MVMCP Details?

dannb1001

Original Poster
I have a question, Will the castle lights just be plain white lights that stay steadely on? Or will they do some special effects as well like twinkling, going off and on in differant sections similar to Disneyland Paris castle?

Here is a video of the DLP castle and what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVL2dZqUp4Q

This video is not very good but gives you the idea.

I think they should add some fiber optic effects while they are at it like Paris has as well LOL. Just thought I would throw that in.

lightboy

I have a question, Will the castle lights just be plain white lights that stay steadely on? Or will they do some special effects as well like twinkling, going off and on in differant sections similar to Disneyland Paris castle?

Here is a video of the DLP castle and what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVL2dZqUp4Q

This video is not very good but gives you the idea.

I think they should add some fiber optic effects while they are at it like Paris has as well LOL. Just thought I would throw that in.

Although there are no spoilers that I'll give out, I can tell you this. The Castle will always be "alive".

I've seen the Paris video many a times. It will be modeled after that...but...better.

Fiber Optics would be nice, but horribly expensive to retrofit in! :)

dannb1001

Original Poster
Anyone know if there will be any new decoratoins this year? No offence but not totally sure how the colored garland going across MSUSA is going to look against the white castle lights. Been thinking about that, it may kind of clash a little bit. Would be a lot better in my opinion if they changed that garland to White garland with white lights, or No garland at all and just use some other new decorations that will not distrupt the veiw of the castle lights. Just my thought.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Someone I think mentioned that they used to give out pins for the party as well - here are two of them from 1994 & 1995 that they handed out. Being a cast member then - we got to wear them to help "join in" the festivities!:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:
MVMCP_Pins_94_95.JPG

dannb1001

Original Poster
Is it true that the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade will be performed daily as well in place of Disney Dreams Come True Parade? I thought I read this somewhere and was like WHAT? I mean I know Disneyland does do Christmas Fantasy during the day as well as at night so, I guess it could be possible.

AEfx

Seven Days a Week means Seven Days a Week! :)

The daily show will magically transform the Castle into light-up "ice" for the rest of the evening. Seven...Days...A...Week. :xmas:

That's not the information Guest Relations is giving to guests right now. Now, I'm not saying one of you is correct and one of you is not (Guest Relations is great but they can only do so much), but they are telling people until the end of Dec. the lights will only be on for MVMCP.

AEfx

Atta83

Is it true that the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade will be performed daily as well in place of Disney Dreams Come True Parade? I thought I read this somewhere and was like WHAT? I mean I know Disneyland does do Christmas Fantasy during the day as well as at night so, I guess it could be possible.

At first the parade will run on the nights of the chirstmas party, with the dreams come true parade running during the day. The week of chirstmas is when once upon will run twice during the day with a double spectro. At this time the dreams come true parade will not run.

fusionblaz

Anyone know if there will be any cool new Christmas merchandise this year? Keep hopeing for a Christmas Event CD to but, for some reason I have my doubts.

dannb1001

Original Poster
At first the parade will run on the nights of the chirstmas party, with the dreams come true parade running during the day. The week of chirstmas is when once upon will run twice during the day with a double spectro. At this time the dreams come true parade will not run.

Thanks Atta83. I kind of figured that was the case but not sure.

Another question, I was recently told the music for the parade was "Just OK" parts where better than others, is it really that bad? lol, hearing it was "Just OK" is a little disturbing lol. I mean I guess everyone has their own opinion but still, its a little disurbing to hear that right off the bat.

lightboy

That's not the information Guest Relations is giving to guests right now. Now, I'm not saying one of you is correct and one of you is not (Guest Relations is great but they can only do so much), but they are telling people until the end of Dec. the lights will only be on for MVMCP.

AEfx

Guest Relations operates off the same small piece of paper that everyone else reads off of! :) They don't "always" get the information before everyone else...but they like to think so.

And...they are wrong. :xmas:

Brian_WDW74

The new Mickey Monitor has a little more info about the parade:

If you think of what’s at the heart of Mickey’s big celebration, you’d probably think of the parade. Well, what you remember the parade to be, at least. Because this year Mickey and the gang kicked it up a notch. Starting with an all-new soundtrack, including a Disney original tune created just for the occasion, entitled “Once Upon a Christmastime.But that’s only the beginning. This year, there’ll be new costumes and some newly designed floats that represent the many joys of Christmastime. The different floats will be themed to Friends and Family, A Winter Wonderland, A Fairy-Tale Christmastime, Christmas Sweets (yum!) and A North Pole Christmastime, featuring the beloved jolly couple themselves, Mr. & Mrs. Claus.

jws25

Thought I'd piggyback on the topic, as long as I'm here....
My DH and I are going to our first MVMCP on Dec.4. We have no idea what to expect. We have ADRs at Artist Point for 5:45pm. Was this bad timing? Will we miss much if we take 1-1.5 hours to eat? I've read this entire thread - any other advice you party veterans would like to give us?

PhilharMagician

Thought I'd piggyback on the topic, as long as I'm here....
My DH and I are going to our first MVMCP on Dec.4. We have no idea what to expect. We have ADRs at Artist Point for 5:45pm. Was this bad timing? Will we miss much if we take 1-1.5 hours to eat? I've read this entire thread - any other advice you party veterans would like to give us?

I would recommend that you move your ADR to 5:00 if you can. Since the restaurant does not open till 5:00 you may just be able to show up early and get seated early.

I typically plan 1.5 hrs for a sit down meal, so that would not get you to MK till after 7 with transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom