MVMCP Details?

dannb1001

Original Poster
So, does anyone know any new details about MVMCP asside from the obvious Castle Dream Lights and Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade?

Does anyone know more details on the parade? Castle Dream Lights? Asside from the fact that the parade is "NEW" lol and the fact that Cinderellas Castle will be covered in white lights.

disneygoof1

well I can say that they have perimeter fireworks! That is Awesome! Oh and free hot chocolate and cookies, and it snows on main street.:xmas:

WDWFigment

They used to include the family photograph (complimentary), which was always big around my house when it arrived in the mail. But now, they figured they can hit you with more $$$ for you to buy one.........

They also used to have free pins handed out celebrating the party (we have 4 of them), but that ended when they realized people would pay $10 for a dumb piece of metal.

I guess it is fun when people come offering us big $$ for our "vintage" Very Merry Christmas Party Pins we still wear at the event, but I wish they'd leave us alone!! :drevil:

Big $$ for those old pins (buttons?) eh? Maybe I should pick some up off eBay, they sell for like $1 or $2 each on there!

wdwdude423

I went a long time ago to MVMCP and my favorite part was the snow on Main Street. I cant wait to see the lights on the castle!

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I went a long time ago to MVMCP and my favorite part was the snow on Main Street. I cant wait to see the lights on the castle!

I'm with you on that one! I took my nephew last Nov to the very 1st MVMCP of the season - was great - but you could tell the property was still in "put up decorations" mode. Was funny to be at the hotel one day with nothing up and then the next morning all decked out.

I'm taking my niece (8yo) this year to the "party" on Dec 2nd. :xmas: Can't wait to see the new castle lights and see the "new" parade in all it's glory! Hopefully it's not the same floats just "made over/tweaked". Yet in the same breath - I'll be sad NOT to see the same parade.:veryconfu With that - I haven't seen any details on the "new" parade yet. I'm sure once MNSSHP is over - more details will work thier way out. (Gotta sell those tix somehow!:hammer:)

And I really do love love love the snow on Main Street - just gives it that extra - Ummpphhhhh to the holidays. Knowing it's "snowing" in FL just for you! :wave:

Yes, brand new. Mickey's Very Merry Chirstmas Parade is retired.

I did look at disneyworld.com a few days ago though and, according to that, it's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade that will replace the 3pm parade as soon as the MVMCP's have finished, and not the new Christmas parade.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? I hope it is, as I'll then get to see two different Christmas parades in one trip :xmas:

Chape19714

That should be the case. Spirit of the Season MAY also replace nightime showing of Dream Along, after the final party, and Holiday Wishes is likely to replace Wishes after the parties are done.

PhilharMagician

well I can say that they have perimeter fireworks! That is Awesome! Oh and free hot chocolate and cookies, and it snows on main street.:xmas:

The perimeter fireworks are now only 180 not the 360 degrees seen in 2005 and earlier.

Should be very similar to last year.

below info from Allears (2006 schedule)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Holiday Wishes: 9:30 p.m.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade: starts in Frontierland, at 8:15, 10:45 p.m.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' Show: 7, 8, 9, 10:15 and 11:15 p.m. at Galaxy Palace Theater in Tomorrowland[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Celebrate the Season Show - 7:45, 10:15 and 11:40 p.m. at the Castle Forecourt Stage[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Character Dance Parties[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - from 7 p.m. to midnight. Fantasyland Holiday Hop (at Ariel's Grotto), and Cosmic Christmas Dance Party (at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland) -- Holiday Disney Character Dance parties.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meet Santa Claus - Next to City Hall in Town Square

Save 50% on Disney Photopass photos* exlusively for the event. See any Disney PhotoPass Photographer for Details. *Offer valid on individual 5 x 7 photos only.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Treats are being served throughout the evening -- Treats include Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows and cookies and sliced apples and Apple Juice at:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]--[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Diamond Horseshoe in Frontierland
-- Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station at Tomorrowland
-- Scuttle's Landing in Fantasyland
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
-- Columbia Harbour House -- Liberty Square
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quick service dining: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and Pecos Bill Cafe

Full Service Dining: Tony's Town Square Restaurant in Town Square and Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty Square
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The following attractions and eateries are open during the party:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main Street USA
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Casey's Corner
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main Street Sweets
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tony's Town Square Restaurant[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adventureland
--
Pirates of the Caribbean
-- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frontierland
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Splash Mountain
-- Country Bear Jamboree
-- Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
-- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
-- Pecos Bill Cafe
-- Westward Ho
-- Turkey Leg Cart
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Churro Wagon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Liberty Square
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Haunted Mansion
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Liberty Tree Tavern
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sleepy Hollow
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fantasyland
--
Peter Pan's Flight
-- Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
-- Dumbo The Flying Elephant
-- Mickey's PhilharMagic
-- Snow White's Scary Adventures
-- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
-- Mad Tea Party
-- it's a small world
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pooh's Playful Spot
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mrs. Potts' Cupboard
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The village Fry Shoppe
-- Storytime with Belle
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tomorrowland
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Space Mountain
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Astro Orbiter
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stitch's Great Escape
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tomorrowland Transit Authority
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tomorrowland Arcade
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lunching Pad at Rockettower Plaza
--
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mickey's ToonTown Fair
--
The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
-- Mickey's Country House
-- Minnie's Country House
[/FONT]

Here is a linky
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/hol_mk.htm

XQIXX

Hello,
I am going to MVMCP :xmas: on Nov 15th. First time seeing it! Also my first post here so I wanted to say hello to eveyone :wave:.

PhilharMagician

Hello,
I am going to MVMCP :xmas: on Nov 15th. First time seeing it! Also my first post here so I wanted to say hello to eveyone :wave:.

Hi and welcome to the boards.:wave:

MVMCP is a lot of fun. Make sure you are there early and ready to go. The stage show and Mickey's twas the Night Before Christmas are good shows to see and can take up a bit of you time during the CP. The parade is also neat to see. It is nothing like the Dreams come true parade. I really like the Christmas Parade for the toy soldiers. The wait times for the rides are also not bad, but I usually see the shows and parade and put the rides as a secondary thing to do since the rides can be ridden during any day, but the shows are specific to the party.

Have Fun:xmas:

dannb1001

Original Poster
What they should do is replace the Disney Dreams Come True Parade during the holiday season with the Very Merry Christmas Parade, and then for party nights have Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade.

Something tells me the new parade is going to be identical to the Very Merry Christmas Parade. Really does not make much sence at all why they would have the Very Merry Christmas Parade after all the MVMCPs unless there is a reason why they can not have the Once Upon A Christmastime parade during the day.

Question...do they give you some kind of a coupon for 1 free hot chocolate, cookie, ect. or is it unlimited?

And the snow...is it just soap suds/foam? Or is it actual crushed ice or whatever?

PhilharMagician

Question...do they give you some kind of a coupon for 1 free hot chocolate, cookie, ect. or is it unlimited?

And the snow...is it just soap suds/foam? Or is it actual crushed ice or whatever?

You can have all the cookies and cocoa you want, all you need is to be wearing your wristband.

The snow is real snow, and don't forget the real Santa is in the parade.:D

mousefan1972

Hi and welcome to the boards.:wave:

MVMCP is a lot of fun. Make sure you are there early and ready to go. The stage show and Mickey's twas the Night Before Christmas are good shows to see and can take up a bit of you time during the CP. The parade is also neat to see. It is nothing like the Dreams come true parade. I really like the Christmas Parade for the toy soldiers. The wait times for the rides are also not bad, but I usually see the shows and parade and put the rides as a secondary thing to do since the rides can be ridden during any day, but the shows are specific to the party.

Have Fun:xmas:

Oohh, I'm glad you guys brought this up! I have a question... the night we go to the Christmas Party we have dinner ressie's at LTT at 5:20. Is that too late? I can change it to earlier, but it was WAY earlier, like 4:00. We have little kids and don't mind eating early, but 5:20 is really a perfect time. But since we likely won't make it very late due to the kid's being tired, should we eat earlier so we have more time to enjoy the party?? Thanks, guys!

PhilharMagician

Oohh, I'm glad you guys brought this up! I have a question... the night we go to the Christmas Party we have dinner ressie's at LTT at 5:20. Is that too late? I can change it to earlier, but it was WAY earlier, like 4:00. We have little kids and don't mind eating early, but 5:20 is really a perfect time. But since we likely won't make it very late due to the kid's being tired, should we eat earlier so we have more time to enjoy the party?? Thanks, guys!

It all depends on how quick they seat you and how quick you eat. I like to plan on being out of there about 6:30 - 6:45 and head to Splash and Thunder. I doubt you will be able to change ot an earlier time at this point. just make sure you are at LTT about 15 minutes early.

jrh1985

What they should do is replace the Disney Dreams Come True Parade during the holiday season with the Very Merry Christmas Parade, and then for party nights have Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade.

Something tells me the new parade is going to be identical to the Very Merry Christmas Parade. Really does not make much sence at all why they would have the Very Merry Christmas Parade after all the MVMCPs unless there is a reason why they can not have the Once Upon A Christmastime parade during the day.

The WDW online DEC Calendar is most likely not updated yet.

Blackie Pueblo

Thanks for the info on MVMCP! My wife and I went one time a couple years ago and we had a great time. But it's a lot of work to be honest. The night we went it was like they over sold tickets and it was really packed! We literally had to gets seats for any christmas shows we wanted almost an hour ahead of time. Also, because it was so packed and it was our first time so we wanted to experience the Christmas shows, I think in all honesty we rode maybe two or three rides.

But the parade was one of the best parades I've ever seen. It was loaded with characters. And waiting for the parade wasn't bad because, I think it's the Voices of Liberty, sang christmas tunes right in front of us. Maybe it wasn't them but this chorus group did a great job of getting you in the mood.

Also the free cookies and cocoa and the snow on Main Street were wonderful and almost tear jerking. It's a shame about the pic because we loved our pic. But it took almost an hour to get it due to the crowds.

But (I know I can look it up myself but I enjoy getting info from other Disney fans) what is the price this time for tickets?

"To all who come to this happy place... welcome!"
---Walter Elias Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom