Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I work with a small community theater and we are opening our first show since March tonight, performing outside. Beyond that we are not sure what we are going to do next. We have a 25% limit, but the tricky part for us is the 6 foot spacing between parties. Due to the size of our space would probably wouldn't even be able to make it to 25% due to the spacing. We do have plans for a virtual fundraiser where we record people doing songs in the theater one by one and then we will broadcast the whole thing on Facebook or YouTube.
Break all the legs! Theatre is in such a perilous place right now, so I’m really wishing you the best of luck. Hope it goes well ☺️

BuddyThomas

Heard a strong rumor that the Broadway League will announce, sometime this week, no shows until September 2021.

artvandelay

They’re canceling shows through May 30th, but shows have been telling cast and crew it’s really through September. They do say, with some kind of breakthrough, there could be shows by mid summer, but not hopeful.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
Such a devastating time for all parts of the art world. I never thought I would live at a time where a night at the theatre would be a "thing of the past." I suppose if there is one silver lining, it has been fascinating to see how live performances have evolved and adapted with the current crisis (ie live streams from sets constructed in back yards etc).

BuddyThomas

Such a devastating time for all parts of the art world. I never thought I would live at a time where a night at the theatre would be a "thing of the past." I suppose if there is one silver lining, it has been fascinating to see how live performances have evolved and adapted with the current crisis (ie live streams from sets constructed in back yards etc).
The live streams and recorded streams have been hit or miss. The Sondheim tribute was kind of wonderful, as was the recent Angels in America starring Glenn Close, but I’ve seen a lot that fall flat. Haven’t seen any outdoor productions yet, but coincidentally, one of my plays is getting an outdoor production in North Carolina starting next week. I’m going to get in touch with them and ask them about doing a live stream.

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
The live streams and recorded streams have been hit or miss. The Sondheim tribute was kind of wonderful, as was the recent Angels in America starring Glenn Close, but I’ve seen a lot that fall flat. Haven’t seen any outdoor productions yet, but coincidentally, one of my plays is getting an outdoor production in North Carolina starting next week. I’m going to get in touch with them and ask them about doing a live stream.

Believe it or not, I live in North Carolina!! What part of the state is your production performing in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom