MyMagic+ MagicBands to begin testing in parks soon

Rob562

All the old turnstile are not gone. If you still have an older ticket you will be directed to the older turnstile the IPod in the picture is the back up system if there is a problem with the RFID

I also found it interesting that they refer to the CMs and their "white gloved hands" when it's obvious that the CM in the picture is wearing cold-weather gloves. The CMs aren't going to be wearing them year round (and thus giving "white glove treatment" which is what the author was trying to imply, and those are certainly not the kind of white gloves worn in a "white glove treatment" kind of situation).

Well, unless the CM is going to be wearing white Mickey gloves... ;)

-Rob

pjammer

I also found it interesting that they refer to the CMs and their "white gloved hands" when it's obvious that the CM in the picture is wearing cold-weather gloves. The CMs aren't going to be wearing them year round (and thus giving "white glove treatment" which is what the author was trying to imply, and those are certainly not the kind of white gloves worn in a "white glove treatment" kind of situation).

-Rob
I thought the same thing when I read that. Lol.

flynnibus

Premium Member

-Rob

exactly why you don't goto an apple site for your disney news :)

GrumpyFan

I just saw that myself. So why are they testing this iPod scanner when they have the RFID globes? Is it a backup system?

Mobility. If they can put several of these in CMs hands, it reduces the time it takes to enter the park, making it easier and more enjoyable for guests, especially those with strollers, wheel chairs or others who might need special access help.

My only question in all this, is how do they stop someone from entering the park, if they manage to sneak past the turnstiles or scanners? I guess, they could restrict them from riding or going on attractions, if they have scanners in the line, but from what I've seen they're not doing this, they're only doing it for FP+. Which means, it could be possible for somebody to sneak in to the park(s). Surely they have a plan to address this, I just haven't seen anything about it.

JLipnick

we were at AK in January and half of the entrance was the turnstiles and the other half was the new FP+ entrance. they had a sign that said resort guests to the new entrance so we did. however, we had annual passes so we still had our regular tickets. they scanned with the ipod (and i believe the cm had white gloves on even though it was not cold) and we were let in. the other parks had the same thing with the resort guests to the new entrance but they told us since we had APs, we had to use the old entrance. it took probably 10 times as long to get in the old way. i am really looking forward to June when we go and hopefully have the new magic bands.

disneygirl1

When we were there in December, we got to use the new scanner with the Mickey head turnsile at DHS and they did the ipad scanner at MK! Pretty neat! We are heading back to the world in May and I am actually kind of hoping we get to test the magic bands when we are there. Does anyone have any idea what resort or resorts are currently testing the magic bands if any?

WDWBryan

Just as a test I walked up to the Rfid readers with my annual pass was directed to a guy with a barcode reader he scanned my ticket asked for ID and let me in. Simple.

RonAnnArbor

Same here this entire past week-- they are using the barcode scanners to speed up entry through the old turnstiles for season passholders and paper ticket holders until all of those are eventually replaced with RFID cards...it allows them to quickly jump from turnstile to turnstile where backlogs start to jam things up to speed up the process...

cgulls

If someone was to buy a NEW Annual Pass now, would that be RFID-ready? Or would it be subject to the same issues as current AP holders?

cgulls

All APs are currently being issued on the old paper tickets.
For our upcoming trip, we bought park hopper passes. We dont have the physical tickets yet, so they'll be given to us when we arrive at the resort. So, when we check in to our WDW resort and get our KttW cards, those will be RFID enabled. (Right?) but say,after I get my KttW card, I take it to the park and upgrade the park hopper to an AP. they'll give me my new (paper) AP. What happens to the KttW card I'd just been given? Does it become deactivated? Or still active but only for room entry and not for entering the parks through the new turnstiles?

pjammer

For our upcoming trip, we bought park hopper passes. We dont have the physical tickets yet, so they'll be given to us when we arrive at the resort. So, when we check in to our WDW resort and get our KttW cards, those will be RFID enabled. (Right?) but say,after I get my KttW card, I take it to the park and upgrade the park hopper to an AP. they'll give me my new (paper) AP. What happens to the KttW card I'd just been given? Does it become deactivated? Or still active but only for room entry and not for entering the parks through the new turnstiles?
Your KTTW card will have your tickets on them then when upgrade the tickets will be pulled off and issued on a paper ticket for your AP. The KTTW will still be good for entering your room and charging/dining plan but you will have a seperate ticket to enter the parks. Although there was a report of someone getting their AP on a KTTW card the resorts are not technically allowed to do that. Eventually APs will be RFID enabled but just not at this time.

cgulls

Your KTTW card will have your tickets on them then when upgrade the tickets will be pulled off and issued on a paper ticket for your AP. The KTTW will still be good for entering your room and charging/dining plan but you will have a seperate ticket to enter the parks. Although there was a report of someone getting their AP on a KTTW card the resorts are not technically allowed to do that. Eventually APs will be RFID enabled but just not at this time.
Thanks. I guess that's what I figured. And based on how things are working at the moment, the only issue with my family having regular PHs and me having an AP would be the different turnstiles for park entry. Is that correct?

pjammer

Thanks. I guess that's what I figured. And based on how things are working at the moment, the only issue with my family having regular PHs and me having an AP would be the different turnstiles for park entry. Is that correct?
Yes but if you bring photo ID they will let you in with your family on the RFID entry side.

Drew Perry

my parents already have 2 days left on their tickets purchased a while back with the no expiration date on them. Anyways, I still need to purchase my ticket for 3 days, and they need to add one more day to their tickets. We are going to be staying at the Sheraton Vistana resorts, and were curious about the my magic band, and using that instead, but not sure how to get those from the tickets, unless like AAA or the disney store sells the bands

Thanks

pjammer

my parents already have 2 days left on their tickets purchased a while back with the no expiration date on them. Anyways, I still need to purchase my ticket for 3 days, and they need to add one more day to their tickets. We are going to be staying at the Sheraton Vistana resorts, and were curious about the my magic band, and using that instead, but not sure how to get those from the tickets, unless like AAA or the disney store sells the bands

Thanks
MagicBands are not available yet. Once testing begins they will be available for Disney Resort Guest and APs. Eventually offsite guest will be able to purchase the band. No dates have been confirmed when this will happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom