My Dream Job

Kevi

Original Poster
All my life I've wanted to be a performer and within the past few years I've set my sight on Disney World and nothing in this world would mean more to me than to be a dancer or actor or singer in one of the parks (preferably MK or Epcot).

I'm only 16 and I have got some time, but what is the fastest way to get hired?

What are some prerequisites?

wdwmomof3

I wish you the best of luck. My 15 year old daughter took drama this year and fell in love with it and she is really good too, if I do say so myself. I think that it is great to set a goal and work as hard as you can to achieve it. It is not to early to start looking into all of you options. There is no better job than doing something that you love to do.:)

Kevi

Original Poster
Choices...

Well, I know I am a bass and all of the guys in the performances I've seen are tenors, and I don't want to be in the ensembles situated around the parks.

I was at MK last weekend and I watched the dancers I the parade and I don't want to be rude, but I could do just a good job as them.

wdwmomof3

I was so inspired by the people in the new Nemo Musical. They looked like they were having so much fun but they were working so hard. There is so much talent in that show. :)

sandybobandy

Well, I know I am a bass and all of the guys in the performances I've seen are tenors, and I don't want to be in the ensembles situated around the parks.

I was at MK last weekend and I watched the dancers I the parade and I don't want to be rude, but I could do just a good job as them.

I wish you well in your journey, but please remember being humble may take you further than any talent you have.

kcw

All my life I've wanted to be a performer and within the past few years I've set my sight on Disney World and nothing in this world would mean more to me than to be a dancer or actor or singer in one of the parks (preferably MK or Epcot).

I'm only 16 and I have got some time, but what is the fastest way to get hired?

What are some prerequisites?

It depends on exactly what you want to do. There are basically two groups that do the performing around the park, the actual WDW entertainment department, and then the Equity union that supports actors, dancers, and singers. The character performers and the dancers in the parade are entertainment dept. Everyone else- the dancers in the castle show & christmas shows, streetmosphere actors at the studios, actors/singers in Finding Nemo, actors in World Showcase, (and I'm sure I'm still missing a few) are all equity. If you want to do ent, then you'll have to go to a regular audition. If you want to do equity, they have specific auditions once every months I believe. If you already do a lot of acting, singing, performing or whatever, then it would probably be beneficial to work on getting your Equity card. In the long run though, having your card has its pros and cons in the entertainment business though.

Keep in mind when watching parades that they are not choreographed to be technically difficult. Instead, they are performed to be eye pleasing and interactive with the guests. No, you will not see performers doing quads, or fouettes, or switch leaps or whatever else- but that isn't to say that can't, or that they're not good dancers- so don't judge them by that. It just means that to be a parade performer, you have to be able to perform well. If you want more technical dancing, look into Equity- but remember that is still more about the show and the presence on stage- you still are not going to get tremendously difficult choreography.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom