My idea for a Reimagined Disneyland

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Starting off with a New Tomorrowland, I will slowly re-imagineer the entirety of Disneyland and DCA, including making maps.

Untitled design (1).png

• At the entrance, the new entrance goes forward, but without Astro Orbiter, which causes a lot of pinch points
  • The spinner has been moved back on top of the PeopleMover load station
  • The PeopleMover returns with the same layout, but with covered track and WDW's ride vehicles
  • Space Ranger Spin is replaced with only the Green Mission from Mission Space
  • Star Tours remains the same
  • Carousel Of Progress is duplicated and re-installed in the Carousel Theater, where it receives tech and show updates to cause less breakdowns. The same updates happen to the WDW version of the show.
  • A shortened Autopia weaves through the next item on the list
  • Tron: Lightcycle Run is installed overtop of Autopia, which remains while weaving under the pathways and tunnels
  • Space Mountain remains the same.
  • Alien Pizza Planet is replaced with Space 220, with an updated pre-show (so to speak) to reflect its Disneyland placement
  • The Tomorrowland Theater receives Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor (the DCA ride is torn out and replaced with the Avatar Experience)
  • Finding Nemo remains the same for now, until we can come up with a fitting IP to replace it
  • The monorail station remains
  • The monorail is rerouted slightly to work around Tron
  • The railroad station remains
  • Tomorrowland Terrace remains the same.
  • The whole land is designed/redesigned to fit the futuristic aesthetic featured in the new DTD stage, the Tomorrowland Terrace Stage, and Tokyo's new Space Mountain

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
THE HUB
1704306417819.png

• Partners gets a refresh and polish
  • Some planters filled in for more walking/viewing space
  • New Tomorrowland entrance happens as previously discussed
  • Expanded waterways
  • Pixie hollow is replaced with a Preview Center showing off these concept arts, inspired by the architecture of the snack stands at Magic Kingdom's hub
  • Those horrendous fountains are removed to restore the mirror reflections of the castle

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
FANTASYLAND Part 1
Untitled design (3).png

• Fantasyland Canal Boats and Casey Jr torn out and rebuilt at nearly double scale to allow for less claustrophobia and more ride time
  • Mad Hatter torn out
  • Le Petite Chalet Gifts torn out
  • Motor Boat Cruise reopens
  • Castle Walkthrough re-worked with new art style
  • Matterhorn gets full track replacement
  • Red Rose restored to Pinnochio
Fantasyland Part 2 (Its A Small World, Toontown) coming tomorrow

Miru

Autopia’s only being spared because it’s a Day 1 ride, right? I would have gone with JII rather than M:S for the Buzz replacement.

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Autopia’s only being spared because it’s a Day 1 ride, right? I would have gone with JII rather than M:S for the Buzz replacement.
JII was too big based on my calculations
And no, I am sparing Autopia because I love autopia

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Starting off with a New Tomorrowland, I will slowly re-imagineer the entirety of Disneyland and DCA, including making maps.

View attachment 761436
  • At the entrance, the new entrance goes forward, but without Astro Orbiter, which causes a lot of pinch points
  • The spinner has been moved back on top of the PeopleMover load station
  • The PeopleMover returns with the same layout, but with covered track and WDW's ride vehicles
  • Space Ranger Spin is replaced with only the Green Mission from Mission Space
  • Star Tours remains the same
  • Carousel Of Progress is duplicated and re-installed in the Carousel Theater, where it receives tech and show updates to cause less breakdowns. The same updates happen to the WDW version of the show.
  • A shortened Autopia weaves through the next item on the list
  • Tron: Lightcycle Run is installed overtop of Autopia, which remains while weaving under the pathways and tunnels
  • Space Mountain remains the same.
  • Alien Pizza Planet is replaced with Space 220, with an updated pre-show (so to speak) to reflect its Disneyland placement
  • The Tomorrowland Theater receives Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor (the DCA ride is torn out and replaced with the Avatar Experience)
  • Finding Nemo remains the same for now, until we can come up with a fitting IP to replace it
  • The monorail station remains
  • The monorail is rerouted slightly to work around Tron
  • The railroad station remains
  • Tomorrowland Terrace remains the same.
  • The whole land is designed/redesigned to fit the futuristic aesthetic featured in the new DTD stage, the Tomorrowland Terrace Stage, and Tokyo's new Space Mountain
If ONE THING from this list could happen, I vote for the people mover.

I think Rocket Rods was the biggest mistake in the history of Disneyparks.

Not only was Rocket Rods a failure, it damaged the people mover track such that it could not be reverted back to the people mover. Very bad!

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
FANTASYLAND Part 2
1704371552419.png

Pardon the shoddy drawings, I'm doing the best I can. Remember, this is all just for fun, so please be polite!
  • Fantasyland Theater is removed and replaced with both the expanded Casey Jr/Canal Boats, and Seven Dwarves Mine Train

TOONTOWN
1704374069311.png

• Jolly Trolley is reopened
  • More hills installed, to hide the hideous backstage views of SW:GE
  • Pathway to SW:GE installed out the back of the park which replaced the treehouse
  • Roger Rabbit's is replaced with Chip And Dale's Nut Guzzlers (name still in progress), a ride in which Chip and Dale gather nuts, and something goes wrong, causing them to enter a wacky scenario. Feel free to add ideas for C&DNG below
  • Donald's Duck Pond splash pad finally opens

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
STAR WARS: GALAXY'S EDGE
1704375605052.png

• Pathway to Toontown added
  • Back of spires themed with rockwork to thematically fit the pathway
  • "Wandering" Main Street Vehicle-style ride-able characters added like was originally planned
  • Entrance from Critter Country/frontierland enhanced and made more noticeable (every time I visited, I didn't even notice it. I discovered that access point existed right now, while making this map)
  • More missions added to Smugglers' Run

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
CRITTER COUNTRY/FRONTIERLAND/ADVENTURELAND
1704379057228.png

• Annex Critter Country into Frontierland
  • Tiana's continues, but is annexed into New Orleans Square
  • Fantasmic returns, but the viewing areas are updated to cause less crowds
  • Pooh Corner gutted, connection to Winnie The Pooh closed off, and Country Bear Musical Jamboree new show from WDW is installed
  • Haunted Mansion queue refresh continues
  • Fix the railroad station since the fire
  • Jungle Cruise restored to pre-refresh version
  • Jingle Cruise returns during the holidays
  • The fort on Tom Sawyer's Island reopens to guests
  • As previously mentioned, pathway to SW:GE is enhanced and enlarged

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DCA
Hollywood Land

Apologies for shoddy map, this one was more difficult as I had to make it completely originally based off Florida's, I didn't have any existing DCA infrastructure to go off of.
1704465832982.png

• Completely demolish Hollywood Land and build a modified Pandora - The World Of Avatar
  • Annex Hyperion Theater into Avenger's Campus and install modified Rogers: The Musical
  • Reroute Red Car Trolley through Avenger's Campus as it doesn't fit, thematically, with Pandora
  • Both existing DAK Pandora rides are installed in DCA, but Na'vi is modified to have drops, more animatronics, and just overall be a more appealing experience

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Avenger's Campus
1704476895938.png

• Brown line shows rerouted trolley
  • The Spider-Man show would get more characters and more substance to become more of a crowd drawer
  • The Avengers E Ticket would finally be built, as a roller coaster, similar to the Rock N' Roller Coaster retheme in Paris
  • The side of the Hyperion, now the main entrance, would be themed to the Sanctum Sanctorum

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
GRIZZLY PEAK
1704478236900.png

• Trees are trimmed to fix forced perspective on Grizzly Peak
  • Grizzly River Run geysers fixed
  • Journey of Water - Inspired By Moana replaces Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, which at the moment feels like a simple local playground
  • Soarin' over California returns permanently, with World being the temporary show instead.

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Paradise Gardens Park area
1704716286885.png

• Replace the rough and painful Goofy's Sky School with Barnstormer, so it maintains the goofy flight training theme in a more fun, less painful style
  • Upgrade Jumpin Jellyfish to be taller, faster, more reliable, and more thrilling
  • Add more songs to Silly Symphony Swings
  • Remove Little Mermaid from Genie+
  • Restore Little Mermaid entrance to under the archways
  • Make Golden Zephyr more reliable in the wind or rain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom