My apologies to the entire board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. Thats why i think they basically went to checking bands. If you have a reservation go enjoy. If not than i think they check to see if you have a park reservation if you do turn around if not than you have a shot if getting in… only a shot with a good reason.
They went to checking bands because it takes the BS guesswork out of it.

And they spent like $1.3 bil on a wifi upgrade 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I found this mention from Oct 2021

“When you have a confirmed dining reservation, you are allowed to park at that resort for a maximum of three hours. This gives you enough time to check-in, eat, take some photos, and possibly take a mosey through the resort’s gift shop. If you took slightly longer, I’m sure it would be fine.”

Just feels like that wording used to pop up often while planning trips on WDW site. Regardless, it’s now gone for the most part.
The point of that was to suggest you not “park hop” from there

But it’s more complicated than that

Chef Mickey

Problem today is people think opinions are facts and get all offended there could be 2 sides or that intuition is often wrong.

People get offended if you tell them they're wrong because everyone thinks they are smarter than average. I don't exempt myself from this, but I don't get all offended if you disagree. You're just wrong. ;)

Chi84

Premium Member
No…that was real too

They used to give paper passes - not long before they dumped them - that had a time for dining reservations.
Around what year if you recall. We’ve been visiting for a pretty long time and I don’t remember getting anything like that for dining reservations.

I do remember paper passes for parking at your own resort, but I didn’t think parking for dining or visiting was that big of a problem when they were still using paper.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Around what year if you recall. We’ve been visiting for a pretty long time and I don’t remember getting anything like that for dining reservations.

I do remember paper passes for parking at your own resort, but I didn’t think parking for dining or visiting was that big of a problem when they were still using paper.
Foggy memory of maybe 2010? It wasn't tried for very long.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

100% it happened. I want to say they definitely had them in 2016 pretty sure 2017 as well. When you got to the stand they would hand you another paper to put in the window which gave you a “window” of when car had to moved no matter what… they dont even bother telling you anymore that you have a window and need to move and all these years ive never even gotten that orange sticker posted on my car that has been mentioned so & ive parked at all 3 resorts and i would say the Contemporary the most.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Circa 2008-2012ish?

But like everything we talk about here…inconsistent

Chi84

Premium Member
My recollection as well.

The usual suspects: contemp, poly…I think beach? But that was before ressies at beaches and cream so “veteran savvy” worked there
It's possible that we just missed those particular resorts on our trips in the years they were giving out those slips - or maybe they just weren't giving them out at the less busy times of year. We were pretty consistently doing trips in early May and either late September or October.

MickeyLuv'r

It’s terribly confusing and unfair to guests who don’t know to visit sites like this. Disney just doesn’t want to box itself in in case it’s not busy and they decide to allow parking for guests to come in and look around.
Huh, this almost reads like an apology. Because that's what I said way back in this thread. Parking is generally allowed at the resorts. (post#66 and #68) Disney's policies are a bit murky, post #68, "Disney's parking policy is murky."

Questions about parking at hotels are a regular feature of the DISboards. ( including Sept 2022) It comes up regularly because the policy is not clearly worded on WDW's own webpage.

Under the heading, Day Guests, WDW's webpage says, "Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels."

What I posted in this thread is also consistent with parking information posted on AllEars, "Self-parking at the Disney Resorts for day visitors (guests not staying at the Resort) is free to all guests; however some resorts have seasonal parking restrictions. Found here: https://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/parking-at-the-walt-disney-world-resort/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom