My WDW prediction

Disstevefan1

Original Poster
It's a very scary and uncertain time. In my attempt to stay positive, I made a WDW prediction to my family:

"We will be walking down Main Street USA on Dec. 6, 2020."

What is your WDW prediction for your family?

Pepper's Ghost

I predict that perhaps in Sept 2020 (if this virus miraculously goes away), or in Sept of 2021, I'll be standing in a WDW queue, someone will cough behind me, and I'm going to steam to the point of wanting to punch them. 🤬 Granted, it won't be their fault and they would've done nothing wrong. I just think many of us are going to be a bit hyper-sensitive about that going forward. 😲

Logan L

I am thinking along the lines of an opening anywhere from early June to the beginning of July. To say any longer, is just unrealistic. The park’s will be open in some shape or form by then. At first I thought that the people who said a June or July opening were out of their minds. In fact, if you look at the scientific evidence, it all points to that or later. I firmly believe that now. All of The people booking fall trips need to take into account that this is probably going to resurge in the fall. Dr Fauci said that he is ”Almost positive“ that it will resurge. It probably won’t be as bad because we will know how to treat it better. There is still a possibility that the parks may close again in the fall this year until things calm down then. We had a trip scheduled on April 28-May 5. We scheduled that before Coronavirus was even a thing. We then rescheduled to the first weekend in May, but we realized that that too was not going to happen. As of now, we have not rescheduled a trip yet, but we are looking to go shortly after the parks fully open. Am I betting June first, no. I think a more realistic estimate would be around the 14th of June. Phased opening for Florida residents who are AP’s May happen before then. Theme parks along with bars and restaurants will probably be lower on the list to open up the soonest. I think Disney is trying to open up the soonest they can, when they deem it safe. People saying that Disney is not going to open until the risk of contracting COVID-19 is zero, clearly don’t understand that if that were to happen, then Disney would never open up again. Even if there is an effective vaccine for this virus, that doesn’t mean that there is zero risk of contracting it. It is here, and it is staying for the foreseeable future.There is Also NO way on earth that Disney could sanitize and clean all commonly touched surfaces in their parks. Think about it, there is safety restraints, lap bars, ride vehicles, touchscreens, kiosks, restrooms, tables, doors, the list could literally be a mile long. There is also no good way that they could keep people 6 feet apart. Restrooms, entering and exiting the park, and biggest of all, lines and attraction queues. They can’t have virtual queues for every ride and line. The people that are waiting would still have to be somewhere, and that place is the rest of the park, along with everyone else who is there. That brings another issue, park capacity, they would have to reduce park capacity down to 30-40% of what it normally is to be effective. Even if they were open, most people would want to just hold out until it is fully and really open. That is why it is not opening in the next 5-7 weeks. I think that they would have to do a soft opening of some sort like mentioned above. Some things look good on the drawing board, but they May not always work. They aren’t just going to wing it, and that is why a soft opening is necessary to Ensure the safety of the guests and cast members. Again these guidelines could and probably will change in between now and the time June rolls around. Trust me, I want the parks to open, like really really Bad, but I don’t want them to risk anyone’s health, safety, or life. These next few weeks before and after the peak are crucial to having anything start to open up. But in the meantime, the country must open up and Disney will open up. If they do close, and a trip is booked then, waiting until 2021 is probably a better idea. This could also affect the holiday crowd, making that time less crowded. But I do hope that you and your family will be walking down Main Street USA on December 6 2020, as do I with mine👍

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

FYI: The second wave of the 1918 Spanish Flu was much worse than the first wave. The second wave was also worse than the third. Please note, however, that many labeled the Spring (March 1918) outbreak as the first wave, the Fall (Oct-Dec 1918) as the second wave, and the Spring (Feb 1919) wave as the third wave.

Disstevefan1

Original Poster
FYI: The second wave of the 1918 Spanish Flu was much worse than the first wave. The second wave was also worse than the third. Please note, however, that many labeled the Spring (March 1918) outbreak as the first wave, the Fall (Oct-Dec 1918) as the second wave, and the Spring (Feb 1919) wave as the third wave.

I am sure glad we now living in 2020 and not in 1918, and not just because we have broadband. The ventilator was not invented until 1928!

I think we will do much better today as we did in 1918 and 1919. Today we move much faster medically, and we have ventilators!

Just the ability we have today to communicate to EVERYBODY the need wash your hands really helps.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I don't tend to spitball things like this with my daughter because I don't want her to be disappointed if it cannot happen. Even without the pandemic, when it comes to Disney it's always maybe. Maybe we'll be able to get that snack or ride your favorite ride. Maybe we'll be able to stay in this resort or that one. Maybe sets her up much better than predictions. Even on good days, Disney is unpredictable

Disstevefan1

Original Poster
I don't tend to spitball things like this with my daughter because I don't want her to be disappointed if it cannot happen. Even without the pandemic, when it comes to Disney it's always maybe. Maybe we'll be able to get that snack or ride your favorite ride. Maybe we'll be able to stay in this resort or that one. Maybe sets her up much better than predictions. Even on good days, Disney is unpredictable

"Maybe" is the perfect position to take. I also keep my expectations low when it comes to a trip to Disney, that way we are not disappointed.

John park hopper

Provided the current rate of infection peaks and then declines by July /August WDW may open. I expect a resurgence of the virus come this fall hopefully it will not be as bad and we will be prepared and ALL will take it seriously (wishful thinking). We will not be going back until late 2021

Rosanne

It's a very scary and uncertain time. In my attempt to stay positive, I made a WDW prediction to my family:

"We will be walking down Main Street USA on Dec. 6, 2020."

What is your WDW prediction for your family?
I have no predictions as no one really seems to know for sure. I do wish I could cancel the monthly payments I keep having to make to Disney and not be able to go until who knows when?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom