My First Time Disney Diner..

wdwwdeagle

It's funny how excited I am about Cali Grill. I really wanted to try Jiko before that, but the idea of finally getting to watch the fireworks on top of the Contemporary out weighed my choice. We should be good to see those with a 7:55p ADR, right?

I would think you'll have good timing with a before-dinner drink, a leisurely dinner, and dessert. However, if you finish your meal way before time for the fireworks, I understand that you are allowed to come back up to the Cali Grill to view the fireworks. You'll need to present your receipt to the lobby desk, and they will allow you to go back up. Haven't had to do that myself, but your server will be able to give you details.

stlbobby

If it's just you and your BF ask for the wine room when you check in. It is a special quiet room reserved for couples and small parties. It is quieter and where the best servers work. It really enhances the experience. You may have a bit longer wait, but it it is worth it and they have a great lounge to relax in.

MillerPoppins

Original Poster
If it's just you and your BF ask for the wine room when you check in. It is a special quiet room reserved for couples and small parties. It is quieter and where the best servers work. It really enhances the experience. You may have a bit longer wait, but it it is worth it and they have a great lounge to relax in.

Wow! Impressive tip. Don't they have tables with views of the castle though?

stlbobby

Wow! Impressive tip. Don't they have tables with views of the castle though?

The entire restaurant looks out over the Magic Kingdom. The wine room is on the south end of the building furthest from MK, but it has windows on two sides so you can actually see EPCOT, and Illuminations, in the distance as well as Bay Lake and MK. It is not the best spot in the venue for Wishes, but you will most likely want to head out on the observation deck for the fireworks anyway. Your servers will hold your food and watch your table while you sip wine on the balcony and watch the spectacular. Essentially the restaurant comes to a halt for Wishes and all the guests gather outside.

The advantage of the wine room is it is separated from the main dining area by glass doors. The lighting is subdued, the tables are smaller, and they do not seat families. It is quiet and romantic. The servers are outstanding, all of the servers at CG are great, but the wine room gets the cream of the crop.

If you are set on watching Wishes from your table ask for a table on the north end near the windows when you arrive. They lower the lights and the view is stunning, but really any table on the north half will provide a great view.

CG is one of the best spots for Wishes no matter where you are seated. Even the worst table is spectacular and you always have the option of the balcony which is one of the best places to be on a nice Florida evening. Even when Wishes isn't playing it is an awesome view. Be sure to step out while your waiting for your table and just enjoy a nice breeze and the beauty of MK.

MillerPoppins

Original Poster
Wow so exciting! Thank you for all the information! Makes me even more excited for the trip and this meal in particular.

828tnt

i see you just did cali! great choice! although i would HIGHLY recommend jiko! it's our fav spot on property, and we've been to most.

also, i always recommend narcoose's. shula's too, if you're looking far a great steak.

enjoy! it sounds like you're really ready for your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom