably at least a few times.
Well ok so first answer is TECHNICALLY you aren't supposed to be able to do FP+ and paper FPs together but during this test time it's letting folks. In other words, don't count on it 100% because they could stop that overlap at any time.

Second answer is yes, you insert your KTTW card into the FP machine and it spits it back out. Below your paper FP is printed for you. This is true no matter the type of ticket you have (KTTW, Paper Ticket, Annual Pass, etc.).

jheltz27

Checking in on 11/30 and just got to customize our MBs last night. Still no FP+ but I was amazed at how deep it let me get thru the process before kicking me out. I chose the option where it would choose the passes for you. No thanks on that choice. I don't really need a FP for Maelstrom.

ExtinctJenn

Just an update on the December side of things. We arrive 12/2 and I was able to do online check-in today. As of right now I am not able to select FP+ and still see KTTW cards in place of Magic Bands. I've seen a lot of November travelers (including @jheltz27 directly above this post who might as well be December lol) that have been able to so I'm hoping any day now it'll suddenly work for us too. Fingers crossed! :)

Just an update on the December side of things. We arrive 12/2 and I was able to do online check-in today. As of right now I am not able to select FP+ and still see KTTW cards in place of Magic Bands. I've seen a lot of November travelers (including @jheltz27 directly above this post who might as well be December lol) that have been able to so I'm hoping any day now it'll suddenly work for us too. Fingers crossed! :)

Let me know how your situation works out. We are traveling in January and rumor is the bands will roll out 12/1. if that is the case your trip would be part of it, so I am curious how the whole thing will play out

ExtinctJenn

Let me know how your situation works out. We are traveling in January and rumor is the bands will roll out 12/1. if that is the case your trip would be part of it, so I am curious how the whole thing will play out
I just read an article another site posted saying testing officially ends 11/30 and full roll out begins 12/31. I'm hoping that doesn't mean if you arrive in December you're on the old system. I posted up a specific December thread in this section as well to sort of track separately from this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom