MVMCP Details?

dannb1001

Original Poster
I know that there are brand new costumes. The "Elves" are going to look a little different than they have in previous years, and the dancer's costumes are Green and White for girls, and Blue and White for boys. It's a very large parade this time around. Also, as far as floats go, I know that there is a float with the elves on it, and there is an elf in a basket, popping up and down, overseeing the float, if you will. He's a friend of mine, and man does he look like an elf. @_@ It'll be fun.

Do you know any more details? Id really like a hint as far as if the floats will be all new and what the music will be like :)

dannb1001

Original Poster
Since there does not seem to be any further details about the parade and the castle lights, unfortunatly lol,

Does anyone know if there will be new decorations this year? I know for Halloween there was new stuff.

Also, Does anyone know if there will be a Christmas Events CD release with the parade and castle lights show on it? Asking this mainly becacuse the new Party Events CD did not include anything as far as Christmas, which i found very odd why they left out a whole event. Yeah it could have been a not enough room issue on the CD but still. Just curious.

dannb1001

Original Poster
I was just reading a artical online and it said something about the castle lights will be turned on in the begining of Holiday Wishes Fireworks with a special introduction with the Fair Godmother? And Celebrate The Season will still presented and Castle Dream Lights is just simply the name of the castle lights, Not a ceremony or anything.

I really hope that is not true with the lights turning on in the begining of Holiday Wishes Fireworks, that will mean the majority of the night the lights will off and you will only be able to see them for a few hours after the 9:30 fireworks. And you know Everyone will be trying to get pictures right after the fireworks, grant it the lights even stay on following. Sounds to me like its going to be one big mess lol. Of course everyone will want to be by the castle the rest of the night wit the lights being on and going ga ga over it lol. The second parade usually is less crowded by the castle and on MSUSA but probably not if the castle lights are on! UGH

Ok, on a more POSITIVE level, the lights Will add a lot more energy to Holiday Wishes as I would assume they will be blinking and stuff. I am sure it will be very awesome.

Brian_WDW74

I was just reading a artical online and it said something about the castle lights will be turned on in the begining of Holiday Wishes Fireworks with a special introduction with the Fair Godmother? And Celebrate The Season will still presented and Castle Dream Lights is just simply the name of the castle lights, Not a ceremony or anything.

Do you have a link to that article? I'm curious to see what they say.

dannb1001

Original Poster
Honestly can not find the page I saw it. I was just browsing around differant websites the other day and came across that info. For the life of me I can not find that website again I saw that article.

mpaul32001

I did look at disneyworld.com a few days ago though and, according to that, it's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade that will replace the 3pm parade as soon as the MVMCP's have finished, and not the new Christmas parade.

Well, we all know how the WDW site works as far as updating pages...It rarely happens quickly. The new parade has been confirmed to me by a cast member...No more info on it as of yet...

dannb1001

Original Poster
Will they be having a preview night of the christmas parade and the lights on the castle prior to the first party night? I know they did this for the Halloween parade and would assume they would be doing this for the Christmas parade. If they will be doing this, is it only for cast members? or can guest get access to going to the preview as well?

lightboy

This is incorrect. The currently confidential (details) show will perform in the early evening time before many festivities...7 days a week. The lights will be on all night there-after.

Brian_WDW74

This is incorrect. The currently confidential (details) show will perform in the early evening time before many festivities...7 days a week. The lights will be on all night there-after.

I'm not following this. Are you saying the Cinderella Castle lights will be lit every night, not just for MVMCP?

dannb1001

Original Poster
I'm not following this. Are you saying the Cinderella Castle lights will be lit every night, not just for MVMCP?

I thought I was the only one that was not following that statement lol.

I am very curious as to if the lights will be already on when everyone is arriving at the MK for Christmas party? Or will everyone wait for a show to see the lights turn on and then enjoy them the rest of the night kind of thing?

cooleo

I think they are saying there will be a show to turn on the lights, but it will not be tied in to the beginning of Wishes. The lights will then be on the rest of the evening.

Brian_WDW74

I think they are saying there will be a show to turn on the lights, but it will not be tied in to the beginning of Wishes. The lights will then be on the rest of the evening.

I understand that. :) But what I'm trying to clarify is this...

The currently confidential (details) show will perform in the early evening time before many festivities...7 days a week.

I've heard that the Castle lights will only be lit for MVMCP during the Christmas season, except for the last week of December. But "7 days a week" implies that they will be lit every night, regardless of whether or not it's a MVMCP night. I'm just trying to verify if I need to attend MVMCP to see the lights.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Here's the press release blurb about MVMCP with some details on the two new entertainment offerings..

-----

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Returns -- For a quarter century Walt Disney World guests have been entertained and mesmerized by this time-honored tradition. This season, Magic Kingdom has added an extra night to the celebrated custom -- meaning there will be 19 evenings of holiday fun: Nov. 12, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30 and Dec. 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21. Beginning at 7 p.m. (after regular park hours), guests with tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party can enjoy the holiday splendor with lively stage shows and favorite holiday traditions.

Guests can enjoy festive surprises including an all-new Castle Light Show. Cinderella Castle is adorned with thousands of shimmering white lights, covering the turrets and towers like a glistening blanket of ice. The twinkling lights create an elegant wintry effect perfect for the seasonal celebration.

Lighting up the castle becomes a Dream Come True moment as Cinderella joins Mickey, Minnie and the gang for the nightly ceremony. Guests can also see Disney characters in holiday garb for meet-and-greets, and enjoy the dazzling "Holiday Wishes--Celebrate the Spirit of the Season," a memorable fireworks spectacle orchestrated to classic holiday melodies.

“Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” celebrates the many festive moods of the holiday season, showcasing a series of holiday themes including a Friends and Family Christmastime Party, a sleigh ride through a Winter Wonderland, a romantic Fairy Tale Christmastime, a scrumptious display of Christmastime sweets, and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus in a grand finale. And for longtime Disney Christmas parade fans: Soldiers, Snowflakes and dancing deer are all still in the parade. The parade features original music as well as both classic and current holiday tunes.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party comes with a winter-weather forecast guests can count on -- a 100 percent chance of snow flurries on Main Street, U.S.A every night. And just in case the sight causes a chill: complimentary hot cocoa and cookies are served. Many popular Magic Kingdom attractions are open to guests.

Admission to the party requires a separate ticket. Tickets are $47.95 plus tax for ages 10/up and $40.95 plus tax for ages 3-9 (but with advance purchase, guests can save $7 per ticket for select dates). Note: Many party nights are sold out in advance. To purchase tickets, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY or visit disneyworld.com/holidays.

Jimmy Thick

Last year when I went to the MVMCP, I found it to be an incredible time. All the rides were walk-ons and the place was dead until the amazing fire work show.

As for the hot chocolate and cookies, remember you get what you pay for at Disney, and considering it free, well, I'll just leave it to you to decide. Some might rave about it, but its really terrible in my opinion.

Atta83

Mickeys very merry chirstmas parade is retired and will no longer show, so it will not take place of the three oclock parade. While there are many things changing with the parade while spoil it all now until it opens.....:)

dannb1001

Original Poster
Mickeys very merry chirstmas parade is retired and will no longer show, so it will not take place of the three oclock parade. While there are many things changing with the parade while spoil it all now until it opens.....:)

Because we are impatiant lol. No seriously I think a lot of people are wondering ,for real, if there will be a completely new parade with new floats and all OR if it will end up just like the Very Merry Christmas Parade or very similar. I think everyone finds it hard to beleive that it will be a completly new parade all around.
So many people have differant versions of the events for the Christmas party this year.

lightboy

Seven Days a Week means Seven Days a Week! :)

The daily show will magically transform the Castle into light-up "ice" for the rest of the evening. Seven...Days...A...Week. :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom