My Personal Project Gemini for Epcot Future World

SIR90210

Originally posted by antoinebusby
Sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this. I actually think you are on to something. However...

...what is this thing called "Horizons" I keep hearing everyone rave about? You guys are making me miss a "classic" ride that I never even knew. Nonetheless, if the ride was that spectacular, I really wish Disney would have kept it, so that other poor lost souls, like myself, could have the opportunity to experience it. Oh well...

Again, I really like your ideas!

Horizons isn't really as good as everyone says it was. The building was a horrible 70's-80's modern thing, the ride system was dated, and the music was just OK. In general, don't feel like you missed anything. Would somone PLEASE tell me why everyone is bemoaning the loss of an ugly, dated attraction???

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by SIR90210
Horizons isn't really as good as everyone says it was. The building was a horrible 70's-80's modern thing, the ride system was dated, and the music was just OK. In general, don't feel like you missed anything. Would somone PLEASE tell me why everyone is bemoaning the loss of an ugly, dated attraction???

Sorry to drag up an old thread ya'll - I was away for the holiday.

Anyway I can only speak for myself, but I enjoyed Horizons because in addition to being the sequel to COP, it was one of the first attractions I visited at the World - that was in the 80's, BTW.

Guess I'm one of those terribly strange people that enjoy re-visiting attractions ... I keep returning to WDW to visit attractions I enjoyed, and it saddens me when they're done away with to build something to draw in the "thrill - seekers". :(

dxwwf3

While I appreciate the Save S.I.R. signature you have (I know it's a little late), I totally disagree with you on this one.

I think Horizons was the best attraction in the history of Epcot. The elaborate sets, the great animatronics, THE MUSIC, the multiple endings, the IMAX screens, the unique take on the omnimover system, etc.

As much as I love Mission Space (and I like it more each time I ride it), I'd still trade it in for another trip on Horizons. Just my opinion.

MagicalMonorail

Anyway, both Mary Poppins and Harry Potter would be neat attractions. One with Mary Poppins can have guests riding horses on a race and going through England and the scenes from the movie. The Harry Potter ride could be a Soarin type ride except guests ride over England in the flying car from the second movie or a broomstick would be cool but its a little small. Also, what is this jr autopia?

raven

Whoa! You are stepping on a lot of member's toes now. Horizons was a great attraction. First of all the entire building was filled by the ride, there was no room for a pre or post show. The attraction was the original Epcot attraction to promote space travel and the space age. The ride vehicles were so unique I don't think they have been tried anywhere else. Also the feature at the end where you can choose your own ending was so cool. Personaly my favorite portion of the attraction was the huge Omnimax theatre. It was my favorite Disney attraction.

There are tons of us Horizon junkies on here. So please, be careful. :sohappy:

WDWhumanmap

MY PROJECT GEMINI WHICH WILL PROBALY BE AGREED BY ALL ITS TO BRING BACK HORIZONS OR DO SOMETHING INSPIRED BY IT.... i mean people see mission: space is its inspriation from it but no offense Horizons is Horizons and if it was then they wouldn't call the ship x-2 it would be called Horizons 5 etc. also mission space like everything else is its own ride like everything else but if something more or less then using the phrase if you can dream it then you can do it then i would like to see it happen i would like to see Horizons again....

"I was there when they knock the walls down i cryed on the ground Horizons is and will every be one of the best rides at Epcot and WDW RIP" :(

matt88mph

Original Poster
Originally posted by jrriddle
3D Journey through Innerspace!!!!

I actually dwelled on that thought for a while and I came up with a new pavillion based on physical science. It would involve a remake of Journey through Innerspace (and 3-D would be so cool)
and the postshow's floor would be the Periodic Table of the Elements.

WDWhumanmap

this will never happen but its my honest opinion a) try and bring back horizons and keep the seasonal things open or b) just use the money to renovate the other rides i mean not the ride or show persay but just maybe like on splash clean the mildew off the seats and the gum off the places where you stand in line.

matt88mph

Original Poster
I thought about this for a while, and here's #11....

11. Bring back Kitchen Kaberet or Food Rocks: Take either attraction (or put them both together), update it, and either put it back in The Land or move it to Wonders of Life. Perhaps that's what Wonders of Life needs.

FigmentJedi

Here's the rest of my Project Gemini:
General: A new resort based on the Hotel Convention Center in Walt's original plans.
Future World:
A Mini parade with Figment,Dreamfinder, and the Dreamseekers going around Future World and collecting dreams.
A new Weather pavillion with Storm Chasers(in the Odyssey building)
Imagination: New JII with Figment, Dreamfinder and the Dreamseekers. HISTA replaced with a new version of Magic Journeys starring the Dreamseekers. Return of old Image Works. A heavily themed resturant called the Figment Cafe.
The Land: A new version of Kitchen Kaberet/Food Rocks hosted by Weird Al Yankovic.
Spaceship Earth: Updated with the Sage Of Time as the host and the spiral back down to Earth is a tribute to Horizons that includes the Mother and Father communicating with their Daughter at the Desert farm,her daughter talks with her boyfriend living in the Sea Castle while another kid talks with a friend who moved to the Space Station( he's talking while trying to reach fot the gravity switch that his little brother messed with.)
It culminates with the birthday party and the Sage of Time can be seen outside the house greeting guests farewell in numerous languages, then we move to the model of Spaceship Earth.
Universe Of Energy: Update the Dinosaurs to something simialr to Countdown to Extinction(but still the same species in the same spots)
Wonders Of Life: Update Body Wars and the exhibits. Re film Cranium Command.
Mission Space: Add references to the Space station from Horizons(you can actually see the space station as you enter the outer rims of the atmosphere.)
Test Track: Put a new World Of Motion ride to the side of the building. The Bird and the Robot show returns to the Transcenter.
World Showcase:
Mexico: Update El Rio Del Tiempo to a 3 Cabaleros theme.
Italy: Add a Gondola boat ride.
Germany: Rhine River ride
American Adventure: Put a new version of America Sings within the building, giving you an option of euther it or American Adventure.
Japan:put in Meet The World and a Godzilla ride
African Outpost:Replace with an Egypt pavillion.
United Kingdom: Add a new Mr. Toad's Wild Ride that goes throughout the English Country side.
Put a Spain Pavillion and a Australia Pavillion in the World Showplace building.
Morroco: Add Sinbad's Seven Voyages.
and finally...... The return of Tapestry of Nations including 8 new types of puppets along the original ones and some more unique Drum floats. Sage of Time hosts, and the parade is all one massive procession going all the way around World Showcase, starting and ending in Mexico.

Here's my crazy unrealistic project gemini, any and all comments are welcome.

1) Update SSE and replace the ride system to prevent the noise. Now that global neighborhood is gone, create something new in it's place, with hands on things and museum type exhibits related to future comminication tools, a look back at predictions on comminication, and a tron style look at the internet from the inside( which could also make a great ride on it's own.)
2) Keep MS, but build a buildin behind it simular to the original space pavillion design to house cosmic voyages, a dark ride based on space exploration and discovery
3)No preestablished disney character rides
4) Total renovation of living seas where sea cabs are mini subs which go under water and get up close to the inhabitants and maybe something else (undecided)
5)Add rain forest flume ride to the land
6) I love the idea of journey thur inner space 3d!!!
7) Updated version of original version of jiyi and add roller coaster called brainstormers where a machine created by dream institute professors launches you into the inner most corners of you imagination (a rumor which I started I must admit, totally false!!!)
8) Dark ride on human exploration
9) New version of horizons which immerses you in the scenes instead of just looking at them (like flying in a flying car into someone's house through a window ect)
10) Get rid of WOL completely
11) No soarin'
12) Food rocks dark ride (serious look at different aspects of food like where it comes from, how certain things are made ect as well as kitchen caberet type ending here your veihicle enters a giant fridge
all for now, more later...

I just had a great idea. Everyone is ticked off that they aren't putting in the junior autopia, so move the speedway from MK to Epcot which would also make room for a new e ticket ride in tommorrowland like tron lightcycles or something to go with the sci fi fantasyland theme they have going.

SIR90210

I'm REALLY sorry about that Horizons post in December! I wasn't too happy with the way Disney was going, and I posted that out of stupidity. I'm not the best person to ask for an opinion on Horizons, because I last rode it 7 and a half years ago. Again, sorry!

Laura

How about closing Innoventions West, but still keep Innoventions East. In the Innoventions West building the PeopleMover would first pass the proposed EPCOT model now part of the TTA, and then it would slowly travel through a scene from each lost Epcot attraction, such as the Dreamfinder and Figment scene on the vehicle in JII, the apartment scene from Horizons, a scene from World of Motion, a small little thing from Kitchen Kabaret, maybe a clip from Captain EO or Magic Journeys. Inside the building would be exhibits based on what Walt wanted Epcot to be, what it first turned out to be, what it is now, and what it will be in the future. Exhibits on deceased Epcot attractions could also be displayed.

I would LOVE that!! It would give me chills.

I have the perfect idea for future world in epcot. It's the Mail Pavilion and the main attraction is a giant letter sorter. Will be postioned directy across from Mission: Ladder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom