My first post...advice needed

SAVN4DISNEYTRIP

Hello everyone! I've been reading posts on this forum for a few months now and I've really learned alot. Thanks!

I'm planning on brining my girlfriend to the U.S. (from Nigeria) to visit my family and Walt Disney World over the Christmas holidays. I have already made reservations at the Contemporary (through Shades of Green).

This will be my girlfriends first time to the U.S. and I can't think of a better place to take her than the "Happiest place on Earth."

Now I need some advice. What is the absolutely, positively, do not miss attraction, dining event, photo op I should make sure we do that would best sum up the magic that is Disney?

31 Days till Disney!!!!!!!!

MichRX7

Premium Member
Booking a reservation at the California Grill one hour before the fireworks start would be the optimum magical adult Disney dining experience I can think of off-hand.

It really is an amazing experience. I haven't done it with the new Wishes display, but previous displays they dim the lights in the restaurant and pump in the narrarator feed from the Magic Kingdom. Than the fireworks are literally at eye level as you eat your dessert (if you still have room).

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

Scope out a good spot for Illuminations. While waiting for the show to start, get a couple of cups of hot chocolate. You might also want to try and get a couple of tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom it's awsome!

Upvote 0

Davie

Epcot's Illuminations and the Candle Light Processional are great. Plus Wishes at the Magic Kingdom!

Have a great trip, December is one of my favorite times to visit.

Upvote 0
Sci-Fi Café Drive In Movie Restaurant at Disney Studios is great, but you may have to share one of the car themed tables with other people. Also you could try to do the "Dinner and a show" reservation, check the Disney books at BORDERS or book stores for restaurants that do it at MGM for Fantasmic! That is a great show.

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
remember

Remember, she's a first timer.

Don't rush through stuff. Make it magical. The way you do that is by going slow.

Take tons of pictures. Castle pics and character pics are great.

Eat in the castle at Cindy's Royal Table. It's great atmosphere, good food.

You can't go wrong, you're going to Disney World!:sohappy:

Upvote 0
Actually WDW is the happiest place on earth. Cali is barely half the size of WDW, with all the parks, water parks, shopping, and resorts. It is the biggest Disney resort and the most visited...(according to the attendance in 1998 where Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and MGN were the top three most visited amusment parks)

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

AAAAAAAAAAAAH! Don't start with the "happiest place on earth debate!" :lol: OY!

I'd say a picture with the bronze Mickey and Walt statue in front of the castle would be fabulous. And then, of course, a picture with the mouse himself. :) Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Originally posted by HM999thGhost
Actually WDW is the happiest place on earth. Cali is barely half the size of WDW, with all the parks, water parks, shopping, and resorts. It is the biggest Disney resort and the most visited...(according to the attendance in 1998 where Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and MGN were the top three most visited amusment parks)

Disneyland has always been the happiest place on earth. Walt Disney World is where Magic Lives. Also the most visited Disney park was Tokyo Disneyland.

Upvote 0

stingrock23

Take time to experience and take in the great atmosphere. Make sure to see Pirates of the Caribbean and haunted mansion, 2 classics.
Experience World Showcase

Take a photo by each park entrance

have a good time!

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

The classics are a must ride like pirates of the caribbean,haunted manssion,space mountain,carousel of progress and small world. The place i recomend for dinning is cinderellas royal table.(make sure u ask for a window seat and make reservations to eat there during fireworks time it will be an unforgettable experience.) And of course a visit to disney would not be comlplete without a picture with mickey, also the the entrance photos at every park they come out great.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

As you enter the Magic Kingdom and head down Main Street towards the castle, you will see roving Disney photographers. They will be MORE THAN HAPPY to take a picture of the two of you with the castle in the background! The best thing about the photo is that it will have Disney characters "appearing" in the photo around you - but not blocking the castle. The last time we did this, it cost about $14. You can see the finished photo later the same day, and decide then whether or not you want to purchase it - but I'll bet you'll love it!

Also, don't be shy about asking other people to snap a picture of you two with your camera. We always do that - and we offer our services as photographers to lots of other families, too!

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Lilo

I suggest a walk through EPCOT so she can experience other cultures besides USA. The food is excellent and she might enjoy seeing all the shows they offer. Off Kilter at the Le Celliers is fun (Canada), Morocco, etc. Dinner at the Living Seas is a great experience too. I'm sorry there is too much to list for her to see. Just do what feels comfortable. Don't overdo anything in one day.

Have a great time:sohappy:

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:D "All" of these suggestions are great! One thing you forgot to tell us is how long you will be here to enjoy the magic? That will make a difference in your time schedule and plans.

No matter what your time schedule is (number of days) you really shoud see Fantasmic, Illuminations and of course Wishs, Spectromagic, if you enjoy parades.

Yes, I agree going slow and watching the enjoyment on a first timers face is "the best"!!

After checking in, get all the maps and take time to review each park and check the things that are the most importantant to see at each place. A plan is always great-- but beware :lol: it sometimes does not work-- :D Ha Ha
However, having fun! and making lifelong memories is the most important, and special thing!

Do you have a video camera?? If so, take lots of video and pictures, pictures, pictures, of course! ( It sure helps when you get homesick ) Have a wonderful time! We will all be waiting for your trip report! Be safe and Enjoy!!! :sohappy: :D :wave:

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
Originally posted by pepsistar
[BAfter checking in, get all the maps and take time to review each park and check the things that are the most importantant to see at each place.[/B]

This is great advice and I even recommend taking it one step further. If you look around the web (and even on Disney's site) you will find many places with great maps you can look over or print before you even leave. Familiarizing yourself with places to go and routes to get there will make things much less confusing.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
For starters I would suggest going to the Hoop de Doo dinner show on your first night. I would also suggest that you have dinner at one of the fine restaurants located in Epcot. In Epcot I would suggest that you do not miss Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission Space or the American Adventure show. Make sure that you watch Illuminations also which will go off at Park closing time.

In MGM I would suggest that you take in Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Rock and Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. I would suggest dining at the Hollywood Brown Derby or the 50's Prime Time. The Stars and their Motor Cars Parade is a nice thing to see also. (Just make sure you find a seat along the parade route at least an hour in advance) Fantasmic is a must see also.

In the Animal Kingdom I would suggest that you see It's a Bug's Life. I would also suggest that you do the Kilamanjaro Safari's ride along with Primevil Whirl, Kali River rapids and Dinosaur for not to miss attractions. If you have the time I would try to see Tarzan and the Lion King shows also. I would suggest the Rain Forest Cafe as someplace to eat there for lunch and then take the bus over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge so that you can enjoy Boma's for dinner.

At the Magic Kingdom, I would suggest that you take in the Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Mickey's Philharmonic, the Teacups, and the Haunted Mansion. The Share a Dream Come True Parade is beautiful and you should try to see it. I would also highly recommend the night time parade Spectro Magic followed by the fireworks. You can get the park hours and parade/show times from the disney.com site.

I know that I have probably missed some not to miss items, so please forgive me.

Have a wonderful time!

Pam

Upvote 0

SAVN4DISNEYTRIP

Original Poster
Thank you!

Thanks for all the great advice!

We'll be there from 15 to 19 Dec so it seems like we have plenty of time to relax and take our time enjoying everything. I've considered adding two more days (13-14 Dec) but I'm not sure.

I'll be staying with my family after the trip so you can expect a trip report by 21 Dec!

Are there any rumors or suspected hidden Mickey's anyone wants me to look for? Just let me know!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom