My Personal Project Gemini for Epcot Future World

matt88mph

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
btw, matt88mph, i think your ideas are top notch! well, except for replacing SSE with Horizons ;)

Dont worry, Dizknee_Phreek, I would NEVER EVER EVER get rid of SSE. I just think it would be best if it were moved. If they ever got rid of SSE, I would lock myself in my room and would probably flood the room with tears. And NEVER change the name to Discoveryland. It is, was, and always will be EPCOT.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by jrriddle
Very much agreed!
I was just speaking about attractions, not the theme of EPCOT. And I agree that the name should be Discoveryland.
Any chance that you will post that essay?
I'd like to read it.

Well, it is about 8 pages long, and it'll take quite some time to post, maybe during the winter holidays when i'm off from school i'll post it up. It is entitled "E.P.C.O.T. Center-A History". It's a nice little paper.

matt88mph

Original Poster
Okay, to round out the Top Ten list:

10. Add more to the Magic Eye Theater: Yes, keep Honey, I Shrunk The Audience, but make it more like a movie theater, by adding back Magic Journeys & Captain EO or creating new movies altogether.

Anyone else have different ideas?

jrriddle

Originally posted by matt88mph
Okay, to round out the Top Ten list:

10. Add more to the Magic Eye Theater: Yes, keep Honey, I Shrunk The Audience, but make it more like a movie theater, by adding back Magic Journeys & Captain EO or creating new movies altogether.

Anyone else have different ideas?

3D Journey through Innerspace!!!!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
My 'personal Project Gemini'-

1. Spaceship Earth recieves new Omnimover vehicles as well as some track replacements, along with new AAs, a new ending, maybe even taking out a scene and replacing it with a new one.

2. Wonders of Life is bulldozed and replaced with a Weather pavillion, featuring Storm Rider from Tokyo DisneySea, a movie, and another attraction, as well as weather-themed exhibits.

3. A dark ride based on the history of flight is built next to Test Track, making the area a World of Motion pavillion.

4. The Living Seas is refurbished to add Finding Nemo elements, includes re-opening of SeaCabs as a Nemo dark ride along with Nemo things around the entire pavillion.

5. Journey Into Imagination is once again closed and refurbished with scenes featuring Figment and Dreamfinder. Image Works is also reopened.

6. Switzerland pavillion is built along with The Matterhorn.

7. Spain pavillion is built without an attraction.

8. The United Kingdom recieves a Harry Potter thrill ride.

9. A Tomorrowland Transit Authority-like attraction is built which takes guests around Future World, and also travels into the Innoventions buildings.

10. Thrill ride based on the rainforest is built at The Land.

All I can think of right now.:D

FigmentJedi

The People movers were in my Project Gemini, and they went through a cityscape based on the old designs of E.P.C.O.T. the city. The park would be the Development and showcasing area, and Innoventions would be replaced partly by the Epcot Historical Center which would exhibit stuff from some older attractions Including the complete Kitchen Kaberet show, a Horizons and WoM exhibit .JII would be returned to the Imagination Pavillion as it was in the old days, but Dreamfinder would mention that he is the true Chairman of the Imagination Institute and it's founder, and he started his journies to travel through his vivid Imagination to help all the world by bringing people joy.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
How about closing Innoventions West, but still keep Innoventions East. In the Innoventions West building the PeopleMover would first pass the proposed EPCOT model now part of the TTA, and then it would slowly travel through a scene from each lost Epcot attraction, such as the Dreamfinder and Figment scene on the vehicle in JII, the apartment scene from Horizons, a scene from World of Motion, a small little thing from Kitchen Kabaret, maybe a clip from Captain EO or Magic Journeys. Inside the building would be exhibits based on what Walt wanted Epcot to be, what it first turned out to be, what it is now, and what it will be in the future. Exhibits on deceased Epcot attractions could also be displayed.

jrriddle

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
My 'personal Project Gemini'-

1. Spaceship Earth recieves new Omnimover vehicles as well as some track replacements, along with new AAs, a new ending, maybe even taking out a scene and replacing it with a new one.

2. Wonders of Life is bulldozed and replaced with a Weather pavillion, featuring Storm Rider from Tokyo DisneySea, a movie, and another attraction, as well as weather-themed exhibits.

3. A dark ride based on the history of flight is built next to Test Track, making the area a World of Motion pavillion.

4. The Living Seas is refurbished to add Finding Nemo elements, includes re-opening of SeaCabs as a Nemo dark ride along with Nemo things around the entire pavillion.

5. Journey Into Imagination is once again closed and refurbished with scenes featuring Figment and Dreamfinder. Image Works is also reopened.

6. Switzerland pavillion is built along with The Matterhorn.

7. Spain pavillion is built without an attraction.

8. The United Kingdom recieves a Harry Potter thrill ride.

9. A Tomorrowland Transit Authority-like attraction is built which takes guests around Future World, and also travels into the Innoventions buildings.

10. Thrill ride based on the rainforest is built at The Land.

All I can think of right now.:D

Lose Potter and put in Japan's Mt. Fuli for bookend Mountains, and we have a winner!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Why drop Potter? It's a strong franchise, Disney supposedly "has him wrapped up" (quote-Bob Gale), and it would make a cool ride. This idea has a lot of potential.

jrriddle

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Why drop Potter? It's a strong franchise, Disney supposedly "has him wrapped up" (quote-Bob Gale), and it would make a cool ride. This idea has a lot of potential.

Well part of it is personal, I can't stand that little...
The bigger part is that I allways thought of him going into MGM with the other 3rd parties (Lucas, Henson, etc.).

jrriddle

Well...Marry Poppins was originally to go in there.
That new King Arthur movie they have coming out (if it's any good).
Or how about a Tower of London haunted house with a TT drop.
Heck, I would rather have a mini-millenium wheel then Potter (again I'm biased and in the minority in this).

jrriddle

Michael, I am totaly with you. Disney is about family. Rides that adults and kids can ride together. And if Potter comes to Epcot, MGM, MK or a parkinglot (sorry DCA is the other coast). I will go on it and appreciate a new ride that the imagineers have dreamed up for us.
On a personal basis I don't think Harry Potter is worth the paper it's written on. Nothing to do with religion or over exposure. I just think it is a poorly written series.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Michael72688
Well with Harry Potter, Disney could attract more kids, something Epcot is lacking compared to the other Disney parks

I know I'll be in the minority on this one, but I kinda like having a park without so many kids.

I also think that a Harry Potter attraction would be interesting...I thought the series was very imaginative and well written! :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Yes, Harry Potter would be an excellent addition, one that would draw crowds to ride, if Imagineering did it the right way (real thrill ride). Mary Poppins would be nice too, just some type of ride needs to go in some World Showcase pavilion. We haven't had a new WS ride since Maelstrom. It's time do SOMETHING, whether it be Potter, Mary Poppins, Mount Fuji in Japan, or even Rhine River Journey in Germany.

BTW, mini-Millenium Wheel, sponsored by British Airways, would be a nice addition but it wouldn't really fit with the theming of the UK pavillion. Nice idea though!:D

Michael72688

oh yea I forgot about this one....

I know it is not in Future World, but everyone keeps talking about the Aladdin musical coming to WDW, well I think they should build a theather in Morroco and do the show there, it would fit in really well. Just a thought

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom