My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party

mike45248

Original Poster
Is this worth the $$ to take a 3 year old to? She adores Aurora and plays dress up every day and pretends to have lunch with her and other princesses at her play kitchen. She would go with Mom while I would spend time with 6 year old son I guess at the park. I know she would not remember it later on in life, but mom would take pictures and Daughter would enjoy the moment now.

happymom52003

Is this worth the $$ to take a 3 year old to? She adores Aurora and plays dress up every day and pretends to have lunch with her and other princesses at her play kitchen. She would go with Mom while I would spend time with 6 year old son I guess at the park. I know she would not remember it later on in life, but mom would take pictures and Daughter would enjoy the moment now.

It is definitely overpriced, but for me and my daughter (age 3 1/2) it was worth it!

You are so right...your daughter would enjoy the moment now. It always bugs me when people use the excuse "but they won't remember it". Life is about experiences, regardless of how old you are. All of our expereinces shape who we are...including those we can't remember from our childhood!

I wrote about our time at the tea party in my recent trip report (December 2008)....you can find the link to the report in my signature if you would like to read about the tea party and see some pictures from it.:wave:

ThinkTink721

YES!...It is worth it!
I took my daughter there when she was 4 on her first visit to WDW.
She had the most wonderful time!
Even though I know she probably does not remember it (she is 6 1/2 now)...she looks fondly at the pictures of her dancing around w/ Princess Aurora in her princess gown & crown.
However, she does remember the tea (apple juice) & the cake.
She still has her Disney Aurora doll & the crown she received at the party.

It was priceless!

The next year we did Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Cinderella's Castle - it was wonderful too (she does remember that one).
Last year we did The Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian - also wonderful!

BTW - Your 6 year old son may enjoy the Pirate Cruise where they take a group of children on a boat to an island to search for buried treasure. My boys did this on their first visit & they really enjoyed it.

:wave:

Phonedave

I have never done these with my kids, but.....

My now 7 year old suprises me every so often with the things she remembers from when she was 3 or 4. She will say "remember the time ...." and then I am the one who has to try and remember what she is talking about. There is an awfull lot she remembers from our WDW trips when she was still in a stroller. (Her 10 y/o sister too)

-dave

mike45248

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice

Thanks for all the advice. They will do it now and Thanks tink for leading us to the Pirate adventure for Luke. He will love it. Jut hope we can do both Tea party and Pirate adventure the same morning. Thanks All again:wave:

ThinkTink721

Thanks for all the advice. They will do it now and Thanks tink for leading us to the Pirate adventure for Luke. He will love it. Jut hope we can do both Tea party and Pirate adventure the same morning. Thanks All again:wave:

Both the Tea Party & the Pirate Cruise are at the GF.
The Tea Party is actually in a room directly off the lobby & the marina where the pirate cruise begins & ends is not very far.

Have fun!!!

:wave:

ali_cat_3

any one have a link ???

I'm taking my cousins in may for their first Disney world trip and both of these sound like great fun!!!! Anyone have a link where i can find more info / prices of these activities?????

pinkcroc

From the age of 3 on, my kids remember practically everything about our visits to Disney World. They probably remember more than my husband and me. The bibbety bobbety boutique is sych a racket, but my daughter (3 at the time) had the best day ever. We'll definitely do that one again and may try the pirate cruise too.

Here's a like for the Grand Floridian Events. Hope it it ok to post here.

http://allears.net/pl/grandadven.htm

BelleGurl

Hm, I've never been there. But I have heard a bit of bad reviews. Such as the food is not that good. The kids get Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches & Apple Juice. Along with Grapes, etc. While the adults get Pastries & Tea. Then you get one slice of cake. I have also heard that the sandwiches are stale sometimes. I have heard the cake is yummy. The kids also get a doll, crown, rose, scrapbook, and bracelet. Overall, the food does not seem to be too good. But, if your looking for a magical time to spend with your child, it does seem to be good.

So yeah, I say it would probably be worth it. The food does not matter, just the memories. Plus you get lots of gifts!:)

happymom52003

Hm, I've never been there. But I have heard a bit of bad reviews. Such as the food is not that good. The kids get Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches & Apple Juice. Along with Grapes, etc. While the adults get Pastries & Tea. Then you get one slice of cake. I have also heard that the sandwiches are stale sometimes. I have heard the cake is yummy. The kids also get a doll, crown, rose, scrapbook, and bracelet. Overall, the food does not seem to be too good. But, if your looking for a magical time to spend with your child, it does seem to be good.

So yeah, I say it would probably be worth it. The food does not matter, just the memories. Plus you get lots of gifts!:)

True, the food is not good. Except for the cake...it was soooo yummy:slurp:! They could do so much better with the food given the price they charge.

But that being said, the experience is amazing. You just have to go into it knowing you are paying for the experience, not for the food. But it is not a meal afterall....the party is at 10:00 a.m. That is still no excuse for such low quality food, but I would have been more upset if the food they served was for lunch or dinner.

kitten2299

I had thought about doing this for my DD but after reading more on it Aruora only comes in at the last 15-20 mins for a quick photo op with each child its Rose Petal who is there for the whole party and does the story reading and games. I thought it would be better to do the princess meals so we did lunch at the castle and the one in EPCOT and DD loved them bothand we saw Aurora both places and got a full meal out of it! Whatever you do I hope you have a great time and please let us know about it!!

Dollysmama

Yes, I would Go.. PLan on Taking My 3 year old in June, Great Mama Daughter Time.. Just Her and I are going to go, Meet up with son and Hubby later..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom