My Beast of Burden 100 miler

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the messeges. I had never been in so much pain in my life. I had never run so hard in my life. How do I feel? Ready to run a 30 miler today!! But I just walked to be safe. Back to running tomorrow, becuase I feel that great.
Here is the report. Like before, it's for you eyes only, so don't share, or post anywhere else, thanks folks!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d_wYK8LJeMioVfkGnb2t2XZbWLUGOk99US8LzCLIqNM/edit

Mickey&Minnie

Your report was inspiring...not that I will ever run 100 miles or anything close to that but it is nice to know that there are people like you out there who are beasts and able to do it. And it encourages me to do all I can in my training.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Excellent run report. I really want to make it up to one and pace run you on a leg. We will do it, as long as the IPA's are of plenty.

Nice job Nick. If I was so excited about my sub 4 full, I can imagine a sub 20 100.

JillC LI

Thanks everyone for the messeges. I had never been in so much pain in my life. I had never run so hard in my life. How do I feel? Ready to run a 30 miler today!! But I just walked to be safe. Back to running tomorrow, becuase I feel that great.
Here is the report. Like before, it's for you eyes only, so don't share, or post anywhere else, thanks folks!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d_wYK8LJeMioVfkGnb2t2XZbWLUGOk99US8LzCLIqNM/edit

Friggin' amazing Nick. My favorite line "Don't try for sub-20. Take it." You sure did!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
What I left out of the report is the ultra bonk, which no one likes to admit. About an hour and a half after I finished, and started peeling my gear off, I laid down on the bed in my car sucking back electrolyte mix. Then, it came like a round house kick to the face. Blood drained from my face, went pale, nausea, about to pass out and s--t myself. My pacer said I looked like a heroin addict going through withdrawl, shaking.
It was bad. My body just said, "ok, he's done, let's give it to him..."
And the shower after my bonk cleared? Oh man, that hot water found chaffing and cuts I didn't know were there...yeah, it's a glamorous lifestyle :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
What I left out of the report is the ultra bonk, which no one likes to admit. About an hour and a half after I finished, and started peeling my gear off, I laid down on the bed in my car sucking back electrolyte mix. Then, it came like a round house kick to the face. Blood drained from my face, went pale, nausea, about to pass out and s--t myself. My pacer said I looked like a heroin addict going through withdrawl, shaking.
It was bad. My body just said, "ok, he's done, let's give it to him..."
And the shower after my bonk cleared? Oh man, that hot water found chaffing and cuts I didn't know were there...yeah, it's a glamorous lifestyle :D
It happens dude. Ill just go ahead and go on record and say, that if I make it up to your territory for an ultra, lets make sure we are back at casa Bautista for that part. ;) Or make sure there are local out houses.

Texas84

I've seen the bonk videos. Horrifying. After my first marathon my white dri-fit had a large bloody patch on the left side. I couldn't find a cut anywhere. Freaky.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Finally, I can post pics!! Here is me at the finish (I'm on the left) with my old gear set-up
IMG_0920 - Copy.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom