Must Do's

Peacefrog

I've been reading this site for a while, but I finally have a reason to post.:sohappy: First one actually. I've been to WDW many times in the past, but this will be the first time with my kids, two boys, (4 1/2 & 18 mos.) Staying at Movies first week of December. I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but I'm wondering what would be on your "must do and see" list. Will only have three days(wife wanted to keep the first time short as a trial run) to get in as much as possible. I know what I would want to do without the kids, but since this trip is really for them, I'm not sure what things should be on the list. Any help would be appreciated. Also, my 4 yo loves to swim. Any chance the weather will be cooperative in Dec to get in a little pool time? Any other Movies tips would really help. Thanks alot!

shoppingnut

Chances of swimming in December are slim, every time I've been down it's rather cool 60's. Definitely plan on a character meal depending upon which character's he's interested in Pooh, Mickey, Stitch.

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

Plan on taking it slow! When we first took our son - age 3 - we rode "Small World", "Pooh", and "Spaceship Earth" many times! The characters were a little overwhelming at first. A character meal is a great way to see their favorites! There are guides out there for Disney with kids. If you don't want to purchase them, check your local library! I've heard the pools are heated and that some people do swim this time of year! My husband and kids would be those crazy people you see in the pools in December! Have Fun!!! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Peacefrog

Original Poster
MinnieMommy said:
Plan on taking it slow! When we first took our son - age 3 - we rode "Small World", "Pooh", and "Spaceship Earth" many times! The characters were a little overwhelming at first. A character meal is a great way to see their favorites! There are guides out there for Disney with kids. If you don't want to purchase them, check your local library! I've heard the pools are heated and that some people do swim this time of year! My husband and kids would be those crazy people you see in the pools in December! Have Fun!!! :xmas:

Thanks. How do you go about getting character meals?

Upvote 0

RickEff

Peacefrog said:
Thanks. How do you go about getting character meals?

Welcome to the boards!:wave:

407-WDW-DINE for dining reservations.

I've been to WDW in December many times, and each time I've had days that were in or very close to the 80's. Swimming is not something to forget about. Bring the suits just in case. They don't weigh much anyway.:)

Upvote 0

Nemo14

As has been said, get yourself a good guide book and check out what things would be age appropriate for your boys. A few things that come to mind are Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan in the MK, the safari at Animal Kingdom, Turtle Talk with Crush at the Living Seas in Epcot, the Muppet movie at MGM. There are lots of others, and a character breakfast (or lunch) is a good way to see characters without standing in line for them.
Swimming could be a possibility - the pools are heated, just not as warm as I like them :eek: .

Upvote 0

Peacefrog

Original Poster
TimonRulz said:
They might enjoy Playhouse Disney Live!
Character meals are also a good way to go.

My son loves Playhouse Disney. Where do you see it live? Sorry for all the questions. This going to WDW with kids is all new to me. Thanks for all the great responses

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Peacefrog said:
My son loves Playhouse Disney. Where do you see it live? Sorry for all the questions. This going to WDW with kids is all new to me. Thanks for all the great responses
I believe that's over at MGM.

Upvote 0

Goofy20

I do a character breakfast everytime I go to Disney and im 21 =) Me and my gf just love it. I know your children will too. I also wouldn't miss the parades on Main Street like "Share a dream Come True" in the afternoon and "SpectroMagic" (my personal favorite) at night.

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

Lines were also tough sometimes if they were really long. Like Nemo said, character meals are a great way to not wait an hour to see Mickey. We waited 30 minutes and our son just had meltdown. For ride lines, it's great to bring some little snacks, like cheerios, granola bars, snacks the kids might like. This can take the edge off of a long wait. In December, you should be OK, but just in case... Also, are you going to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? The Christmas and Halloween parties are an extra cost, but we were able to ride so much more! Of course, the event goes unti midnight, so might not work, unless your willing to sleep in the next day! You will have a great time!

Upvote 0

skiddles

Keep a slow pace

Go to the parks early.....get out by noon...take a swim and head out for a special character dinner. relax...take in the sights....if you rush you will not soak in what is all around you. take time to look at the details of the most mundane things.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom