My First Solo Trip

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
1000004159.jpg

With wait times like these, who needs single rider?

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
So I'm in the train back to Amsterdam and just wanted to wrap up this thread with some final thoughts and photos.

The Good
My goodness Disneyland Park is still reining as the most beautiful castle park ever built. It doesn't matter where you stand, each direction you look at provides you with an amazing view, day and night. The cast members were friendlier than I remembered, especially in the hotels and restaurants. Virtually everything was a walk on with the exception of Crush Coaster. That didn't get below 60 minutes and the single rider line always matched the regular queue. Didn't bother too much since I tend to get a bit nauseous from it. I got to see a soft opening preview of the new Alice in Wonderland show and absolutely loved it. One of the more original performances I think. The stage is a little bit too big for the BMX performers, but this is slightly offset by the dancers in the flower costumes. The Red Queen absolutely rocked. The show looks like it could have been designed by Vivienne Westwood if she used crayons and grafitti in a Mad Max Fury Road inspired world. I'm also in LOVE with the drone show Electrical Sky Parade. Please go see it for yourself as videos do not do it justice. The scale of it is just phenomenal. Food at Walt's and Manhattan was ok, but I still prefer Agrabah Cafe so swapped my second reservation at Manhattan for that.

The Bad
There was a lot of down time. Space Mountain was down multiple times per day, the longest I've counted was longer than 3 hours. The EDRR train had several technical issues, as did Big Thunder Mountain. On Wednesday evening I saw guests leaving the ride when the train itself it got stuck on a hill. When it rains, they close all attractions that have an outdoor section, virtually running the park on 25% capacity in terms of rides. They also closed the single rider line way too many times. Space Mountain had no single rider line whenever I tried and Web Slingers only offered it once. I think this was because when the ride comes up after down time, they only allow regular standby and of course, pay-to-skip-the-line. Walt Disney Studios / Disney Adventure World was a complete mess with all the scaffolding. Felt like a construction site, which it technically is.

This was my sixth time at DLP and even though I had an amazing time, more so because of traveling solo, I will not return until all of the expansion at the studios park is completed.

Last edited:

cjkeating

I wonder if it was more than just rain (as in maybe nearby lightning? or heavy rain?) because I have been on BTMRR more than once in the rain (which is one of my favorite times to ride it).
I agree. I've been on rides in rain and snow. Chances are it was either lightning in the area of they were expecting a severe/torrential downpour than sometimes hits the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom