My DHS

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Hello fellow future Imagineers! I am planning on making my own mockup of a revitalized DHS. On this thread I will post one (or more) of my lands for the park every week and I would like to here everyone's ideas for the land. After I have gone over everything I will combine some of the best ideas into the park, make a map, and put the complete concept on this forum. This will be fun!

TDF

Goodbye hat… hello new and improved Chinese Theater or other theater. I remember reading somewhere that Disney doesn’t have the rights anymore so they technically can’t use it. I would also redo GMR and make it include the latest movies. Stores would be updated with new and improved layouts. Electronic wait time board.

Tip Top Club

The Chinese theater thing is a myth. So let's put that to rest.

I don't personally hate the hat, I just hate it's location, what about moving to to the front of the park, outside the turnstiles where the banner is with the film pieces?

One thing I would like to see, if you are planning on doing a HUGE park-wide DCA style renovation, I'd love to see some modern celebrities added to the Footprint Area outside GMR in a re-dedication ceremony. That's all I would do to change the exterior of GMR.

As far as a the Interior of GMR, I would spend most of the money replacing outdated Animatronics. Imagine a New Wicked Witch, a gangster car that work's constantly, and better faces for the celebrity guests! That's about all I would do. I think it would also be a great opportunity to replace the Footlight Parade, Fantasia, and Tarzan Segments. And of course update the finale film as well, and decorate the room to look like a movie theater.

I think the store layouts are fine, and the exteriors still look great. I would absolutely not like an electronic wait time board because it's out of theme, Hollywood and Sunset take place in the Golden Age of Hollywood, Remember.

If you consider adding anything, I might consider something like Cinemagique. Another ride that celebrates movies in General.

Anyway, that's just one person's opinion off the top of my head.

TDF

As long as the theater thing is a myth keep it, I love it! I agree about hat. It is just in a terrible location. Move it out of sight like the water tower or upfront. I would love to see it upfront with some decorations for the holiday’s! Only reason I want to update store layouts is because they are small and find it hard to go through sometimes. Make a general path and then have stuff to the left and right of the path. I went with electronic wait sign so it is up to date all the time. I’m sure if imagineers think for once they could come up with something great that fits into the theme. For GMR I would love to actually submit ourselves into some other Disney movies. Let’s include some favorite Pixar movies… imagine floating around with Wall-E or walking through the jungle with the Lion King. I also think the old scarier movies should be removed to make it more family friendly. Kill me if you want but Disney would obviously do it anyway.
- Justin

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
[quote="Tip Top Club, post: 5285909, member: 61111,] I would absolutely not like an electronic wait time board because it's out of theme, Hollywood and Sunset take place in the Golden Age of Hollywood, Remember.[/quote]
I was going to say that. I love the authentic look of it.

Matt7187

I have a list of movies on another thread that I can post soon!
Here it is:
-the dark knight
-updated Mary poppins
-inception
-star wars
-Indiana jones
-nightmare on elm street
-toy story
-Forrest gump
-miracle
-shawshank redemption
-godfather
-wizard of oz (updated)
-new finale which is I think was originally planned for it, but I'm not sure. It is having all the AA's from te ride bow as a farewell! Also, there will never be a replacement guide, so the hijacking is gone.
Please give critiques on my selections! :)

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
For GMR:

Titanic Replaces Tarzan

Charlie Chaplin Replaces Footlight Parade (He's really the first movie Star)

Toy Story Replaces Fantasia (First Full-length Computer Animated Film)

Thoughts?
I love this list. I feel like Charlie Chaplin should be represented more throughout the park. @Matt7187 I think your list was a bit lengthy and I don't think they fully represented the fantastic world of film.

Turtle

Okay the next land would be Sunset Boulevard. What would you change?
Well... many people will hate on me for this idea but. Unless Soarin' changes to flying over the world or America.

I think that Soarin' Over California would fit in Sunset Boulevard replacing Beauty and the Beast show

TDF

I would as well get rid of Beauty and the Beast but do not like the idea of Soarin’ in DHS… just doesn’t fit. I cannot think of something to replace Beauty and the Beast though. Something more family friendly and a ride for sure.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Soarin' is an interesting idea, but I don't think it fits in with DHS. To replace BatB I would enclose the theatre as an entire dome. Guests would be surrounded by a domed 360° Circle-Vision screen. This would be an updated Cinemagique show from DLP with a new film, still hosted by Martin Short. Otherwise on Sunset, I would just refurbish the rest of the street and give Rock 'n' Roller Coaster a real facade.

ctxak98

Have any of you seen footlight Parade? Because If its part of the Musical Segment KEEP IT. I took a film history class this semester and It was fascinating and you have no idea how important those Back stage musicals by Busby Berkely were. They were the first of there kind and the scene chosen to be portrayed is on of the most recognized choreographed sync/dance swim numbers EVER! Its classic and Cannot be replaced.

However some things I would do to the ride would obviously be to update the old AA figures and make them super animated now. I think the whole indiana Jones into the tomb area took way to long with the same look. Could maybe add a small scene from something else like Gone with the wind. WHoever said Titanic replace Tarzan I agree with that. Tarzan is well known but Its given a huge space and not much goes on here. Fantasia should be changed to an AA mickey and real water and effects happening. I would add the original KING KONG to this during the beggining(Universal Did NOT make this movie it was RKO...I dont know how rights go on this one.

Something else that has ALWAYS bothered me was the look of the vehicles. They should be more styled to the Chinese Theater look in my opinion.

ctxak98

Okay the next land would be Sunset Boulevard. What would you change?

I LOVE SUNSET BOULEVARD everything from the look, the music, the lights at night, the citizens of Hollywood, to the sightlines. Beautiful the way it is! however the stores need more special and unique gifts ideas. I dont like how every store here is just filled with just DISNEY! I love the TOT giftshop because of the UNique merchandise there. I think BATB should turned into something COMPLETELY different. I think if they get rid of a majority of the Backlot Tour and streets, They need a spot where you can walk through and see hollywood sets and costumes. This would fit perfect with the Golden Age theme and make it a walk through museum with a Cinamagique type show at the end but in dedication to famous non disney films and disney films.

OR, the show should become something more fitting. Maybe a whole new musical where Disney Characters fall into a story book of classic Musicals and movies and they become part of the story and sing along to classics and change costumes. I think it could be kind of fun like Mikey singing Singin in the rain!? idk maybe it would be annoying the more I think about it lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom