My first Pre-Trip report: Finally returning to Our Happy Place!!

This is my first ever pre-trip report so bare with me. My family and I have a trip planned for the week of September 17th- 26th. We will be staying at Port Orleand French Quarter and will be taking advantage of the free dining offer. Our traveling party include me (Judy), my husband (Todd), our oldest son Chris (22), his girlfriend Laura (21), our middle son Colby (19), his girlfriend Mia (19) and our youngest son Camren (8). We are celebrating 4 birthdays during our trip, My husband Todd, Mia's, mine and Laura's. I am planning to have a cake at one of our ADR's to celebrate our birthdays, I just have not decided which one yet. If anyone has done this I would appreciate feedback on your experience. So now on to the plans!

Saturday Sept. 17 - Our flight leaves around 8:30 am and arrives in Orlando around 11:30. We hope to arrive via the Magical Express around 1pm. I hope I am not off with this estimation because we have never taken dvantage of the Magical Express because we usually have a rental car. We have ressies at T-Rex at 3 pm. Our son Camren is really excited about this restaurant. He is crazy about dinosaurs so this restaurant is for him. After lunch we head over to the MK for dinner ressies at Cinderella's Royal table at 8:15. The girls are really excited about this one because neither one has ever eaten at the castle. MK closes early tonight so we will head back to the resort for a swim and then bed.

Sunday Sept. 18 - We are planning to spend most of the morning at Typhoon Lagoon and then move over to the Magic Kingdom. But first we will have breakfast at Ohana's at 7:50am. We will be having dinner at Crystal Palace at 8:15. I love this restuarant!! Very charming and the characters are great. Tonight is extra magic hours and the MK will be open until 1am!!

Monday Sept. 19- Today we will be at Hollywood Studios. No early breakfast today. I will be lucky to get kids out of bed at all after being at the MK so late. We have lunch ressies at Sci-Fi. I would have liked to eaten at the 50's Prime Time but my older kids have vetoed that restaurant because they were called out the last time we were there and decided they couldn't handle the humiliation again especially in front their girlfriends!! Tonight will also be extra magic hours at HS so we will be there until 10pm.

Tuesday Sept. 20 - We have ADR's for Chef Mickey's at 7:45am this morning. We are going to split up this morning after breakfast. My husband and sons are going to play golf and the girls are going for a Spa day!! After our activities we have to have Camren at the Pirates League for his Pirate makeover at 11:25. We will also be attending the MNSSHP this evening!! Very excited. We attended MNSSHP back in 2002 and my middle son was dressed as Prince Ali from Alladdin. During the parade Jasmine called him up and did a little dance with him and Aladdin shook his hand. Great memories!!

Wed. Sept. 21 - Today we are renting a car and doing Universal Studios. Colby and Mia will be going to Sea World for the morning so that Mia can do the Penguin experience. She is crazy about penguins and it is a dream come true for her to be able to spend some time with real penguins. We will be having lunch at Three Broomsticks and dinner at Bubba Gumps. Colby and Mia will come over to Universal once they finish with the penguins.

Thurs. Sept. 22 - Today is another wonderful day at Typhoon Lagoon and then Downtown Disney. We have breakfast ressies at 1900 Park Fare at 8:15am. We will spend most of that day at Typhoon Lagoon and then we have dinner ressies at Cape May Cafe at 8:25. After dinner we are going to try the Characters in Flight and then Disney Quest.

Friday Sept. 23 - Today we will spend the day at Animal Kingdom. We have breakfast ADR's at Donald's Breakfastasaurous at Tusker House at 8 am which means that as soon as breakfast is over we can head on over to Expedition Everest and hopefully be first in line for one of the many rides we will be taking with the Yeti that day. My kids LOVE this ride and I have to admit so do I!! We will have lunch at Rainforest Cafe at 1:45. After the park closes we will head back to Downtown for dinner ressies at The House of Blues at 7:15. We have never eaten here and have always wanted to. We are from the south and my husband loves anything cajun so the menu looks right up his alley. Don't know if we will call it a night after dinner and go back to the resort for a swim or just hang out and do a little shopping. Will have to play this one by ear.

Sat. Sept. 24 - Finally our Epcot day has arrived. Because I am usually the only girl on the trip, I don't get to do things that involve the Princess'. So I am taking advantage of having the other girls with me and we will be having breakfast at Akershus with the Princess' at 8am. We will be having dinner at Coral Reef at 8:20pm. I know we will miss Illuminations but it's ok because it is not one of my family's favorites. After park closing we will head back to the resort and swim and then off to bed.

Sunday Sept. 25 - Last full day!! UGGh!! We will follow tradition and spend the last day at the Magic Kingdom. We have reservations at Kona Cafe at 8:35. We have never eaten here but I have heard wonderful things about the Tonga toast so I have to try it. We will then head over to the MK. We have lunch ressies at Crystal Palace at 2pm. Tonight is also extra magic hours at the Kingdom tonight. We are going to try to stay as late as possible but we have a VERY early flight the next morning. We will have to leave for the airport around 5 or 5:30.

Monday Sept. 26 - Well as stated before we have an EARLY flight at 7:30am. Back to reality!! Home in time for class!!

Hope you enjoyed my long pre-trip report. I can't wait to return to our "Happy Place". It's been a few years and I really am ready for a recharge!! Can't wait for this one! It's always fun to see the World through someone elses eyes. This will be the very first trip for my middle son's girlfriend Mia. Hopefully after this trip she will be as "addicted" to the magic as the rest of us!! Thanks for reading!! Now nothing left to do but the waiting!!:hammer::brick::wave:

DisneyHamm

Your pre-trip plans sound wonderful. Just want to point out one thing that you may already know. The T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe are not on the DDP that you state you are on. We looked online and the restaurants stated they were, but when calling to actually book them we were told they were not. Of course you can always go and P.o.o.P. (Pay out of Pocket).

LuvsDisney2006

Original Poster
Your pre-trip plans sound wonderful. Just want to point out one thing that you may already know. The T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe are not on the DDP that you state you are on. We looked online and the restaurants stated they were, but when calling to actually book them we were told they were not. Of course you can always go and P.o.o.P. (Pay out of Pocket).
Thank you. Yeah, unfortunately I know that Rainforest and T-Rex are not on the dining plan. I actually have several that we will pay out of pocket. It's ok though, my children really want to eat at these places so their wish is my command. I'm not complaining at all because I usually pay out of pocket for all of my reservations, so to get some of them included is great for me. Can't wait until September!!!

JohnnyDollaz89

very nice PTR im going down in July and i made my 1st ever TR the other day i was hoping it turned out good but i enjoyed reading this one alot!

MEyeSeeKayEY

We have breakfast ADR's at Chef Mickey's on September 20th at 8:00am! I bet we will see each other there. That day is our Anniversary, and what better way to start it off than at Chef Mickey's!?! Hope to see you there...

tink65

Enjoyed reading your pre-trip report! We will be staying at POFQ Sept 22-Oct 1st. This will be our first visit to this resort. My DD & DH don't know we are staying here. I upgraded from Pop Century to POFQ as a surprise to them! Maybe we'll see you all there!

oommggitskait

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! I just wrote my first PTR as well! (link in my signature) It really makes you so much more excited for your trip, doesn't it??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom