My Computer!

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
I am so computer illiterate! I get sooo frustrated! For the past few days I couldn't get on-line... and now, I still can't get to my e-mail! I called customer support, and she ran my through the entire process only to tell me in the end that I have to call someone else. I sure don't get how without even doing a thing my browser decides it's not going to work anymore... or whatever... so now we need to uninstall, then reinstall. I'm so dependent on my DH for that kind of stuff... :brick: *helpless computer illiterate female*!!

:p just venting a bit

maelstrom

Windows computer? Yeah, that kind of thing used to happen to me. Windows would just randomly go away, or have serious errors, things would stop working for no reason. Then I got a Mac. :)

Try reinstalling Windows I guess. I think Windows likes to be reinstalled every once in awhile for whatever reason.

attisb

If you are running XP then you probably have the System Restore running. Try going back a few days before it stopped working to see if that fixes it. It won't hurt to try and is a lot easier than reinstalling Windows. Believe me I work in IT and do this stuff all the time and deal with people who think it is my fault that Windows broke.

barnum42

attisb said:
Believe me I work in IT and do this stuff all the time and deal with people who think it is my fault that Windows broke.
Me too!

Emerald - don't believe Maelstom, Crapples can be as big a pain in the as Proper Computers :lol: ;)

maelstrom

barnum42 said:
Me too!

Emerald - don't believe Maelstom, Crapples can be as big a pain in the as Proper Computers :lol: ;)

Them's be fightin' words, Barnum!! ;)

After 12 years of using Windows computers, all the way back since the days of Windows 3.1, I can say that now that I have a Mac, I will never again use a Windows box as my primary computer.

BUT let's not turn this into the Mac vs. Windows debate.

*steps off soapbox* :wave:

ogryn

How about RISCOS and DR.DOS? I think we still have an Acorn A3000 in the attic, if you want to use that Barnum?

Acorn_A3000_System_2.jpg

To upgrade the OS, we had to take it to the dealer and have a chip replaced!

barnum42

ogryn said:
How about RISCOS and DR.DOS? I think we still have an Acorn A3000 in the attic, if you want to use that Barnum?

Acorn_A3000_System_2.jpg

To upgrade the OS, we had to take it to the dealer and have a chip replaced!
Cute....but no.

I had a Dragon 32.

Figment1986

You could always get a new mechine and switch this old one over to Linux :lookaroun

hehe (it's not that bad, if you have a friend who can make programs)

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
attisb said:
If you are running XP then you probably have the System Restore running. Try going back a few days before it stopped working to see if that fixes it. It won't hurt to try and is a lot easier than reinstalling Windows. Believe me I work in IT and do this stuff all the time and deal with people who think it is my fault that Windows broke.

:hammer: I tried it... & either I am doing something wrong... or it didn't work. The worst part is... somehow, all the mail in my daughter's mailbox... it's *missing*... I am on the _ _ _ _ list!!!! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom