My Personal Not-To-Be Missed List

ask!

Reading over one of the Disney guide books (I forget which one), there is a Not-To-Be-Missed list....here is my own personal one for our up-coming August 7th trip. What do you think? Anything you would add or delete?

Personal facts: family of four, DS 16 yo and DD 17 yo, last visit '96, goal is to really enjoy, relax, have fun and see Disney's best.

MK

Space Mountain x 2 at least
Buzz Lightyear
Monsters' Inc. Laugh House
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
POC
Philharmagic
TTA

Spectro-magic
Wishes

EPCOT
FW

TT
Mission:Space
Soarin' x 2
Imagination pavilion

WSC

American Adventure
Gran Fiesta
Maelstrom
O'China (can't decide China/Canada and only wish to see one360 film)

Illuminations

AK

EE x 2 at least
KS
Festival Lion King
Jungle Trek

MGM

RNRC x 2 at least
TOT x2 at least
Star Tours
IJ Stunt Show
LMA Stunt Show
GMR
Backlot Tour
Muppets 3-D

Realizing that everyone has their personal favorites and can't stands, what do you think?

Thanks,
Andrea

Nicole220

Your list looks good. You have pretty much everything I would hit.

Under AK, I would add Kilimanjaro Safaris. It's a unique experience and a great way to see the animals...unless they're all sleeping. :lol:

edit: I saw the KS on your list and for some reason thought it was for Kali. I just now realized it's Kilimanjaro Safaris. So nevermind, ignore the above statement.

Upvote 0

Chickapin Chick

At AK, I'd suggest adding Dinosaur and It's Tough to be a Bug.

I concur. Dinosaur is one of the best attractions on property, and it is one of the few rides that truly frightens me. I think your teenagers will enjoy it.

Now, people will probably disagree with this, but I think It's A Small World at MK is one of the great Disney classics, and hence deserves at least one visit. If you don't want to go for the sake of enjoying the attraction, then go for a quick nap. It's very rejuvenating.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Hook's right, JC is not to be missed and I feel should be done twice, day and then at night (seems eerier at night). Except for Philharmagic, you've totally skipped Fantasyland. We never miss Snow White, Winnie, or Peter Pan and our kids include 20 yr. old DS, niece 19 and niece 16.

Upvote 0

hack2112

That's a good list, but you forgot the hall of presidents. I always see it. It's a very good history lesson. I gotta think one of your kids is taking American History right. I believe it's taken again in 11th grade. I also think you have to hit the TTA (People Mover) and Carousel of Progress. Both classics, and both a good time. Of course, that's just me.

EDIT: You put down the TTA, never mind.

EDIT 2: OH, Dinosaur is a MUST! It's just incredible! Incredibly scary that is. For some reason I'm not scared anymore, but for a first timer, it should be scary. Maybe I'm not scared because I've been going to HHN at USO for three years. Hmmm...

Upvote 0

Sloan

Another vote for Dinosaur @ AK

Just adding my suggestion to the others that you add Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom - for the reasons already stated. (Also, the Forest Exploration trail when you exit KS will not take long, and is well worth it).

While I would agree with Hook as to Haunted Mansion, I will assume you left it off because it is closed for refurb.

Enjoy your trip - and don't forget how hot it will be in August, and plan accordingly.

Upvote 0

WDWFigment

Good list, but you forgot a lot in FW, especially if your kids are at an age where they might appreciate 'learning' from attractions. I would suggest Living with the Land and Universe of Energy to test this out.

And, as the resident Dole Whip pitchman has already stated, grab some Dole Whips...or floats.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

MK:
Space Mt.
Splash Mt.
All of Fantasyland
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
The Haunted Mansion
Buzz Lightyear
Epcot:
Soarin'
Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk w/ Crush
AK:
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids
Kilamanjaro Safaris
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo the Musical
MGM:
Great Movie Ride
Rock N' Roll Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Muppet Vision 3D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom