My Mini Grand Tour

My mini Grand Tour is about to begin starting tomorrow.

We will be flying to LA in the morning, and will be spending 3 1/2 days at the Disneyland Resort. I'm very excited about this because, while I've been at WDW many times, this is my very first visit to Disneyland. I thought I'd better go now while they are still celebrating the Golden Anniversary.

Then on Tue, we fly to Orlando to continue with the rest of the week at WDW.

I'll try to post pictures during the trip.

BTW, does anyone know if it is worthwhile to make a trip to Burbank to go to the Disney Studios? I know they have a store there, but is there something else we can do, such as take a tour, etc?

Thanks!

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Mini Grand Tour Summary 3

Just a typical day on Main Street, USA.
11.JPG

Mickey is waving goodnight after a wonderful evening at the Magic Kingdom.
12.JPG

This view would be one of the most attractive reason to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
13.JPG

One of the many exhibits celebrating Walt and 50 years of Disneyland.
14.JPG

[cont....]

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Mini Grand Tour Summary 4

No argument here - Expedition Everest has become a must-ride.
15.JPG

The Yeti is there to greet you.
16.JPG

Mickey was everywhere, even at the character greetings at Epcot.
17.JPG

One of the highlights of this trip for us was certainly our first ride on the Segway. We certainly would like to do the 2hr Segway tour at Epcot on our next trip.
18.JPG

[cont....]

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Mini Grand Tour Summary 5

More gorgeous floral decorations during Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival.
19.JPG

"Red Shirt Day" at The Magic Kingdom. It's Gay Days to the rest of us.
20.JPG

On our last day, we went on Test Track again.
21.JPG

On our way out from Epcot before heading out to the airport, this was my very last photo shot for the entire trip. It's sad to go back to reality.
22.JPG

Thanks for viewing my trips. This concludes my trip report for my Mini Grand Tour. No matter how many times I go to WDW, there are always new things to do and see. This trip, of course, was extra special since we started out at the Disneyland Resort.

Look out for my next trip report, which will be in early September (Labor Day week). This will be my Pin Event trip report, since we will be attending the large pin event at Epcot. So expect plenty of pictures. It would also be nice if we can meet up with any other WDWMagic members who will also be there during that time.

Cheers!

Zz.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Glad you had a great time. I actually read ALL of your report and the pics are great. I was there during that time at WDW...I was one of the cute girls wearing a red shirt during "red shirt day" :lol: :lol:. Glad you had fun...:wave:

BTW: Us gay people call it Gay Days/Gay Disney..LOL!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Glad you had a great time. I actually read ALL of your report and the pics are great. I was there during that time at WDW...I was one of the cute girls wearing a red shirt during "red shirt day" :lol: :lol:. Glad you had fun...:wave:

BTW: Us gay people call it Gay Days/Gay Disney..LOL!

Oh, I know what it is called. I just use "Red Shirt Day" since I heard it used by one cast member to another. So I've been using it ever since.

And I was wearing red on that day too! :)

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Ciciwoowoo said:
You're pictures are so beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

You're very welcome. Glad you like it.

I hope to do the same for the next trip, especially on the pin event.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Disney's Electrical Parade

An addendum to this trip.

We recorded the Disney's Electrical Parade while we were there (I posted a few pictures of it) that is currently running at California Adventure. So this is the video of the entire parade.

Disney's Electrical Parade

You may hear what appears to be background hiss on the soundtrack. It isn't. We made a mistake of sitting next to the waterfall at DCA. So the "hissing" sound you may hear some time is the waterfall, not the tape hiss.

Enjoy!

Zz.

SewIn2Disney

Great trip report, and great pictures! I loved reading about Disneyland, and now it makes me want to go there even more!
I was in WDW the exact same days as you (and even in some of the same parks on the same days) but I'm not in the back of any pictures (that would be too weird). It was red shirt night at Pleasure Island that Sunday too. Other then that we didn't notice anything relating to Gay Days weekends. But, being younger and having lots of gay friends, it wouldn't seem so out of the ordinary to me, so maybe that's why I didn't notice anything.

Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for reporting!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Thanks for reading.

I also read your trip report and it was terrific. Wish you would have contacted me. We could have done some things together, especially the Disney Visa Character Greetings. It's a lot more fun with a larger group of people. Next time, if we happen to be there at the same time, feel free to drop a note.

If you still need help in displaying your pics on here, let me know. If you're using imageshack or photobucket sites, it shouldn't be too difficult to do that.

Zz.

Rora

Thanks for the report. It was a fun read. And, you/your camera take an awesome picture. They were beautiful. I couldn't believe how well your night pictures came out. Especially of the parade.

dandaman

ZapperZ said:
Thanks to the info that I got from someone on here, I bought and wore the t-shirt that said "Please Stand Clear of the Doors" (and the Spanish version on the back) today while at Disney/MGM Studios.

:eek:

*whips out pen & paper* Location, please? :D

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Rora said:
Thanks for the report. It was a fun read. And, you/your camera take an awesome picture. They were beautiful. I couldn't believe how well your night pictures came out. Especially of the parade.

Thanks for reading.

The night shots really isn't that big of secret. I used a tripod, had the camera (Canon DigitalElph S500) in manual mode with ISO 100 setting with no flash, set it to a 2 second delay, and viola! Decent-looking night pictures!

Ironically, the parade pictures were all hand-held. The tripod was being used for the camcorder, which resulted in the video I mentioned earlier.

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I am slowly editing videos made from this trip and putting it up on the web. I have a number of them being worked on, but this one has finally appeared online. This is the Disneyland's version of Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is the full ride video (i.e. as well as I can take it while being thrown left and right) and some of the queueing area. As you can see, the theming here is a lot more elaborate than the one you get at The Magic Kingdom.

Disneyland's Thunder Mountain Railroad

Enjoy!

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
OK, more videos from this trip uploaded and finally appearing online.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=538135385302248841&hl=en

I videotaped for the very first time during this trip the complete Wishes at The Magic Kingdom. Now, there are already plenty of Wishes videos all over the 'net, including at Google Videos. However, this one is, hopefully, different. Just like what I did with IllumiNations, I stripped the live audio, and replaced it with the original music. The soundtrack has been timed to match the original live track.

I think this time, we were far enough back on Main Street to catch the full fireworks show, but you'll be the judge of that. I'm rather pleased with what we captured, and it looks very good on a large widescreen TV.

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
OK, so you don't need to view another Expedition Everest ride video. There's already tons of them out there. Well, unfortunately, here's another one.

If you've read this trip report, you would have seen the picture that I reported in this post:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1667795&postcount=15

What I didn't tell you was that while I was diving down out of the mountain, the person next to me was videotaping the whole ride. So this video is the result of that.

Expedition Everest

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom