My Beast of Burden 100 miler

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
I will be with there in spirit that is for sure. Wish it was a bit closer because you know I'd be there!
Ah, who knows, maybe I'll show up in my roadrunner costume again. BEEP-BEEP!

S--t, those hallucinations are hilarious until you realize WHY you're hallucinating!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Ok, so people have asked about my gear. Those of you whom I connected to on FB can see my set up:D.
It took me a long time to fine tune this set-up and it's always changing:
-Raidlight Olmo 5 pack, with two Polar Insulated 20oz bottles coverted with locking straws in the shoulder holsters, and one Polar Insulated 20oz bottle converted with an insulated hose in the back compartment.
-Timbuk2 pouch on left shoulder for Duracell back up battery power for Garmin 305 (which is on left wrist mounted to the cradle for charging after mile 50)
-Timbuk 2 pouch on sternum strap for s-caps
-Raidlight rubbish pouch on left side waist belt
-Raidlight collapsable eco cup on right side waist belt
-Custom Ribzwear front mounted vest for food, first aid, anti-nausea gum, and items for taking care of "going in the woods..."
-Petzl Myo RXP head lamp (Fenix HP11 headlamp as back up)
-Hoka One One Mafate ultra trail shoes, 2010 black versions
-custom cool-off bandana with a shammy cloth sewn inside for soaking in water and wrapping around neck
-ZombieRunner hat (complete with "100 mile" pin, "Hated By Many, Loved By Few" ABA bottle cap pin, and large toenail pinned to the front from last 100 :D)
-Injinji mid weight socks
-Zensah calf compression
-left arm sleeve to prevent chafing from 305 strap and cradle
-Casio g-shock GW-7900B reverse display set to go off every 30 mins for food
-SOL knife with small light
-Hanteen for GU brew electrolyte drink
-Oakley shades

Joshua&CalebDad

All I can say is "I am not worthy, I am not worthy."

I have definately subscribed to this thread so I am looking forward to getting all of your updates on Friday and Saturday. I would say that I am in spirit with you, but quite frankly not even my spirit could keep up with you. Good luck!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Ok folks, this s--t is real: car packed, beer and water in coolers, legs itching to run...it's on.
Leave at 4am tomorrow morning, ETA: 12 noon.
I'll have internet connection so I'll be posting before the start. Remember to check www.summer100.com for live splits and video/audio feed, and listen for the TAC barking at the start, 10am.

Run hard folks...

JillC LI

Ok folks, this s--t is real: car packed, beer and water in coolers, legs itching to run...it's on.
Leave at 4am tomorrow morning, ETA: 12 noon.
I'll have internet connection so I'll be posting before the start. Remember to check www.summer100.com for live splits and video/audio feed, and listen for the TAC barking at the start, 10am.

Run hard folks...

Good luck Nick!
(And enjoy that Battle of the Aid stations they mention on the web site link you posted! LOL)
I may not be able to get online over the weekend, but I sure look forward to reading the play by play as posted by your crew and by you when it's over.
What's the prize for this race? Are you looking to enhance your belt buckle collection? :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Got here in Lockport at the canal around 12pm.

Canopy and tents set up, had a disgusting lunch, now trying to wash the rancid taste out of my mouth with an Arrogant B-----d Ale :D

LindsayLoves

Got here in Lockport at the canal around 12pm.

Canopy and tents set up, had a disgusting lunch, now trying to wash the rancid taste out of my mouth with an Arrogant B-----d Ale :D

Ha! I just had one - ok two of those (Arrogant B.A.) at happy hour minus the rancid taste in my mouth. Not sure what the motivational statement is for a 100 mile run but Finish Hard.

fmingo36

Just got a text from Mrs. Machine and it said that Nick has completed 25 miles. She said he spirits are good but it's a mentally challenging course.

Online camera is not working and there are no live results. :mad:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Hi everyone! This is Donald's wife Daisy reporting on his progress. The Machine has completed 51 miles! He's on his 3rd lap as we speak. He's been coming in to home camp briefly to refill and refuel. 49 miles to go and running strong. Says he's still passing people and that quite a few people have dropped already. True to form is the Machine!!

I too am very disappointed in the lack of webcam and live result feed. I wasn't able to travel to this race and am relying on texts from Nick and his crew:(

fmingo36

Hi everyone! This is Donald's wife Daisy reporting on his progress. The Machine has completed 51 miles! He's on his 3rd lap as we speak. He's been coming in to home camp briefly to refill and refuel. 49 miles to go and running strong. Says he's still passing people and that quite a few people have dropped already. True to form is the Machine!!

Hahaha -Daisy. Love it! I called you Mrs. Machine earlier.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Daisy / Mrs. Machine again! :). Nick has completed over 62 miles now. Great pace! People at the aid stations can't believe he is not winded. He is tearing it up out there! Will have a pacer for the last 25 miles, which will keep him going strong. Thanks for the support on the boards! Will keep you updated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom