My happy vacation... :)

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by mightyduck
I had a wonderful time for seven days. Highlights:

*not going to MK on an early entry day so it wasn't as crowded as last time and I got to do lots of stuff at opening

*Illuminations :)

*Blast! :)

*RnR (that's twice I've gone on it, and both times it was "Love in an Elevator/Walk This Way"--I think I would like it less if it was a different song...And I kept my eyes open this time! :))

*the friendly people I met this trip ;)

*staying on Disney property

*PI's bonus days "carpe PM" offer (5 extra days for $5 more)

*Kongaloosh! :) (and despite what Jay-Rod says, Motion... ;))

*learning how the pin event stuff works... (although some of the people who take it too seriously make it less fun--some of them seemed a bit scary)

*I found Daisy Duck! :)

*seeing ring-tailed lemurs

*the cinnimon-glazed almonds and pecans...

*an enthusiastic photographer at Epcot (as opposed to the others who don't even notice I'm not looking...)

*the new 30th anniversary merchandise is available--which I wanted to mark my own 30th :)

The Downsides:

*cranky CMs from time to time

*too much lightning--fun to watch, but it ruined the water parks idea...

*the fountain at Epcot not working (although they had walls around the whole thing on Saturday, and Tuesday the wall just stretched across the stage part)

*all the construction at the Marketplace that took out the sidewalk I needed to walk on

* the monorail breaking down...

*not getting on Spaceship Earth or a few other things because I ran out of time... :(

*rain several times I got ready for the pool and covered in sunblock...

*having to go home...

And the just plain strange...

*a British family and a Canadian family determined they should have separate "line-ups" for people from cold-weather countries so they didn't have to wait so long when it's hot

*Ok, some of the pin trading stuff still eludes me...

*I found a place where Disney cut some corners in the ladies lavatory... hmmm... that does say "coffee brewing"...

*parents letting girls over the age of 10 run through fountains in nothing but panties...I don't care how hot it is...

*the dj in the beach club... ??? that's supposed to be entertaining?

so was not meeting me there on the good side or the bad side. lol probaly the good side lmao

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Tramp

Ditto....Ditto.....Ditto

I walked by there when they were banging away and didn't look back....maybe it was the heat....the sweat.....and the headache...

BUT...if i knew Mightyduck was there, I would have spooked around and tried to snuggle up to her.

I did the exact same thing. looked at blast and walked on. too hotttttt.

sillyspook13

I thought the cast in Epcot was the cast of the touring company... Oh. Thanks, silly!
There are 2 groups that perform at Epcot. Blue group (the group Naoki is in) is the group that will move on to Broadway. White group (the group the blonde guy is in) will be touring.

sillyspook13

I saw the ad for Blast! a million times and thought, "yikes! too loud...it'll give me a headache"
LOL, I just got back from Epcot (who knew). I waited 2 1/2 hours to see the show. I saw all 4 performances. I sat in the front row every time. My throat hurts worse from all the screaming than my head does from the noise. ;)

MrPromey

Originally posted by Tramp

I'm sure we must have passed at some point in the Pin Convention...
Perhaps you may have stepped over me....or on me....I was the one passed out on the floor from waiting for two hours in those friggin lines....
The pin thing was SUPPOSE to be fun....NOT.
The locals and CMs have created businesses for themselves since they are the only ones with year-long access to the limited edition pins. The rest of us are at their mercy on Ebay.
And if you go to the World of Disney, in the Villain room, you will find locals trading their pins and waiting for unsuspecting tourists who might have a pin they need. These guys can eat me.

Seriously though, if there is anything special you ever want and I happen to be in a line, I'd be willing to consider picking something up for you… You can pretty much kiss your chances of getting a 1000 or less LE out of me this way (Sorry, but anything I have to be in line for more than 5 hours to get is mine all mine all mine ;) ) but some of the others I'd be willing to grab for you. Just let me know… If you would like to trade anything I have a bunch of stuff, too while I normally cheat the tourists, I promise to take it easy on you. :) I suggest you take a look at www.dizpins.com if you don't already know about it. Check out pinpicks (a link can be found on the main page of dizpins) to find out an very approximate value...

mightyduck

Original Poster
Re: Re: My happy vacation... :)

Originally posted by <SRH>

Just curious, what does that mean?

LOL.... Disney retrofitted automatic coffee vending machines for the ladies room... enough said...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom