My thoughts on the Imagination Pavillon (spelling?)

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Alot of people complain about the new Journey ride because of one major thing. No DreamFinder. I agree with that, but still think that the new one is actually an improvment on the original. Alot of people also say that "Honey I shrunk the audience" is showing it's age which it is kinda but one of the things I liked about these two attractions is that for once, the two of them in the Imagination Pavillon are actually connected. Because they both have Eric Idle's character. So I thought, in order to fix all these problems I thought of something. A 3-D attraction with Figment, and The Dreamfinder. We get something new in the 3-D show, the Dreamfinder comes back, and the two shows stay connected with each other. What does everyone think about that?

Android-XS

Although I do not agree w/ you on the new Journey being better than the old, I do like your idea of updating HISTA w/ The Dreamfinder and Figment. Although people may not recognize The Dreamfinder and have trouble associating him w/ Figment, since he is no longer in the ride.

mdisney

Dreamfinder

I wish they would bring back the dreamfinder in some way since he is the one who came up with figment and i feel like figment is a ______________ in a way without his father. I say find a way to bring back dreamfinder

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
The only thing I really have to complain about the new Imagination is that the "Image works" in the end really lacks in my opinion. Which is kinda odd. As technology gets better, people do less imaginative things which is awfully ironic considering the theme of the ride. :lol: Someone tell Disney to practice what they preech. :p

SirGoofy

While the newest form of JII is better than the second version, it pales in comparison to the original. The original sucked you in, and was pure fun. A great song(which has thankfully returned), great characters, and the most amazing show scenes in a dark ride I have ever seen. I'm still a firm believer that getting rid of it was Disney's biggest mistake in getting rid of a ride.

fargosteve

I agree 100% with Sir Goofey. The original was great, in fact my son was soooo dissapointed when he went back and it had changed the first time. Even the cm's at the end were shaking their heads.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Visually, it was truly a sight to behold. I think the saddest thing about the new ride is the reality that those incredible sets had to be taken down. I remember however the ride not making quite THAT huge an impact on me when I was on it in '90. The greatest part of it in my opinion was the Image Works. I loved the blue screen thing. ^^ However, looking back at Martain's video, I couldn't help but think the ride itself, as cool looking as it was, seemed awfully slow paced and repetitve after a while. That and Figment seemed like kind of a stiff before. Maybe Dreamfinder was holding him back. :lookaroun Another thought I had you could consider is that Dreamfinder creates Figment, teaches him about imagination, then, several years later, Figment is teaching practiclly the same stuff to someone else in need of this knowledge. You could see it as a circle. But now i think i'm overthinking a ride attraction. :lol:

DisneyWales

Hista

I hate HISTA, i dont like the films or the terrible TV series, so i will be jumping up and down with Joy if they ever get rid of this terribly dated film.

I like JII, but i never seen version 1 or 2, however you can tell that the new version is lacking something. Figment is cool, and i think a 3D film with him would rock, a great way to build on his appeal, we would just have to watch out for Disney capitalizing on this with a feature leangh version of Figments JII in cinemas.

However i thought part of the issue with the Imagination Pavillion is Kodak have the final say on eveything.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Android-XS said:
Although I do not agree w/ you on the new Journey being better than the old, I do like your idea of updating HISTA w/ The Dreamfinder and Figment. Although people may not recognize The Dreamfinder and have trouble associating him w/ Figment, since he is no longer in the ride.

i totally agree, people might not know who dreamfinder, but then again maybe in the quene they have a history video, or boards on the wall, displaying figment/ dreamfinder and the journey, or just totally re-introduce him, which i dont like

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
DisneyWales said:
I hate HISTA, i dont like the films or the terrible TV series, so i will be jumping up and down with Joy if they ever get rid of this terribly dated film.

I used to love the movies but you're right on the series. THAT was crud. But you're also right about it being dated. I hadn't seen the movies in so long, I had to re-learn the characters and i'm not sure to many people today even know who these characters are to begin with. Though it was good to see the wife faint again. :D

Buford

Sounds great! (Although the original was my favorite attraction of all time!) The Dreamfinder can be reintroduced to brand new visitors...after all Figment is introduced every day to brand new visitors, is he not??? :D

Epcot82Guy

I really think a Dreamfinder movie would work quite well. I think adding a more prominent entrance (perhaps enclosing the entire pavilion area and opening up the pyramids) would give it a larger presence. Have Dreamfinder be a head researcher and investigate his lab and findings (as a sort of Dreamport meets Willy Wonka's factory meets a true science lab). The possibilities with smells, effects, etc. could really make this work, perhaps better than the original attraction simply because of the capabilities of film vs. reality. I also think that the preshow area could easily become a sort of extension of the Imageworks with interactive elements prior to a greeting by Nigel Channing showcasing some of the greatest inventors (of course, featuring our illustrious HISTA story in brief).

This would be a great addition for the 25th, especially, since it would be new and yet old at the same time. Guess we can dream... or imagine!:D

SirGoofy

Epcot82Guy said:
I think adding a more prominent entrance (perhaps enclosing the entire pavilion area and opening up the pyramids) would give it a larger presence.

I think this is the biggest problem with Imagination as a whole right now. It's so blah outside. There's nothing that says, "Hey! Come ride me! I have Figment!" It needs so more exposure.

Epcot82Guy

I agree entirely. I really think having the "reception" area expanded and opened so that you can see up would be a great addition. Then, if all attraction entrances were inside (as they are in every other attraction in FW), it would give a greater reason to have a larger archway or other marker for the main entrance (anyone see sensor maze?). I also would LOVE to see an interactive DreamFinder sitting behind reception along the lines of Tom Morrow at Innoventions directing people to the various attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom