My first visit to Walt Disney World Resort

tiflow

Original Poster
Hello !

In a few weeks, i will visit the Orlando's area for the first time.
I'm staying only 4 days... :(:(:( and we want to see 3 parks and resorts... : WDW, Universal, and Busch Gardens.
We decided to visit IOA at Universal Resort because i've already been to Universal Studios Hollywood.

BUT : i have to choose only ONE park at WDW :(:(
I'm french and i live in Paris, i have a "Proximity Annual Pass" for DLRP, that's why when i went to Los Angeles, i decided not to visit Disneyland Anaheim (but Six Flags & Universal). This time, i want to visit one of the parks... my question is : WHICH ONE ? lol

I know that Walt Disney Studios Paris is very similar to MGM Disney studios (Tram Tour, Rock n Roller coaster, the new stunt show, Star Tours... but NOT YET Tower of Terror lol) and that Disneyland Park Paris is a copy of Magic Kingdom...
so should i visit Epcot ot Animal Kingdom ?

It's a veryyyy difficult choice... thank you for your help if you know the both resorts.

SummerInFL

I would visit Epcot.

Holds a lot of the Disney magic and it gives you enough to do in the one day. :) Soarin, Mission Space, Test Track and World Showcase should not be missed!

rainfully

I would have to say Epcot, hands down. Personally, I think they have a lot more to offer, and you can spend a whole day, if not, two.

I would wait until Exedition Everest is open before taking the time to head over to Animal Kingdom.

Actually, if I were you, I'd scrap Busch Gardens and IOA and spend all my time at Disney. ;) You've got guts doing all that in just 4 days!

SpectroMan

Definitely Epcot!

It is the most different from anything you will every see. Make sure to ride Spaceship Earth and see IllumiNations. I would also eat at one of the restaurants around World Showcase. They have wonderful food in all of them I have been to.

Epcot is big, and you will probably not be able to see everything. Remember to take your time and have fun.

shoppingnut

Definitely Epcot.

I would ditch Busch Gardens, it's pretty much the same as six flags parks, not to mention it is a fair distance away from Orlando. Also, Universal in Florida is very different than Universal Hollywood. Florida was built as a theme park and California as an actual studio where the attractions were just afterthoughts.

Huck

I personally love Animal Kingdom, but if you've never been to WDW and you've only got 1 park... I don't think there's anyone here who would recommend AK over Epcot.

Anyone?

tinkish

I personally would forget all the other parks and just visit WDW parks! Disney is the best!

PS. You skipped Disneyland? Awwww...:cry:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Very busy schedule.
I would also suggest skipping Busch Gardens and doing Epcot as a first choice and AK as a second. (Taking into consideration your experience with DLP and the Studios).

Although as a second thought, the WDW Magic Kingdom is sufficiently different from DLP that you would have a unique and very enjoyable time there as well without feeling like you've done it all.

tiflow

Original Poster
Thank you !!!
:) :)
i asked my friends if they want to spend the 4 days at WDW... but they really want to go the IOA for the big thrills and Busch Gardens for the new Dive Machine Sheikra (they loved Oblivion in UK)... i'm so saad :'(
But i will follow your advice and choose Epcot :)

(even if one of my friend begs us because he wants to try the Tower of Terror and not to wait for 2008 lol)

Has someone already been to DLRP and WDW to compare Disney-MGM with WDS ?

NemoRocks78

Seized
tiflow said:
We decided to visit IOA at Universal Resort because i've already been to Universal Studios Hollywood.

USF is very different from USH, although they have a couple of the same attractions. If you'll have the time, I would suggest getting a 1-day/2-park ticket and experiencing both parks (IOA isn't very big and can be done in a couple hours).

CAPTAIN HOOK

Bonjour tiflow (thats it - can't remember any more French :lol: )
First things first - If I were you I'd scrap Busch Gardens (you'll get the same sort of effect by visiting IOA and Disneys AK)
I'd also visit EPCOT as there's nothing like it in France - Iluminations has got to be the best firework display in ANY of Disneys parks.
You could still ride TOT if you decide to park hop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom