MuppetVision 3D Issues

Kman101

What on earth makes you think a redo would turn out better than the original show?

Sounds like you've already deemed any replacement not worthy. I'm not saying I trust them that much either but you've decided already the replacement will be terrible. So when a replacement comes, you've already made up your mind.

erasure fan1

Why does everyone think he was just made for this attraction when he also was a character normally being used during The Jim Henson Hour. They even had a segment showing how he was created by Pacific Data Images the company that is now Dreamworks Animation.

Because there are very few of us Jim Henson Muppet nerds that actually saw that show, Let alone knew it even existed.

erasure fan1

Sounds like you've already deemed any replacement not worthy. I'm not saying I trust them that much either but you've decided already the replacement will be terrible. So when a replacement comes, you've already made up your mind.
Well the track record of Disney and mediocre muppets is there. Muppet vision is better than ANYTHING Disney has done with the muppets. So expecting them to top Henson is a tall order in my eyes. The Muppets (movie) was their best attempt but wasn't close to the first 3.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah, Henson, like Disney, was always trying to move his art forward through the use of technology. Waldo was the prototype for the tech that Disney benefits from today at the Laugh Floor and Turtle Talk. Jim Henson was a total creative genius. He was one of the only celebrities whose death made me break down in tears.

The tech has been expanded for sometime since Waldo..They do use it for some shows like Sid the Science Kid and the Hershey Mystery 4D Show at Hershey's Chocolate World for example.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just don't know that 3D films really hold their own in today's world. They are in every movieplex and, for some people, even available in the home.
Domestic 3D has thankfully been seen as the fad it was and is on the way out. Big screen releases are decreasing too in how much weight they lend to 3D.

I think there will still be a "wow" factor for 3D theme park entertainment when executed properly.

TalkingHead

Nothing I've seen from Disney makes me think they would improve the show. And it probably wouldn't include Henson's and Oz's performances, which would be hard to improve upon.

Well the track record of Disney and mediocre muppets is there. Muppet vision is better than ANYTHING Disney has done with the muppets. So expecting them to top Henson is a tall order in my eyes. The Muppets (movie) was their best attempt but wasn't close to the first 3.

True. Henson's Muppets aren't Disney's Muppets, and generally the former is far superior to the latter.

geekza

I think there will still be a "wow" factor for 3D theme park entertainment when executed properly.
There certainly can be, however an attraction based around one will definitely need quite a few added physical elements to make it special. Even then, I think it will be some time before 3D films in parks will be something to be considered special again.

Kman101

Nothing I've seen from Disney makes me think they would improve the show. And it probably wouldn't include Henson's and Oz's performances, which would be hard to improve upon.

True. Henson's Muppets aren't Disney's Muppets, and generally the former is far superior to the latter.

I definitely agree with you. I just personally try to be at least a tiny bit hopeful they can get it right. I know, I know ... :joyfull:

And you're absolutely right. Henson's Muppets aren't Disney's Muppets.

Kman101

Personally, I wouldn't say "anything" but that's subjective. As a big fan of The Muppets I'm well aware of the track record and how bad it is. Most of those are movies though. Not a theme park attraction. I'll remain hopeful they can get that right. I know some don't like it but the Muppets in Liberty Square work great. The Muppet Mobile lab. Sometimes they do get it right with them, personally. But it's subjective. (EDIT: But I understand that's not for everyone and that it may be seen as a poor use; I think they're fun uses of them)

Last edited:

Bartattack

Did muppetvision yesterday. Bubbles, bean AA etc were al working except for the water spray. What I did notice was that our 3D glasses were very ‘crooked’. As if somebody washed them to hot and the plastic of the glasses was warped. The 3D looked funky indeed... mostly double images with the 3D effects.

Kman101

Hasn't the water spray been off for what feels like a long time now? Or am I thinking of another effect that hasn't worked? I'm so terrible at keeping track of these things :joyfull:

erasure fan1

Personally, I wouldn't say "anything" but that's subjective. As a big fan of The Muppets I'm well aware of the track record and how bad it is. Most of those are movies though. Not a theme park attraction. I'll remain hopeful they can get that right. I know some don't like it but the Muppets in Liberty Square work great. The Muppet Mobile lab. Sometimes they do get it right with them, personally. But it's subjective.
I'm as big of a Muppet fan as you can get. And I want to love everything that comes out from them. While my memory isn't as good as it once was, I legitimately can't think of something Disney era Muppets that I've liked more than MV3D. Don't take my comment as everything Disney muppets is trash, but nothing really is great.

SteamboatJoe

I'm as big of a Muppet fan as you can get. And I want to love everything that comes out from them. While my memory isn't as good as it once was, I legitimately can't think of something Disney era Muppets that I've liked more than MV3D. Don't take my comment as everything Disney muppets is trash, but nothing really is great.

The first Muppets movie Disney did was really good overall. Not perfect.....the toilet humor and, at times, the Tex Richman character were misses but it very much captured their spirit and humor. It was better than the mid to late 90s theatrical releases. I haven't seen the Disney produced Muppets sequel but it does not look or sound like they were able to keep the momentum going. The cancellation of the TV show after one season says it all on that front.

erasure fan1

The first Muppets movie Disney did was really good overall. Not perfect.....the toilet humor and, at times, the Tex Richman character were misses but it very much captured their spirit and humor. It was better than the mid to late 90s theatrical releases. I haven't seen the Disney produced Muppets sequel but it does not look or sound like they were able to keep the momentum going. The cancellation of the TV show after one season says it all on that front.
Yes, the muppets was good, its my favorite of the Disney era. It felt like they were leaning on Jason Segall too much though. Too often it was Jason, and oh yea, the muppets. The 2nd movie I liked but it wasn't consistent. And that is where the Disney Muppet era is in my opinion, Inconsistent. There are times it feels like they totally get it. Then Fozzie comes out in fart shoes.

mf1972

i actually found the recent muppets show decently funny. not the muppets we grew up with. slightly edgy, but not bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom