Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

BuddyThomas

So obviously, this thread is basically dead, but anyone have any Tony predictions for this Sunday?

I think A Strange Loop which already won the Pulitzer will pull it off for Best Musical, despite the fact that the night I saw it, at least half a dozen, maybe more, older straight couples walked out halfway through, apparently in objection to the very in your face gay content.

The Lehman Trilogy will win Best Play.

Company is a lock for Best Musical Revival.

Take Me Out should take Best Play Revival. It could’ve been American Buffalo before David Mamet lost his mind and went on Fox News saying that all teachers are pedohiles. So that’s out.

Patti LuPone and Matt Doyle are probably both locks for Best Supporting for Company.

Sharon D Clarke should take Best Actress in a Musical for Caroline or Change.

I have no idea who is getting Best Actor in a musical.

MJ, which I have not seen (and won’t) will probably get best choreography.

Six will probably take best lighting.

That’s all I’ve got. Any other predictions?

BuddyThomas

Not Broadway, but Disney related and this sounds very interesting.

BuddyThomas

And it's been announced that The American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League will count Phantom's run to be 160 years because of how they kept re-using the same songs throughout the musical.
D16D40B9-9F07-46EA-8B95-E3A71D83EE20.jpeg

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I am going to see Book of Mormon for the first time next month at DPAC. Pretty excited to have things finally line up where I can check this show out. I've heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone I know who's seen it. I ultimately picked it over Cats (seen 2x), Corteo by Cirque du Soleil (seen 1x), and Annie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom