Must Do's

Peacefrog

I've been reading this site for a while, but I finally have a reason to post.:sohappy: First one actually. I've been to WDW many times in the past, but this will be the first time with my kids, two boys, (4 1/2 & 18 mos.) Staying at Movies first week of December. I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but I'm wondering what would be on your "must do and see" list. Will only have three days(wife wanted to keep the first time short as a trial run) to get in as much as possible. I know what I would want to do without the kids, but since this trip is really for them, I'm not sure what things should be on the list. Any help would be appreciated. Also, my 4 yo loves to swim. Any chance the weather will be cooperative in Dec to get in a little pool time? Any other Movies tips would really help. Thanks alot!

spoiledmarie

I would say that some of the definite must do's and sees for the kids would be "Mickey's Philharmagic", "Winnie the Pooh" ride, "Peter Pan", the Share a Dream Come True Parade and Spectromagic. Almost any of the rides in Fantasyland were the favorites when we went with children. They also really enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast show over at MGM and The Festival of the Lion King at AK.
And of course the character meals are always a big hit! They enjoyed the winnie the pooh dinner at Crystal Palace and the Donald's Breakfast at AK.

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

spoiledmarie said:
I would say that some of the definite must do's and sees for the kids would be "Mickey's Philharmagic", "Winnie the Pooh" ride, "Peter Pan", the Share a Dream Come True Parade and Spectromagic. Almost any of the rides in Fantasyland were the favorites when we went with children. They also really enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast show over at MGM and The Festival of the Lion King at AK.
And of course the character meals are always a big hit! They enjoyed the winnie the pooh dinner at Crystal Palace and the Donald's Breakfast at AK.

Hey, I'm a kid of 51 and these are my favorites, too!

Upvote 0

PatsRule

I would say your biggest "must do" is to get a guide book or log onto allearsnet.com. With children that young it is best to have somewhat of a plan. You may not be able to stick to it because of their ages but you have to do some planning so you are not overwhelmed. When my kids were that age we planned on getting to the parks at, or just after, opening. We tended to leave around noon-1:00 for rest and pool time at the pool. My kids went in the pool when it was in the 60's. Kids feel no pain. We then planned a dinner around one of the parks and spent an evening in that park.

Upvote 0

pinjim

Sleep in and take your time enjoying the parks. There's no need to "do everything" you'll just wear you and the family out and go home not having had a good time.
I've been there 6 times with my two boys 9 & 7 and we still haven't done most of it. We have favorites and try something new each time. If you do this, then all the better; otherwise go easy.

Upvote 0

eroyee

mickeys christmas party.

:wave: Mickeys Christmas Party is at night after they have the regular people exit the Magic Kingdom. Its a wonderful thing to see. They have lots of shows. hot chocolate and cookies, rides are not long waits, and a wonderful christmas parade. You order tickets thru whomever you got your ressies with or calling Disney. Its well worth the ticket price.!! Plus, all the cool christmas decorations. they have it snow!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

Don't forget the "repeat" factor. Kids love to do (or see) the same thing over and over again. They really prefer that to doing new things. That's why the favorite bedtime story is so popular or why they always want the same cereal in the same bowl for breakfast every day.

Even as an adult we have some of that leftover. My husband is not a big Disney fan but humors me with trips every now and then. But one thing that really gets him charged up is repeat rides - especially on Kali River Rapids. He just LOVES riding that early and staying on as long as the CM"s (and I) will let him!!

So don't stress over doing a lot of different things. If you find one or two that your kids love, then just go with it. They have many more years to discover the rest of the parks - but only once to go as a 4 year old and 18 month old.

Also, the playground areas were always hugely popular with my kids. MGM's Honey I Shrunk the Kids is DELIGHTFUL. At MK there's a new one in Fantasyland and the one in Toontown. We found that our kids "rested" better playing free in a playground than trying to make them "rest" in the hotel room. Something about running around free just recharges them. Tom Sawyer Island at MK is also great for kids. We would take a book to read and spend an hour or two in a playground just letting them do whatever they wanted for as long as they wanted.

Upvote 0

Sgt. Broomstick

I agree with PinJim about sleeping and taking your time. It's good to be relaxed and energized. Plan on using the Extra Magic hours if you go this route. As for swimming, if the weather does cooperate for you I highly recommend swimming in the Fantasia Pool - easily the best of all the All Star pools. You literally feel like your in the sorcerer's apprentice. I did swim in January once and getting out of the pool when it's cold outside is the hardest part but the pools are heated.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom