My mad hatter shower!

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Hi everyone :)

I wanted to post some pictures from my Mad Hatter Tea Party shower yesterday! There's more details in my blog if you're interested. My Disney wedding is themed at home - my honeymoon is at Disney. To go along w/my theme, my bridesmaids came up w/this shower idea, and it was so much fun! I highly recommend it to other brides!

The mad hatter cake (was unbelievable!):
n1087344141_41392_8025.jpg

The centerpiece - each teapot was a different color w/a different character from Alice on it:
n1087344141_41389_7137.jpg

We had eat me cookies & drink me tea cups too! Of course! I think people thought the cookies were funny...
n1087344141_41407_2603.jpg

It was a really wonderful day - and it was nice that people seemed to have fun & enjoy the theme! If you decide to have a similar shower & want any ideas, I'm happy to help! :wave:

-Jamie-

wdwmomof3

What a fun idea, and that cake looked like something from Food Network. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!:animwink:

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Thank you everyone so much!! ~

The cake was huge, way too big for 40 some people...i have a lot of leftovers, which is a good thing for me :)

It would be a great little girls bday party too! I think any bakery can make these kinds of cakes for any amount of people if you just show them a picture.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What a fun idea, and that cake looked like something from Food Network. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!:animwink:

My thoughts exactly. One of those award winning designer cakes that run into the thousands of dollars.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
:)Amazing looking cake, and theme. Congrats! i'm curious what kind of cake it was underneath.??

White cake with butter creme frosting. (it was in the blog.:eek:)

Better question: What do "Eat Me" cookies taste like?

It really does look like a cool theme! :wave:

DizneyPryncess

Original Poster
Yep the cake was just a basic white cake, and most of the frosting was buttercream. Just the decorations were fondant. The teacup on top was actually colored chocolate! I ate it after the shower :)

I wasn't expecting any of this, but my bridesmaids called my wedding planners who are my bakers/florists/decorators all in one - and since they're doing so much for the wedding, they offered to do my shower cake for a very reasonable price. In normal circumstances it would have cost too much to do it, so I feel very lucky. :eek:

The Eat Me cookies are just sugar cookies w/frosting. If anyone has an Eat N' Park restaurant in their town, that's who did them. It's just a little diner restaurant that does smiley face cookies to give to kids at dinner, but they will write anything you want on them. They're popular in Pittsburgh for birthday's, weddings, grad parties, etc. Very affordable, very yummy too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom