My Silver Wish Experience

WDWspider

Edit: I had my Wilderness Lodge set priced wrong. I did better than I thought

For those who would like to know... we got a Silver Wish Package (2 wishes per night). I saved all the receipts and here is the breakdown:

$67.87 - Teppanyaki (2 wishes)
$65.87 - Wilderness Lodge Lincoln logs Set (2 wishes)
$41.29 - Crystal Palace Breakfast (2 wishes)
$83.77 - Brown Derby (2 wishes)
$24.39 - Garden Grill (1 wish - Wendy was sick)
$34.56 - Kona Cafe (2 wishes)
$45.00 - Mickey Mouse Clock Sculpture (1 wish)
$35.00 - Mickey Mouse Frame/Box Keepsake (1 wish)
$39.99 - Imageworks Picture package (1 wish)
$107.99 - Rainforest Cafe (2 wishes)

Total - $545

Wishes cost $68 (per 2) x 4 nghts = $544

I used a Magic Kingdom card though so that took $75 off the package making the wishes total = $469.

I saved $76.

This inormation will show you many things to consider, for example... Dinner pays off much more than Breakfast, if anyone gets sick it is hard to get your money's worth (we planned to use all wishes for food, but when my wife got sick we could not), and do you really want to eat that much food or nice places normally? So just keep these things in mind. We wanted to be able to slpurge on this trip since it was a small one and we liked knowing the food was already paid for and we could get whatever we wanted. Plus it was a challenge to see if we could beat the odds. You also see that if we did not get our discount we would have nearly broke even. I recommend if you want to do wishes, just use the Bronze (unadvertised) option that allows one wish per day and use it on Dinner meals. Consider the fact that our son often got extras too at no charge... like drinks, cereal, kid's meal at Garden Grill. The CM's never said anything about it, so if you have young kids (mine is 2) you may be able to get some hidden extras in your adult wishes as well.

DisneyPhD

Thanks for that post, it was interesting. I am trying to convince my brother and sister in law to come with us on our next trip in Aug. We have annual passes and DVC, but they don't so they are considering the fairy tale package and were wondering if they should upgrade to silver. I haven't heard about the bronze, how much more a day does that cost? Also you can get toys and other things with the wishes I didn't know that. How does that work?

Mary

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Thanks for that post, it was interesting. I am trying to convince my brother and sister in law to come with us on our next trip in Aug. We have annual passes and DVC, but they don't so they are considering the fairy tale package and were wondering if they should upgrade to silver. I haven't heard about the bronze, how much more a day does that cost? Also you can get toys and other things with the wishes I didn't know that. How does that work?

Mary

Maybe Pam can clue us in on Bronze Wish option pricing. Only way I knew it existed was after check-in and recieving the Wish Brochure will tells you everything you can use your wishes for including Spa Time, Golf options, Water recreation, fishing, Meals, Tours, Cirque du soleil (when open), and some merchandise (Lincoln Logs, t-shirts, various others). The Brchure mentions the Bronze option as one wish per day.

Side Note: Most receipts tell you how many wishes you have remaining at the bottom. Also note that outside companies like Rainforest Cafe do not show $0 on your receipt like it does when you use wishes at Disney owned places. (We had this discussion with a Rainforest Waitress and it took some convincing on our part, but the wishes did go through - we also got the most for our wish at Rainforest cause they allow more extras like Souvenir cups)

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Original Poster
Check out the Edit above, I inverted my Wilderness Lodge Lincoln Logs set price. When I corrected it I even beat the standard Wish price by $1, so it can be done... but the package discounts make it much more worth the trouble, it basically gave us one meal free.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Just curious, but the $ for each meal, is that with or without taxes? Also, does that include a tip you'd normally add as well?

Since the wishes cover both of these, you have to take them into account what you are saving as well.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
Just curious, but the $ for each meal, is that with or without taxes? Also, does that include a tip you'd normally add as well?

Since the wishes cover both of these, you have to take them into account what you are saving as well.

That is the total after 15% tip and tax. Normally we tip 5 - 10% depending on service, but 15% was fine in this case since they helped out our 2 year old everywhere we went.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by spider-man
That is the total after 15% tip and tax. Normally we tip 5 - 10% depending on service, but 15% was fine in this case since they helped out our 2 year old everywhere we went.

cool, just wondering.

I worked out my numbers last year, and it was similar to yours, it basicaly broke even. I found if you use them for lunches and breakfasts, which usally cost less, that's where it would break even.

This year we are useing them for tours, shows, and more expensive dinners first. If I worked the numbers out right, we should save about $50-$75, and this is mostly because of the tours/shows, that's where the money savings are really at. (Unless you only ever pick the most expensive dinners)

Good to know about the bronze, never knew that one. Anyone have a clue on the per day/per person charge for that plan?

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
cool, just wondering.
This year we are useing them for tours, shows, and more expensive dinners first. If I worked the numbers out right, we should save about $50-$75, and this is mostly because of the tours/shows, that's where the money savings are really at. (Unless you only ever pick the most expensive dinners)

Yes, we wanted to use them for the Cirque du Soleil tickets which would have saved us more money, but the show was not running during our trip. A note on the tours... some of the less expensive tours allow young kids, but many of the more expensive ones that would be worth using your wishes do not allow kids and would not necessarily be interesting to them in the first place. I believe you can use a wish for Hoop de Doo and the Polynesian Dinner Show (both of these would save you lots of money too).

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by spider-man
Yes, we wanted to use them for the Cirque du Soleil tickets which would have saved us more money, but the show was not running during our trip. A note on the tours... some of the less expensive tours allow young kids, but many of the more expensive ones that would be worth using your wishes do not allow kids and would not necessarily be interesting to them in the first place. I believe you can use a wish for Hoop de Doo and the Polynesian Dinner Show (both of these would save you lots of money too).

Yep, we have no rugrats in our household. I'm the only "kid" :lol:

We will be using them for Cirque, and two of the Epcot tours. The Cirque only save a couple of $, but the tours save us over $20 per person, and along with doing some of the more expensive dinner PS at non-doulbe wish restaurants, we should make out ok.

From talking to people, most just use them on dinners, and that good, but the real savings are the other recreations that are available. The couple that are going with us are using the for golf, and that really saves sume $, like over $50 each and that's even using 2 wishes each. Some of those courses can get up to $150 for 18 holes.

Upvote 0

SheriRDH

wishes

I was told by a CM that you can use the wishes as a family any way you choose so my husband and I were going to use the wishes for all of our food and pay for the kids meals because they are very affordable- The most is $12 at a REALLY nice restaurant- so we are eating like pigs three meals a day and going to two restaurants that use two wishes!! This sounds too good to be true- is it?:sohappy:

Upvote 0

msteddom

Hi,
I'm curious about the bronze plan that I saw mentioned above. I have some questions:

1) Does this option really exist? I haven't seen it in any of the offical Disney literature. Then again they are famous for not publishing their best deals :)

2) How much does it cost per night?

3) Can it be added to a Fairytale package?

4) Can you "borrow" wishes from upcoming nights. e.g. we want to eat at Flying Fish on our first night (2 wishes each), but we only have one wish per day, can we still do it and just not have a wish to spend on a subsequent day?

Any information would be a big help! I think this might be a good option for our upcoming trip in August (there will be 2 adults, not kids). I looked at the silver plan, and it's just too much money up front for features that I'm not sure we're going to use. Thanks!!!

Melissa

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by msteddom
4) Can you "borrow" wishes from upcoming nights. e.g. we want to eat at Flying Fish on our first night (2 wishes each), but we only have one wish per day, can we still do it and just not have a wish to spend on a subsequent day?

If it works like Silver (just less wishes/cost), then yes, you can "borrow". You are actually given all the points when your package starts. When you buy/pay for things, the reciepts will say how many wishes left.

If you really wanted to, you could spend all the wishes in one day if you wantd to...or streach them out over the a few days on meals.

Spend them as you see fit.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Re: wishes

Originally posted by SheriRDH
I was told by a CM that you can use the wishes as a family any way you choose so my husband and I were going to use the wishes for all of our food and pay for the kids meals because they are very affordable- The most is $12 at a REALLY nice restaurant- so we are eating like pigs three meals a day and going to two restaurants that use two wishes!! This sounds too good to be true- is it?:sohappy:

We are inviting freinds that live in the Orlando area to a dinner and plan on doing the same. Pay for us using wishes, and they will be paid by cash. I'm sure they can do that, and I can't see why thy couldn't do the same for a family.

Smart move too, cos at $36 a wish, I doubt the kids will be eating that much food, thus you're just giving it away to Disney.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by msteddom
Hi,
I'm curious about the bronze plan that I saw mentioned above. I have some questions:

1) Does this option really exist? I haven't seen it in any of the offical Disney literature. Then again they are famous for not publishing their best deals :)

2) How much does it cost per night?

1) I found out about them from official Disney Literature, only after check-in though. :lol: It's in the book that explains hwo to use wishes and what all they are good for.

2) I have no idea, I hope someone can clue us in on this.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Ok, Here is the scoop on the Bronze Plan. It was in effect last year and is no longer in effect for this year. The only plans available are the Dream Maker Basic plan, the Silver Add-on, the Gold Add-on, the Platinum Add-on, the Romance add-on, the Golf Escape package, the Downtown Disney Resort package, and the Good Neighbor hotel package. And of course the new Fairytale package which you can add the Silver plan on to. If anyone would like more information on any of these packages, I do have all of the information and many of the brochures on my hard drive.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom