My George the ghost experience

Goofyernmost

Sounds like somebody just wanted to harass CMs and was upset that they did not play along.

Quite the non-story.
Once again...reality check time...no one was harassing CM's...it was an urban legend started by CM's for the amusement of themselves and frankly I am a little scared that we even are having this discussion. Do people really believe that places are haunted? How could anyone ever have taken George seriously. If there are people out there that really believe it please leave your name, address and phone number. I have some ocean front property in Arizona that I am willing to sell at below costs to pay off the taxes that are due. Everything must go!

Tonka's Skipper

Disney has the ability to alter history....

As much as I would enjoy believing in a *George*, you are correct, no record can be found regarding the death of a construction worker in the POC in WDW.

DL maybe a different story. However I cannot find anything about that right now, but I do remember reading something about a dl *George* years ago. Since I cannot prove it, I will have to leave it in the maybe realm!

AKK

DizFiz

Well Well look at what we have another urban WDW ghost legend... It would be cool if it was true but knowing my Disney knowledge I know for sure that this is so fake. I know that the POTC breaks down regardless of the good morning greeting.

luv

I have the feeling CMs don't find out about this until some guest brings it up and the CM asks another staff member, who then explains the guest fascination with George and how some guests think the CMs talk to George.

There is no George. The staff isn't talking to George.

It's just a ghost story for people who believe in that stuff.

Marc Gil

Haha say what you want about George, but I'm still a believer!

I remember back in '09, when my cousins from California came down to Florida to visit. They soon became obsessed with ghosts after we took a ghost tour of St. Augustine. We then read dozens of sites saying that there was a ghost by the name of George living in POTC at WDW.

We soon finally visited WDW and rode Pirates. I dared my cousins to say that George wasn't real while riding. As soon as we approached the burning city scene, we yelled "I DON'T BELIEVE IN GEORGE!". Soon enough, the ride actually stopped for about 10 minutes. Even the service lights went on. It was very creepy. My cousin even said that she felt a cold breeze of air rush past her (although, I think she was just lying).

Anyway, it was a weird/creepy experience and I'll never forgot it.

Heck, it was maybe a handicapped person trying to board the boat of something, and they were just holding up the loading area.... but still....:cautious:

acishere

You guys who say George doesn't exist better be careful next time you ride PotC
image.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom