My Disney Experience system status and outages watch

twilight mitsuk

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF

But what will he do for 3 hours without any webpages to eat???

Book a trip to Universal?
1711333002227.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not making excuses but have you heard of any IT system that doesn't require it being taken down for maintenance? I haven't. I've seen that for my banking institution, state HR system, state retirement system, etc. I could go on.
It's perfectly normal to take systems down for maintenance. I routinely did so on the systems I administered.

Doing so in the middle of YOUR BUSIEST TIME OF YEAR seems kind of naïve and foolhardy, especially with Disney IT's track record...

Bring back the good old days when you could call customer service and book a hotel at 4 AM.

Admittedly, very few people in the US are making reservations between 0300 and 0600. But if something goes worng bringing the systems back up, they're risking potential bookings and sales until they can get it to come back up cleanly. It's still Spring Break, and people might still be looking to come down this or next week and they'll need tickets, rooms, meals, etc.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not making excuses but have you heard of any IT system that doesn't require it being taken down for maintenance? I haven't. I've seen that for my banking institution, state HR system, state retirement system, etc. I could go on.

The problem isn't taking a system down for maintenance. The problem is taking down a public-facing system with hours of notice. Like I said - unless this is emergency maintenance, this is bush league IT change management. We had a core system down for 2 days for emergency maintenance because of significant flaws that were discovered (not that I'm giving away any insider knowledge, right, Ivanti? ;) ). But those flaws posed a real and significant threat to our business and we were up front and open with the business about it. Unless whatever was needed was recently discovered and posed a threat to Disney's internal systems, this should have been announced well in advance. It wasn't.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Don't know if it's just me, but I can't get reservation details for a late-September stay at the CR Theme-park view tower room. I wonder if that's "hangover" from Monday morning's maintenance...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom