My "Retirement" Message

Nemmy

Original Poster
I'm done with WDWMagic. Why?

Well, my internet is messed up. IE has a ton of adware that I don't know how I picked up. When I run Adaware or Spybot, it freezes up my computer permanently, and I have to unplug and replug. Nothing works. I've switched to Firefox, but I get this gay error message every time I try to go to WDWMagic on it. At least Firefox doesn't have the adware on it.

Well, it was fun being here. :)

cru5h

Just do a system recover. You might be able to get away with not having to reinstall every program you ever put on your computer. If that doesn't work, then you'd have to do a complete reboot of the system. Then stay away from suspicious sites.

Sites which drop adware like it's nobody's business:
- obviously (not saying you're visiting sites, but it had to be mentioned)
Personals
Some of the Photo Ratings sites
If you have an email address from tshirthell.com and log on from the net

I have had no problem with WDWMagic ever.

If/when you clean your system or get a new computer, if ANYTHING ever pops up and asks you a question, do not click yes or no, click the X to close. If there's no X do a Ctrl.+Alt.+Delete and terminate that process from running by finding the title. I've even gotten fake Norton Antivirus popups from these places. They are slick.

I use the google pop-up blocker because sometimes sites will code popups WITH the adware set to run from there. I visit http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite periodically for a scan. It does it as the page is loading. Then it tells you how to manually uninstall the files they find on your computer. This is where Adaware and Spybot sometimes fall short. The adware people redo these programs so standard removal systems only take away 90% of the problem. There's always a stub left in the computer somewhere and then the program reinstalls itself after you've just "deleted" it. I still run Adaware and Spybot once in a while. My system was seriously screwed recently but somehow we fixed it and it's been great ever since.

Anyway, don't leave for good. I have no idea who you are but that's OK LOL
Your computer isn't totally trashed! Don't worry.

pisco

Get Norton Internet Security and clean up your machine. Then use Firefox to brows the site with the "Blue Daylight - Dialup (No Flash)" settings and you should have no more problems.

Figment1986

dont forget expensive paperweights... at least my schools are.. (I wouldn't mine a new iMac though....)

Don't leave based on computer problems... try these steps... it should fix the problems and you can then serf the web and visit here again...

Nemmy

Original Poster
No, I've been on many other tech forums. I've tried everything said, and nothing works.

I'm also very busy.

WDWScottieBoy

I call Nemmy's 230 posts and his reputation points as well (I only want hsi positive ones though).

Seriously, you don't need to leave. Get yourself a nice anti-virus program, such as Norton, McAfee, etc. I'm sure there's a way to get around this problem. If that doesn't help, why not pay $50 to get it re-formatted and cleaned up? You should be fine, don't let your computer take over and stop you from coming here. We'd miss you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom