My Excellent Vacation

Disneylove40

Original Poster
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I just returned from my first vacation to Disney in about 15 years. I was so excited I wanted to find a place to talk with other Disney fans.

I had been to Disney several times in the 80's and early 90's, but hadn't been back in a while, and boy was surprised how everything had changed.

I used to love Disney, but things were so much better this time than ever before. I'd never even seen the Animal Kingdom and it was awesome. A good combination of thrill rides and other activities. I loved Everest, The Bugs, and the Safari. Dinosaur and The Whirl were great too. I was especially impressed by the shows Nemo and Lion King really knocked my socks off.

At MGM The Toy Story Game was amazing, but the lines were sooooo long. I'd only gotten to do Twilight Zone Tower once before and I had forgotten just how great it is, from the time you walk up you are in the story and it is scary. The Aerosmith coaster was new to me and I loved it. Again the shows were awesome Beauty and the Beast almost made me cry, the Mermaid Show was great with the puppets, and I loved the stunt Cars. Fantasia! was a great way to end the night. It was nice to see the Muppets too.

At Disney itself I had soooo much fun and I was surprised at all the new stuff. I loved how they added Johnny Depp to the Pirates and the Buzz Lightyear game was so much fun to play. At first I was sad to see Mr. Toad gone, but the Pooh ride more than made up for it. All of the classics were there too The Jungle Cruise, Runaway Mountain Train, It's a Small World After All, the Country Bears, and Splash Mountain, I'd forgotten how long a ride it was, and the Tiki Birds were way better but still a classic. I was surprised to see the Sky Carts gone. By far one of my favorites though was Monsters Inc. It was amazing that they could annimate the characters as they were talking. I went three times and all three shows were totally different. It all ended with great fireworks.

But my biggest surprise was at EPCOT Center. It is actually fun now. They added some great thrill rides and brought some character to the countries by adding characters. LOL I really enjoyed it for the first time. It was great to get pictures taken with some of my favorite characters in the countries and there was actually things to do in the front of the park. Space was one of the best rides I've ever been on, the Test Track was just like the old place only with a really fun ride added. I'm glad they changed The Imagination ride and got rid of Dreamfinder, he was creepy, but kept Figment. I love Figment. The Ocean was so cool with Nemo and Crush. Again Crush was cool with the annmation, but not as fun as when they insulted everyone at Minsters Inc. Soarin' was awesome. I was going to skip this park, but I'm so glad I didn't.

I was also impressed by the food. I expected, like Six Flaggs to pay $12 dollars for the same McDonald's I get at home, but instead I actually got a nice meal, it was expensive, not as expensive as Six Flaggs, but I got way more than I expected. When we did have sit down meals we got to hang out with characters and eat way more great food than I could even stand.

I am just so glad I finally got back to Disney. I can't wait to go again. It used to be just another amusment park, but now it is so much more. There's real magic there.

Thanks for reading all my stuff.

Dave

CAPTAIN HOOK

I don't know whether this thread is a wind up (as so many of the ride names are incorrect) or whether you're just rusty with not having visited WDW in 15 years.

Welcome aboard anyway :wave:

The Empress Lilly

If it's for real, then I'm glad you had such a splendid time, and welcome to this forum! :wave:

Your post, however, reads like a TDO management spin of many of long time visitors complaints.
Or as a little wind-up by an experienced Disney forum dweller. :lol:

EaglesfanNJ

If it's for real, then I'm glad you had such a splendid time, and welcome to this forum! :wave:

Your post, however, reads like a TDO management spin of many of long time visitors complaints.
Or as a little wind-up by an experienced Disney forum dweller. :lol:

Can someone tell me what a "wind-up" would be? :shrug:

tampabrad

A "wind up" is posting something to get people "wound up" by by introducing certain "hot" topics or posting a little misinformation here and there.

IE. It is no longer EPCOT Center. It is not Disney, it is Magic Kindgom. "Six Flaggs" is Six Flags. Saying you are glad they got rid of Dreamfinder ect.

To the OP, glad you had a great trip!!!!

The Empress Lilly

Can someone tell me what a "wind-up" would be? :shrug:
The OP is winding up fans by stating the opposite of what we, and perhaps (s)he, really thinks. That is, taking long-standing complaints about changes in WDW, and then complimenting Disney on theses changes. With just the right amount of spelling mistakes and wrong names thrown in to sound innocent. :D

Fizbain32

We Just returned from a wonderful trip ourselves! Some time ago someone had posted the idea of using QIK to stream live from WDW. I was able to get QIK working with my phone a streamed some items. I was going to post it in the WDW Live thread but am unable to start a new thread.

So my question would be, where would be the correct place to post something like this? Does it break any forum rules?

If you would like to see the save streams they are at qik.com/fizbain32

Remember this was live from a cell phone so it's gonna be a bit grainy and choppy.

cowanfamily

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I got to admit though a few things (alot of things) sound off just enough to fire people up around here. I personally liked the MGM reference.
I also love ending the night with Fantasia(Fantasmic)

LoriMistress

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I just returned from my first vacation to Disney in about 15 years. I was so excited I wanted to find a place to talk with other Disney fans.

I had been to Disney several times in the 80's and early 90's, but hadn't been back in a while, and boy was surprised how everything had changed.

I used to love Disney, but things were so much better this time than ever before. I'd never even seen the Animal Kingdom and it was awesome. A good combination of thrill rides and other activities. I loved Everest, The Bugs, and the Safari. Dinosaur and The Whirl were great too. I was especially impressed by the shows Nemo and Lion King really knocked my socks off.

At MGM The Toy Story Game was amazing, but the lines were sooooo long. I'd only gotten to do Twilight Zone Tower once before and I had forgotten just how great it is, from the time you walk up you are in the story and it is scary. The Aerosmith coaster was new to me and I loved it. Again the shows were awesome Beauty and the Beast almost made me cry, the Mermaid Show was great with the puppets, and I loved the stunt Cars. Fantasia! was a great way to end the night. It was nice to see the Muppets too.

At Disney itself I had soooo much fun and I was surprised at all the new stuff. I loved how they added Johnny Depp to the Pirates and the Buzz Lightyear game was so much fun to play. At first I was sad to see Mr. Toad gone, but the Pooh ride more than made up for it. All of the classics were there too The Jungle Cruise, Runaway Mountain Train, It's a Small World After All, the Country Bears, and Splash Mountain, I'd forgotten how long a ride it was, and the Tiki Birds were way better but still a classic. I was surprised to see the Sky Carts gone. By far one of my favorites though was Monsters Inc. It was amazing that they could annimate the characters as they were talking. I went three times and all three shows were totally different. It all ended with great fireworks.

But my biggest surprise was at EPCOT Center. It is actually fun now. They added some great thrill rides and brought some character to the countries by adding characters. LOL I really enjoyed it for the first time. It was great to get pictures taken with some of my favorite characters in the countries and there was actually things to do in the front of the park. Space was one of the best rides I've ever been on, the Test Track was just like the old place only with a really fun ride added. I'm glad they changed The Imagination ride and got rid of Dreamfinder, he was creepy, but kept Figment. I love Figment. The Ocean was so cool with Nemo and Crush. Again Crush was cool with the annmation, but not as fun as when they insulted everyone at Minsters Inc. Soarin' was awesome. I was going to skip this park, but I'm so glad I didn't.

I was also impressed by the food. I expected, like Six Flaggs to pay $12 dollars for the same McDonald's I get at home, but instead I actually got a nice meal, it was expensive, not as expensive as Six Flaggs, but I got way more than I expected. When we did have sit down meals we got to hang out with characters and eat way more great food than I could even stand.

I am just so glad I finally got back to Disney. I can't wait to go again. It used to be just another amusment park, but now it is so much more. There's real magic there.

Thanks for reading all my stuff.

Dave

I loved your report! Thank you for sharing. It's great to read a positive review on Disney.

Disneylove40

Original Poster
I loved your report! Thank you for sharing. It's great to read a positive review on Disney.

Thanks for the happy note.

I have to say I'm a bit surprised. After reading the responses to my post, I read some other threads and I couldn't believe how negative everyone is. I guess I just expected gushing over Disney and not so much anger over everything.

To others I'm sorry I didn't use the official names of things and got mixed up on stuff, I've been calling it Fantasia! and not Fantasmic! since I got back, now I feel dumb.

I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Aw. That makes me sad. Disneylove40, I loved your post, and wanted to tell you that it makes me happy to see someone rediscover something that people on this forum love so much. When I read your post, I read it along the lines of someone just so overwhelmed with happiness that you just had to express it. I'm sure when you posted your thread, you had hopes of everyone sharing in your enthusiasm. Well, I really enjoyed your post and hope that you continue to look through rose colored glasses at the place that so many of us would like to call 'home'.
Don't be discouraged about posting again. This is a great place for all things Disney and would hate for you to feel uncomfortable. Welcome to the boards and would love to see some of your pictures from your trip on the Picture of the Day threads.
Welcome and am glad you had such a great trip!:wave:

rodserling27

I have to say I'm a bit surprised. After reading the responses to my post, I read some other threads and I couldn't believe how negative everyone is. I guess I just expected gushing over Disney and not so much anger over everything.

To others I'm sorry I didn't use the official names of things and got mixed up on stuff, I've been calling it Fantasia! and not Fantasmic! since I got back, now I feel dumb.

No offense on this end, I'm glad you had a fantasmic time at WDW. Despite the fact that I vehemently disagree with many of the changes you listed, I'm glad to know that it made your experience even better than I would have thought. Thanks for sharing!!

Edit: And you're correct. There IS real magic at Walt Disney World :)

memster

Well I personally enjoyed your trip report...I'm going in August and hearing great reports like this one makes me look forward to my trip. Thanks again :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom