mvmcp, is it really worth the money???

pinkrose

We went last year and enjoyed it so much that we're going this year too. The shows are great, the cookies and hot chocolate, snow on main street, parade, Christmas Wishes, and the whole "feeling" of the party.

I think it's worth it, but everyone is different. It's just something you'll have to decide for yourself.

KrazyKowboy

You can add me to the LOVE It !!! list .
Going back again this year after thoroughly enjoying MVMCP for the past two Christmas seasons. My wife says it's the best part of our trip each year.
Remember to bring a jacket, it was down right chilly last year.

Attachments

• mvmcppass.jpg
    mvmcppass.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 53

swimmom

We went last year & the year before and had a great time. If you are able to go on an evening other than a Friday, it can be less crowded. Last year we watched the second parade and it wasn't packed on Main Street. Holiday Wishes is great too.

MickeyTigg

It's very much worth it....but do avoid Fridays and Saturdays.

There's the parade...special Christmas shows and lots of other things going on.

SpongeScott

Very much worth it. As for the weather, just check right before you go or you can always buy a WDW sweatshirt on Main Street.

Rogue71371

Hey all,

So I have a bit of a tough choice. We are going to be down Nov. 11th - Nov. 20th. We want to go to MVMCP, however the 2 days that it available when we are down is the First night of MVMCP or a Friday.

The question is, which do I choose? We were down last year for MNSSHP on Oct 31th and it was PACKED! I would like to try an avoid that.

Thanks!

46 Days to go!

FightingChicken

We're going on the 19th of December and I was just curious since someone mentioned something about it being chilly . . . exactly how cold does it get in Florida that time of the year? I've been down there once around December but that was a few years ago and can't really remember.

Frank Stallone

Definitely recommend the Christmas party. Personally, I prefer Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, but the Christmas party is great in it's own right.

journeyman

yes it is, so much so my family and i are coming back again this year. (a 9 hour flight with a 3 1/2 year old, what fun)

It is tha whole atmosphere around the park that got me big time, you could really feel the magic. You feel like you back at the age of 7 or so, when you embraced the Christmas story.

Christmas time of year at the parks has been the most magical of all the times i have visited

C&D

We're going on the 19th of December and I was just curious since someone mentioned something about it being chilly . . . exactly how cold does it get in Florida that time of the year? I've been down there once around December but that was a few years ago and can't really remember.

It can be 70 degrees and humid and it can be 50 degrees and blustery; you have to check out the Weather Channel before you go out.

SpongeScott

It can be 70 degrees and humid and it can be 50 degrees and blustery; you have to check out the Weather Channel before you go out.
Exactly right. All it takes is a little advance planning on your weather forecasts. In Florida in the winter, there's no telling what you'll have and when. Just be prepared.

slowbee

Our first Christmas party was last year. We loved it so much we're going back Dec 9th. It's a great time. If you a person who just enjoys the christmas season and has alot of Holiday spirit, then you'll love it.

It was frosty last year. We fly down from Chicago and last year we had to put jackets on (we all had shorts on though). But it was in the upper 50's last year when we went. Which, in a way is nice... makes the hot cocco that much more enjoyable.

Highly recommended.

pacochran

We went last year and enjoyed it alot more than we thought we would. We went on a weeknight and found hardly any lines. Got to ride both SM & BTMR three times in a row, SM without getting off. The atmosphere is great and magical. The pictures you get for free are cute. My kids loved it. In fact this year because we are only staying at Disney for 4 nights and we like to spend a whole day in most of the parks, we decided that to do MK we would do the Christmas Party, so we will be there Nov 28th. :xmas:

pepples22

I went with my sister and parents last year and it was great. The park emptied out really quickly and it felt almost desserted. We go on the rides really quick, practically no queuing - even went on the hm twice!

I recommend to go. I would, but I am saving for my disney wedding :animwink:

The atmosphere is really amasing. We saw the parade, and shows. The snow on main street made it feel like christmas.

BTW the hot chocolate is the best hot chocolate in THE WORLD!

FightingChicken

Exactly right. All it takes is a little advance planning on your weather forecasts. In Florida in the winter, there's no telling what you'll have and when. Just be prepared.

Thanks. Hopefully it'll be colder around 50 because Christmas and 70 degree weather just doesn't sound right to me.

KrazyKowboy

Thanks. Hopefully it'll be colder around 50 because Christmas and 70 degree weather just doesn't sound right to me.

One thing to note about the weather in November and December is daily fluctuations too.

You can wake up to temps in the high 40's, and by mid morning it will already be up to 55. By mid afternoon you can be in the mid 70's, and after dark watch it drop back into the 40's overnight.

At last years party we went midweek about 11/30. We had visited Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, but by midnight at MVMCP we were in flannel lined jackets and warming our hands with hot chocolate cups.

Plan to allow time for a change of clothes back at the resort before the sun goes down.

The Mom

Premium Member
I always thought that it wasn't worth the money, until some fellow forum members talked me into going. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom