My Sad Story Leaving WDW in '88

artbell2

Original Poster
I have quite a story to tell about my adventure leaving WDW when I was 6 years old in 1988. The story is fast and to the point but it really shows how much of a "dream" going to WDW is (along with how much of a letdown it can be).

We visited WDW in 1988 during the Christmas holiday season. I can't remember how many days we spent, if I had to guess, probably 3. We went to the showing of Illuminations the last night. We had to weed through the crowd, board the monorail to TTC, took a tram to the parking lot and between my Grandfather and my father drove all night long back to Richmond, VA. We arrived home sometime during the early morning hours 6:00 or 7:00 am, something like that. I slept all through the night practically. I was fast asleep when we arrived home and my Dad had to carry me into my room. When I woke up that morning I was in bed, in my room and no WDW. Just everything was flat as a door nail. Still to this day I can remember waking up and being so sad and in such a daze that WDW was gone. Though the one thing I did have was the Winnie The Pooh stuff animal that went everywhere at WDW and motel rooms and I was hugging it tightly.

This was a true story be the way.

Mike

disneytati

Well, I'll tell you a story too. I'm 32 years old, and I try to go to WDW every year. I usually spend 15 days there, as it's not worth paying expensive plane tickets all the way from Brazil for just a few days. Anyway, every time I come back from WDW, a couple of nights after I arrive home, I wake up in the middle of the night, and I have no idea where I am!!! I look around, I don't recognize my own room. I don't even recognize my daughter sleeping beside me!!!!! It's as if I had been taken somewhere while I was sleeping. I stand up, go around the place, and after some minutes I realize I'm at my apartment, in Rio de Janeiro......... And then that big feeling of disappoinment comes to me: I'm NOT home................

That's a true story, and it happens to me every time I come back from the USA. It has happened to me for 4 years....

bgraham34

I woke up in the WL once and had no idea where i was. I actually opened up the balcony doors to see where i was and I was like OH yeah Disney World.

VeRTiGo91

I have quite a story to tell about my adventure leaving WDW when I was 6 years old in 1988. The story is fast and to the point but it really shows how much of a "dream" going to WDW is (along with how much of a letdown it can be).

We visited WDW in 1988 during the Christmas holiday season. I can't remember how many days we spent, if I had to guess, probably 3. We went to the showing of Illuminations the last night. We had to weed through the crowd, board the monorail to TTC, took a tram to the parking lot and between my Grandfather and my father drove all night long back to Richmond, VA. We arrived home sometime during the early morning hours 6:00 or 7:00 am, something like that. I slept all through the night practically. I was fast asleep when we arrived home and my Dad had to carry me into my room. When I woke up that morning I was in bed, in my room and no WDW. Just everything was flat as a door nail. Still to this day I can remember waking up and being so sad and in such a daze that WDW was gone. Though the one thing I did have was the Winnie The Pooh stuff animal that went everywhere at WDW and motel rooms and I was hugging it tightly.

This was a true story be the way.

Mike

That's a pretty good drive! We flew from Orlando back to Washington DC in about 2 hours...I can only imagine the drive back! But if you were sleeping, no harm done!!

V

Howard & Hilda

Well, I'll tell you a story too. I'm 32 years old, and I try to go to WDW every year. I usually spend 15 days there, as it's not worth paying expensive plane tickets all the way from Brazil for just a few days. Anyway, every time I come back from WDW, a couple of nights after I arrive home, I wake up in the middle of the night, and I have no idea where I am!!! I look around, I don't recognize my own room. I don't even recognize my daughter sleeping beside me!!!!! It's as if I had been taken somewhere while I was sleeping. I stand up, go around the place, and after some minutes I realize I'm at my apartment, in Rio de Janeiro......... And then that big feeling of disappoinment comes to me: I'm NOT home................

That's a true story, and it happens to me every time I come back from the USA. It has happened to me for 4 years....

I do that too, disneytati !

We're from Uk and holiday between 2 and 3 weeks each trip for the same cost-of-flights reasons as you do.

I always have a couple of weeks where I wake, like you, and either don't know where I am , or think I'm, still at Disney and therefore lost on a ride or something :eek:

disneytati

I do that too, disneytati !

We're from Uk and holiday between 2 and 3 weeks each trip for the same cost-of-flights reasons as you do.

I always have a couple of weeks where I wake, like you, and either don't know where I am , or think I'm, still at Disney and therefore lost on a ride or something :eek:

Good to know someone has the same "problem"!!! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom