Must have Souvenir

jenluvswdw

Original Poster
This year I want a Mickey balloon. I have always wanted one since I was a child and never got one. I am 30 something but I don't care what anyone thinks. I want my Mickey balloon. The questions is, what color shoud I get?
Me too!! I never get one, but this time I will. I also want a picture standing next to the CM holding the balloons!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello all! When you head down to the World what is your must have souvenir?

Each year (but this one - but there is a good reason for that) we have the following souvenirs that are must bys.

1) popcorn bucket (this year - I got one from each park!!)
2) pj's for both DH and I (I didn't get any b/c they didn't have any!!!! NONE! Well, the one pair they had I didn't like but how weird is that!)
3) tshirts
4) ornament
5) Basin White Mickey Bath Bombs

Upvote 0

Sofiesmom

This year I want a Mickey balloon. I have always wanted one since I was a child and never got one. I am 30 something but I don't care what anyone thinks. I want my Mickey balloon. The questions is, what color shoud I get?

I like those clear balloons they have at Magic Kingdom that light up and the inside is sparkley? Maybe it's tink inside the balloon but they are way cool.... LOL

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

Somehow, we've acquired quite a few traditions over the years.

We like to get some kind of shot glass, although those get more and more difficult as years go on. We also like to get at least one pin. I usually want a pair of the headband style Minnie ears. I don't always get a pair, but I definitely do more often than not. My partner usually gets a t-shirt. We also get at least one Christmas ornament most of the time.

Upvote 0

rob0519

A Christmas ornament from DTD personalized with our son's name and the year of the visit. Other than that, there really is nothing that is a must have. If something catches our eye we buy it.

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

I definitely need to bring home a mug. I use them throughout the year, and after many washes they become faded and must be retired. When a mug becomes too faded to use we have a burning ceremony in backyard fire pit. Everyone must remain silent until all Disney lettering is gone. Alright just kidding about the fire. We also will bring home some soaps from the basin.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Several must haves.
Must have pins. I bring enough pins in my pin bag to trade every day. I also purchase pins that I find in the shops that interest me that I cant find to trade for.
Always bring a new snow globe back home.
A new figurine from the Art of Disney store.
A Christmas ornament that has the years date.
A plush character to join all the others that sit around our home.
A character drawn by a Disney illustrator.
Anything and all Jiminy items that can be found.

Upvote 0

bubbles1812

a huge magnet.
we buy magnets as our family souvenirs everywhere we go, so our fridge is covered with all our happy places.
also, they're cheap! ;-)

Haha. I was about to say this. Everywhere my family goes, we buy a magnet and a mug. It's boring and we've accumulated a lot of mugs/magnets but it's fun to look at them all because it's a bit of a reflection of our journey together as a family through the years, as corny as that sounds. There are disney mugs mixed with countries and cities and unique places (one of my favs is from when we toured the Kellog cereal factory...you'd think it would be boring but it was damn cool, haha). :)

Random fun fact: I have never bought a single pin at Disney. I've come close a few times but then I realize I can't because I am so prone to losing things like that.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We always like to find a new christmas ornament, our tree is almost all Disney now.
For the last few years I have scoured the shops in search of a special pin. In 2008 there was a Tinker Bell hat and Pin out the said "mood subject to change without warning" When my DSIL & I were there in Feb 2008 she got the hat that was later "confiscated" by my grandmother. Gramma had suffered a stroke and Granpa, trying to do his best ,and not wanting to deal with a salon, cut her hair! He was not a barber or hairdresser so let's just say the hat was a vast improvement! When gramma passed away in Dec that year the hat went with her. Since that time I have been in search of the pin, actually 2 of them for DSIL & I in memory of gramma. So that is the new quest when at WDW.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

A dated pin, dated magnet for the fridge, dated photo album, and on my last trip in September I found (and love) a pink flamingo with mouse ears. Wanted one since I saw it on here last spring. We happened to be walking thru a store in HS and found it. So happy.

Upvote 0

jenluvswdw

Original Poster
We always like to find a new christmas ornament, our tree is almost all Disney now.
For the last few years I have scoured the shops in search of a special pin. In 2008 there was a Tinker Bell hat and Pin out the said "mood subject to change without warning" When my DSIL & I were there in Feb 2008 she got the hat that was later "confiscated" by my grandmother. Gramma had suffered a stroke and Granpa, trying to do his best ,and not wanting to deal with a salon, cut her hair! He was not a barber or hairdresser so let's just say the hat was a vast improvement! When gramma passed away in Dec that year the hat went with her. Since that time I have been in search of the pin, actually 2 of them for DSIL & I in memory of gramma. So that is the new quest when at WDW.
Wow, poor gramma. I think it is great she wore a Tink hat! I will be on the look out for it next year. Hope you or someone finds it for you. Try to EBay it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom